GM Recall #N150595 and/or 15595 - LOSS OF STEERING ASSIST - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
GM Recall #N150595 and/or 15595 - LOSS OF STEERING ASSIST

I got a call from my Dealer yesterday about a recall on my 2015 Canyon GM Recall #N150595 - LOSS OF STEERING ASSIST . I searched the forum & found a similar one "Loss of Power Steering - Recall #15439", but not this exact recall. Has anyone seen this, or has it been posted before?

FYI- You can check for recall on your vehicle here: https://recalls.gm.com/#/

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:43 PM

Interesting - I got an email on the wire harness recall mentioned elsewhere from my dealer, but this website shows no recalls active for my truck.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I thought it strange also, being in Canada, usually the Recalls first show up the the US, then filter their way to Canada at a later date.

The only reason I can think I may of got "pushed" this recall, is I had my truck in for the "Service Stabilitrak & Loss of Steering Assist" issue a few months after I bought it, so maybe my trucks flagged or something.

I'm not on this forum as much as I used to be, but I don't recall any talk of this particular Recall.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:15 PM

GM Recall #15595 - Power Steering connector seal

2015 to 2016 twins recall 15595 elect power sterring connector needs cover on connector for waterseale
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 08:29 AM

Glad to see my truck isn't affected as it was built before January. Taking it in Friday for the hood latch and firewall wiring, it might have made a long day if this was added into the fixes.

Also having them see why the channel changing lever on the back of the steering wheel sticks when it's cold. Once the truck interior warms up it goes away. Anyone else have this happen?

2015 Silver Canyon SLT
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 12:29 PM

If anybody has any information on this recall please share it so I can title the thread accordingly.
Is the number the official number or does it have any numbers/letters that prepend/append the actual number?

Information is helpful for searching.

Thank you

Last edited by 08Canyon; 02-24-2016 at 12:32 PM.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 04:49 PM

Maybe this thread should be merged?

http://coloradofans.com/forums/209-2...ng-assist.html

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 05:40 PM

Are those two recalls related?
Or the same...just a typing error is this new thread?
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Canyon View Post
Are those two recalls related?
Or the same...just a typing error is this new thread?
I think they are the same, just a typo.

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-24-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
I think they are the same, just a typo.
Ohhhh, so the existing thread is misnumbered then.....?
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 08:50 PM

2015 Colorado / Canyons Affected

Affected: Approximately 3,000 model-year 2015 Chevrolet Colorado pickups manufactured from Jan. 6, 2015, to March 17, 2015, and 2015 GMC Canyon pickups manufactured from Jan. 6, 2015, to March 19, 2015.

The Problem: A poor electrical connection within the steering gear connector may cause loss of power steering assist, resulting the loss of control and increased risk of a crash.

The Fix: GM will inspect and replace the steering gear pinion sensor cover assembly free of charge

Ordered 1/16/15: 2015 Colorado LT Crew Cab Short Box V6 2WD, Brownstone, Black Leather, Spray-On Liner, Convenience, Luxury, Safety & Trailering Packages, Locking Differential, MSRP $33,325 & Credit Union and USAA for Final of $30,855 Plus taxes.
Built on 2/20/15 and delivered 3/14/15. Husky Liner Mats Factory Splash Guards
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
WPG

Garage
Lucky me, I get to take my truck back to the dealer yet again. Losing faith GM
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 12:33 AM

Had my 15,000 mile service where they discovered I had the "Loss of Power Steering - Recall #15439". They fixed that and now 1000 miles later I have a warning message on my display "Stabilitrak needs servicing" with the accompanying warning lights. This happened after letting it sit for five days. Started it up to see the new message.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 01:18 PM

Garage
I have been checking the recall center on GM and my truck is not showing up with anything, built mid February of 2015 which puts it right in tne middle. Wondering if it was all manufacured during that time or just a partial
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Never had the loss of power steering or Service Stabilitrak message before. Went to the post office today and picked up the mail, including recall notice 15595. Less than 5 minutes later, before I even opened the envelope, the power steering went out and I got the Service Power Steering/Service Stabilitrak messages. Almost as though delivery of the letter caused the problem.
CrashFix likes this.

Brownstone Colorado CC SB Z71 4WD with trailering, spray in liner, splash guards, and tie down rings. Added Homelink, LED interior lights, Rocky Road Super Sliders, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite, and Blue Ox base plate.
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to monty57 Send a message via MSN to monty57
I originally had this issue with 2015 Canyon that purchased new (See In the Shop for ???- 10-06-2015). Both times the problem manifested itself, I was in a turn. When the steering went out, the truck felt like it was trying to "center" the steering and caused me to cross over into the other lane. No accident with either incident but when I got the vehicle to the dealership they said the parts where on back order with no ship date. After some negotiation, they trade me to a new 2016 on October 7th.

All was good until December 29th. I had a similar event but this time the truck left the road, went into a ditch, hit a concrete wall, concrete mailbox and telephone pole. The vehicle was a total loss. I had no broken bones or internal injuries but have not recollection of the entire accident. Doctors say this is normal. What bother me is the similarity of events. There has been mention of a defective moisture seal on the electrical connection. Prior to all the October incident there had been rain and the days preceding the December incident we had a record 5 days of rain. GM's Crash Data Recorder shows no steering information. I am posting this to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151229_152229.jpg (162.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg 20151229_161144.jpg (143.2 KB, 85 views)
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 10:27 PM

@monty57 Glad you were not seriously hurt. Those affected by the defective seal should be notified by GM for correction.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty57 View Post
I originally had this issue with 2015 Canyon that purchased new (See In the Shop for ???- 10-06-2015). Both times the problem manifested itself, I was in a turn. When the steering went out, the truck felt like it was trying to "center" the steering and caused me to cross over into the other lane. No accident with either incident but when I got the vehicle to the dealership they said the parts where on back order with no ship date. After some negotiation, they trade me to a new 2016 on October 7th.

All was good until December 29th. I had a similar event but this time the truck left the road, went into a ditch, hit a concrete wall, concrete mailbox and telephone pole. The vehicle was a total loss. I had no broken bones or internal injuries but have not recollection of the entire accident. Doctors say this is normal. What bother me is the similarity of events. There has been mention of a defective moisture seal on the electrical connection. Prior to all the October incident there had been rain and the days preceding the December incident we had a record 5 days of rain. GM's Crash Data Recorder shows no steering information. I am posting this to see if anyone has had a similar experience.
I was lucky I guess. Everytime my steering system kicked out, I was going straight. Haven't had any issues since they replaced the entier steering rack at 1500 miles, now at 24K.

post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to monty57 Send a message via MSN to monty57
Unfortunately, I have nothing left to repair and I am less that anxious to try another GMC Canyon. I have filed a case with GM two days after the accident but have yet to hear their decision. I also find it interesting that no steering information appears in their Crash Data Recorder report such as steering input or wheel angle.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty57 View Post
Unfortunately, I have nothing left to repair and I am less that anxious to try another GMC Canyon. I have filed a case with GM two days after the accident but have yet to hear their decision. I also find it interesting that no steering information appears in their Crash Data Recorder report such as steering input or wheel angle.
I should also state that in my failure - the tech said he could see a stored code on the failure.

Were you getting a POWER STEERING FAILURE as well as a STABILITRAK FAILURE? I got both when mine would fail.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode