GM Recall #:
NHTSA Recall #:
15V807
Date Issued:
Nov 30, 2015
Recall Title:

FLOOR CONSOLE ARMREST LATCH

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that certain 2016 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles may have a console-compartment door latch assembly that does not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 201, “Occupant protection in interior impact.” The supplier of these latch assemblies may have produced assemblies using the wrong latch spring, and that latch spring could fail to hold the console-compartment door closed during the test procedures specified in Section 5.3 of FMVSS 201
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 08:57 PM

Garage
News of the recall was just posted on Autoblog today:
2016 Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon recalled for opening console lids
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 05:43 AM

Garage
One more link.

GM Recalls 2016 Chevy Colorado And GMC Canyon | GM Authority

Relatively small number affected, they must of switched vendors on the latchs or something?

8,763 are in the United States
437 are in Canada and Mexico - I don't recall seeing any members from Mexico, I wonder if thete are there any?

It's a shame how the Quality has dropped offf on the 2016 models! lol

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:20 AM

I took my 2016 GMC Canyon in for its initial oil change service. They did the console latch recall and replaced my latch. I didn't even get out of the lot and noticed the new latch allowed the console lid arm rest to move up and down with too much play. I didn't want that vibration noise while driving. I called the service advisor back showed him the issue and told him I wanted my old latch back. The service advisor said it was the first recall they had done for the latch. Recommendation: If you get the recall done, keep your old latch.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Affects:

2016 Chevrolet Colorado manufactured between August 25th, 2015 and September 24th, 2015
2016 GMC Canyon manufactured between August 28th, 2015 to September 24th, 2015
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 04:17 PM

The recall of the recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozmanGMC View Post
I took my 2016 GMC Canyon in for its initial oil change service. They did the console latch recall and replaced my latch. I didn't even get out of the lot and noticed the new latch allowed the console lid arm rest to move up and down with too much play. I didn't want that vibration noise while driving. I called the service advisor back showed him the issue and told him I wanted my old latch back. The service advisor said it was the first recall they had done for the latch. Recommendation: If you get the recall done, keep your old latch.

zoz
Follow-up: Now there's a recall for the recall. Recall 16370 was done on my truck. Because the latch rattles, I was notified my mail today that there is another recall to recall the rattling latch and replace it with another that doesn't rattle. This is recall #2045820 date issued May, 24, 2016.
Vinolush likes this.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 04:50 PM

thats funny
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM

Garage
If you got a recall for the recall, seems like last day to get a "goodwill" gesture from GM is June 30th, 2017.

Only for those who had to come back to the dealer after already having the recall fixed it seems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DownloadPdf.pdf (89.5 KB, 16 views)
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Z71 2WD Crew Cab Long Bed Cyber Grey Metallic

Ready Lift 2.0 leveling kit, OEM Fender Flares, WeatherTech Mudflaps, Morimoto HID Kit, K&N 63 Series intake, JBA Catback Exhaust, Rough Country Hidden Bumper Mounts and 30" Light Bar, 17" Black Rhino Tanay wheels, Goodyear Duratracs, Go Rhino Sport Bar 2.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode