Recall 38210 - Aero Shutters inoperative??? - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:14 AM

Garage
Went in for my second oil change and was told this recall was due on my truck. I asked what they had to do for it, they said they need to order the new part install it and program. I asked if they had to do any testing and they said no, it said that it was just a replace and program. I asked why it didn't show up on My GMC, they said it is not really a recall and only needs to be done when someone comes in for any reason so they don't send cards out for it. My truck was built 11-2015 and the only recalls that it had on it was this and the hitch inspection. They said it should only take an hour to do when the part comes in.

2016 Cardinal Red 4x4 All-Terrain Crew Cab Short Bed

Trifecta Tune
Heated Mirrors
GMC Sill Plates
GMC All-Weather Floor Liners
Front Windows Tinted
Sports Bar with GM Off Road Lights
LED Backup Lights
LED Cargo Lights
Red LED Map Lights
LED Dome Light
LED Vanity Lights
LED License Plate Lights
Cargo Rings
Weathertech Mud Flaps
TonnoPro LoRoll
Lund Bed Extender
Pop-N-Lock
The Stubby Antenna

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 12:15 AM

Garage
Went in today to have this fix completed, my MPG's have went up since this morning, so I guess they were not working. I wish I could have gotten it done before I drove to Long Island, NY last weekend!
mdrn likes this.

2016 Cardinal Red 4x4 All-Terrain Crew Cab Short Bed

Trifecta Tune
Heated Mirrors
GMC Sill Plates
GMC All-Weather Floor Liners
Front Windows Tinted
Sports Bar with GM Off Road Lights
LED Backup Lights
LED Cargo Lights
Red LED Map Lights
LED Dome Light
LED Vanity Lights
LED License Plate Lights
Cargo Rings
Weathertech Mud Flaps
TonnoPro LoRoll
Lund Bed Extender
Pop-N-Lock
The Stubby Antenna

post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-16-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC7011 View Post
Went in today to have this fix completed, my MPG's have went up since this morning, so I guess they were not working. I wish I could have gotten it done before I drove to Long Island, NY last weekend!
Pretty painless recall / update all things considered xcept for time :) Thank you for your service

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 09:20 AM

I'm at the dealership and they are telling me I have the aero shutter recall but Chevy website and OnStar recall info don't list it for my vin. Anyone else run into this. Did they do the recall or not?
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENYPDE View Post
I'm at the dealership and they are telling me I have the aero shutter recall but Chevy website and OnStar recall info don't list it for my vin. Anyone else run into this. Did they do the recall or not?
Did who do the recall or not?

If your dealer is saying the recall needs to be done, let them do it...it's a minor recall issue.
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 PM

Garage
Shutters

I got a check engine light code P059F took it in to dealer they checked it and ordered parts, said it was safe to drive as is. Only 7865 miles on 2015 Canyon SLE . I live in southern Calif so I know this is not related to freezing like some have reported. There could be a recall coming.
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 11:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat View Post
I got a check engine light code P059F took it in to dealer they checked it and ordered parts, said it was safe to drive as is. Only 7865 miles on 2015 Canyon SLE . I live in southern Calif so I know this is not related to freezing like some have reported. There could be a recall coming.
Dealer called yesterday said parts were in. According to work order they replaced the lower bumper grill shutter assembly, as of now all is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode