Recall #2027620 - Incorrect receiver hitch installed - Page 6 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 09:12 PM

Cool Assorted CC Recalls

I figured the 10W30 Amsoil would be better here for summer time, as the temps here today hit 100F. The 5W30 suggested from GM is a gas mileage "gimmick" they have going, and nothing else. They even told me at the dealership to run the 10W30 in it to give it more hot weather protection. And with it being full synthetic, it will work just fine in what bit of cold weather we have here in winter. They also checked my electric power steering assist on the recall and found nothing wrong with my particular truck. They mentioned that some of them were getting "rubbed" on and caused the wiring to chafe somewhat, but not on all of them. Of all the recalls on mine, they have yet to find anything wrong for what it was recalled for in the first place. Seat hooks, power steering, receiver hitch, and the block heater cord so far to date. As for keeping the transmission oil cool, I guess you know these trucks with the HD towing package come from the factory with a great transmission and engine oil coolers built in to them. Trace your transmission oil and engine oil lines up to the front of the truck and you'll see the AC condenser coils. The top 10 rows are for transmission oil cooling and the bottom 10 are for engine oil. The rest of those rows in the middle are for AC freon cooling. Just press the INFO button on the DIC and you'll see the transmission oil temp pop up. Even on hot days mine does not go over 150 degrees. That is COOL for transmission fluid, and only an external transmission cooler can keep fluid that cool this time of year. In winter it rarely goes above 120F. You cannot run trans fluid to cool. Smart move on Chevrolets part too, with a 7,000 pound tow capacity, they'd better keep the trans fluid and engine oil cool. OK, I'll just have to wait and see what they do with what ever it is they ordered the part for it last week. I'll be sure to let you all know here, in an effort to pass along some helpful info to someone else. This is a great forum , with great people contributing everyday. Good job everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 11:18 AM

Hello Land Shark,
I can understand how having multiple concerns can be frustrating, and apologize for any inconvenience various trips to the dealership have cased you. I would be more than happy to offer my additional assistance while you are working with your dealership. Please private message me with your VIN, full contact information, current mileage and dealership you have been working with, so I can look into this further for you.
Best,
Julianne M.
GM Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Shark View Post
I figured the 10W30 Amsoil would be better here for summer time, as the temps here today hit 100F. The 5W30 suggested from GM is a gas mileage "gimmick" they have going, and nothing else. They even told me at the dealership to run the 10W30 in it to give it more hot weather protection. And with it being full synthetic, it will work just fine in what bit of cold weather we have here in winter. They also checked my electric power steering assist on the recall and found nothing wrong with my particular truck. They mentioned that some of them were getting "rubbed" on and caused the wiring to chafe somewhat, but not on all of them. Of all the recalls on mine, they have yet to find anything wrong for what it was recalled for in the first place. Seat hooks, power steering, receiver hitch, and the block heater cord so far to date. As for keeping the transmission oil cool, I guess you know these trucks with the HD towing package come from the factory with a great transmission and engine oil coolers built in to them. Trace your transmission oil and engine oil lines up to the front of the truck and you'll see the AC condenser coils. The top 10 rows are for transmission oil cooling and the bottom 10 are for engine oil. The rest of those rows in the middle are for AC freon cooling. Just press the INFO button on the DIC and you'll see the transmission oil temp pop up. Even on hot days mine does not go over 150 degrees. That is COOL for transmission fluid, and only an external transmission cooler can keep fluid that cool this time of year. In winter it rarely goes above 120F. You cannot run trans fluid to cool. Smart move on Chevrolets part too, with a 7,000 pound tow capacity, they'd better keep the trans fluid and engine oil cool. OK, I'll just have to wait and see what they do with what ever it is they ordered the part for it last week. I'll be sure to let you all know here, in an effort to pass along some helpful info to someone else. This is a great forum , with great people contributing everyday. Good job everyone!

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
post #103 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmerep View Post
And I was just told by the Dealer that they have to drop the hitch to see if its correct and would take an hour...I think your right, they're just looking at the tag and charging GM for an Hour, I'm going to see if they remove the hitch,.....I switched dealers because my other one was trying to rip me off, maybe the're all the same
The amount the dealership gets paid is based on the allowed time in the recall which is .2 hours of labor for an inspection. GM will pay no more than that. Even if they had your truck for 5 hours, GM would pay .2

Ordered 6/16/16: 2016 Z71 White CC LB 2WD Duramax

post #104 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 12:54 PM

Garage
I had a dealer tell me it takes all day if not longer to flash the steering module. Had to leave it there overnight. Another dealer told me 20 to 30 minutes after we get it in the door. Sometimes they don't hear the crap coming out of their mouths.
post #105 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 07:54 AM

Off subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Shark View Post
Took mine in last Friday. I checked the sticker before I went and it had the 7,500 lb trailer and 900 lb tongue weight sticker on it. That part was just fine, however I ordered my truck with an engine block heater on it, and it had a recall on it as well. Something about the cord being to long. They told me they had to order a new cord, and would let me know when to bring it back to be installed. I got the block heater only to warm up the block some on really cold winter mornings, so as not to place cold engine start up wear and tear. It won't work unless the outside temp is below 0 degrees F. The plug in has a thermostat built into it to keep it from working unless it's below zero outside. I can't simply remove the plug end and replace it, otherwise they tell me it would void the entire truck warranty. They also say it would set codes on the engine ECU, and make the truck run like crap too. If Chevrolet engineers can program it not to work above zero, I'm sure they can program it to work beginning at around 15 degrees. 15 is COLD to an engine. Seems like such an easy request that they seem to want to make a mountain out of an ant hill. Anyone got any ideas on this nothing but digital wizardry keeping the block heater from working above zero.
The moderator should move unrelated posts to the original title subject to the correct posting subject area. For clarity and organization, block heater questions should be in the block heater area.

zoz
bac522, kaiser67 and macr88 like this.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
post #106 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boborc View Post
I had a dealer tell me it takes all day if not longer to flash the steering module. Had to leave it there overnight. Another dealer told me 20 to 30 minutes after we get it in the door. Sometimes they don't hear the crap coming out of their mouths.
I don't remember which "flash" recall it was, but had my truck in for oil change one Saturday morning. Without an appointment years in advance, oil change is about all the dealer will do on Saturday. Service advisor came to me and said there was a recall (service bulletin?) on my truck and they needed to flash something. I'd have to go dig out the papers to find out what it was, but in any event, I asked how long would it take. His response, just a few minutes. I showed up for oil change at 8 AM when they open on Saturdays, drove away before 9 AM with oil change & flash updates complete.

It's not how long it takes to flash the system, it is how long does it take to actually put the truck in a bay and get around to hooking it up.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #107 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 01:47 PM

Garage
cary he actually told me gms site to link up with could be bogged down and he has had cars hooked up all day to get an update. The other dealer was upfront and said once we get it in the door 30 minutes at most usually. Guess the first guy didn't nwant me hanging around driking all the coofee and devouring the snacks. Iam close to 280 pounds.lol
post #108 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:05 AM

My trans.runs hot 175_80 after 30 min,90f outside temp flat streets,stop and go.It went over 200 F on a two mile incline.When you say HD are you talking about a Silverado type truck or our Colorado's?
post #109 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:02 AM

Huh??? What do the last couple of post have to do with a Trailer Hitch recall???? Start a new thread please!
Dl55 and macr88 like this.
post #110 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 AM

Checked my 2016 and the sticker says 7700/900

:)
post #111 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:26 AM

Garage
Mine was labeled correctly also. I took my truck to the dealer recently and confirmed I have the correct hitch.

2015 Canyon SLT Crew Cab, SB, V6, 2WD, Onyx Black, Jet Black Leather, Nav, Bose, Tow, Safety Pkg, Spray Liner, BAK RevolverX2, OPT7 LED Lows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode