Recall 38210 - Aero Shutters inoperative??? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:05 PM

Just spoke with the service writer at my dealership because I received an email about the hitch recall. He told me about the service bulletin for the aero shutters inoperative and he described it as a firmware update for the ccm. Taking it in this afternoon.

2016 GMC Canyon EC all Terrain

Last edited by mdusen1216; 06-14-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:34 PM

Lets try our best to keep this Shutter recall thread relavent to shutter recall information.
We've got dedicated recall threads for Hitch and radiator supports and several Android Update threads.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:35 PM

Service writer I talked to initially referred to it as a recall but walked that back and said it was a service bulletin when I mentioned it didn't show up in my recalls list.

See no mention of hitch recall.......crap.

2016 GMC Canyon EC all Terrain
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 02:42 PM

How do we know if our truck needs the shutters repaired or not?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Dl55 likes this.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 05:20 PM

Turns out it isn't a software update. This service bulletin calls for replacement the of the ccm. It is a completely new part # according to the service writer here.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM

New recall

I am in the shop now for the tow package issue and while I was here they told me there is a recall on the aero shutters or something... he mentioned also chassis control module... I dunno, they are fixing that too...
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
I am in the shop now for the tow package issue and while I was here they told me there is a recall on the aero shutters or something... he mentioned also chassis control module... I dunno, they are fixing that too...
If you are going to post about service items, please give specifics:
Service bulletin number, item, etc. Ask your dealer for details so we may know what is being serviced. I dunno is not informative or very helpful.
Janster likes this.

'16 Z71 EC
GMPP Exhaust - K&N (Stock CAI) - Hypertech 89 Octane Tune
Hellwig Anti Sway Bar - Rear

Morimoto HID conversion 5500K
Morimoto LED Projector Fog Lights 5500K
GM Color Matched Grille
AVS VentShades
Colorado badges removed
Black Bow Ties

Red LED Dome lights
Canyon (soft) black center arm rest
Canyon Dark Bronze Aluminum Radio Bezel
Browneye's Rear Seat Shelf

Bed Rug & Tailgate Mats

More to come!
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2016 View Post
If you are going to post about service items, please give specifics:
Service bulletin number, item, etc. Ask your dealer for details so we may know what is being serviced. I dunno is not informative or very helpful.
When they are done and I can review the service ticket and ask for the details, I shall.

Patience.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:54 PM

Recall # 38210 aero shutters inop
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 06:27 PM

If the link below is not the same as yours, send me a PM and I'll reopen this thread.
Recall 38210 - Aero Shutters inoperative???
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 11:08 PM

Garage
This was my experience today. Got the hitch letter in the mail and called to make an appointment. Service person says there's another service bulletin and asks for a moment to pull it up. Comes back and says it for the Aero Shutters but they aren't sure what parts may be required from the information they have currently and when I bring it in this Wednesday they'll know for sure what is to be done with it. I just had a full service done last week and asked about any SBs that might be outstanding on my truck and there were none so this is just now hitting dealerships, at least in my area. Easiest thing is to call in with the last 8 of your VIN and have them run it for you. I've had my truck six months now and just got the hitch letter.
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 04:27 PM

The CCM is mounted to the frame right above the spare tire, took about 40 mintues to change out and replaced/updated with a new module and different part #s, just ensure the red push lock pin is reengaged to secure it ;) I took off my spareb4 I took it in. Nothing physically done to the shutters in front....

Active Grille Shutters Improve New Pickups? MPG | Medium Duty Work Truck Info

Last edited by mdrn; 07-19-2016 at 04:35 PM.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 09:27 PM

Here is the location of the CCM that is subject to the Aero shutter recall ;) - https://www.repairprocedures.com/ser...8_3803578.html
kellvsshi likes this.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:43 PM

Garage
Update to my above post. The recall is 38210, and requires the tech to drive the vehicle for a set time and speed to verify a problem. If there is a problem I was told is was a reprogram fix, not a replacement fix however that might change due to specific user issues rather than this recall as a whole. Good news for me is all was fine and I was back out the door in short time.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 03:10 PM

Here is my new CCM. I hope the other picture shows the red push lock pin that mdrn mentions in his post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160720_133002148.jpg (247.2 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160720_133105727.jpg (208.5 KB, 135 views)
mdrn likes this.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 03:48 PM

I went for an alignment d/t my zone lift, and the dealer ran my Vin and stated I had 2 recalls the hitch and CCM / Aeroshutter. Had no complaints / concerns they just said said they would order the CCM and update every thing....
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 07:02 PM
vw1

Garage
Same experience, took my truck in for oil change and was notified of hitch recall (which I knew about and had confirmed was not an issue), and the one for the shutters. Dealer ordered part and said they'd call when it was in. My dealership has been on top of everything with this truck, a big plus. Oil change and tire rotation today took less than half an hour.

How would you know if the shutters weren't working without being able to look at them while driving?

I went back and looked at earlier posts in this thread and saw the debate about whether this was a recall, covered, etc. My receipt indicated it was a recall, but it also had the text "expires with base warranty". So, if you don't get it fixed while the truck is under warranty you might be out of luck.

Last edited by vw1; 07-26-2016 at 07:08 PM.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw1 View Post

How would you know if the shutters weren't working without being able to look at them while driving?
Looks like issues with check engine lights initially and issues with cold weather / icing ?
Active grill shutter problems - P151E-00
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 AM

Recall confirmed

I received a letter from GM stating I had to schedule an appt to correct 2 recall issues... The Aero shutters and the trailer hitch.. Made the appt. The trailer hitch was visually inspected and found to be the correct hitch. The other recall was the Aero Shutters Inop! Let me just say this recall was welcomed, because for the last few months I've noticed a "whistling" sound at highway speed (above 60mph)... I knew something was wrong... Anyway they they made the correction and it solved the problem 90%.... Still hear a slight whistle at highway speed, but nowhere near as bad as it was.
Factory Recall 38210 Aero Shutters Inop
1 23365364 F- (s) module
Chassis control module replacement and chassis control module reprogramming with SPS

2016 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab - Summit White
5" Chrome Assist Steps
Bose Premium Audio
Trailering Equipment Package
Navigation with 8" touch screen
Bakflip MX4
Weathertech floor mats
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 04:44 PM

Received my letter about the trailer hitch last week. I took the truck to the dealer on another issue and they confirmed I had the right hitch but said I had the aero shutters issue. I have not received a letter on that yet. They are ordering the CCM and will call me when it comes in. Initially they wanted me to leave it to be checked but I told the service rep. about the info from this site and, after looking the servicing up, he agreed to order and call me to schedule replacement. It pays to read the posts on this site.
JBT likes this.

'16 Z71 EC
GMPP Exhaust - K&N (Stock CAI) - Hypertech 89 Octane Tune
Hellwig Anti Sway Bar - Rear

Morimoto HID conversion 5500K
Morimoto LED Projector Fog Lights 5500K
GM Color Matched Grille
AVS VentShades
Colorado badges removed
Black Bow Ties

Red LED Dome lights
Canyon (soft) black center arm rest
Canyon Dark Bronze Aluminum Radio Bezel
Browneye's Rear Seat Shelf

Bed Rug & Tailgate Mats

More to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode