New Recall: Trailer Hitch - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

New Recall: Trailer Hitch

Got a notice today from my dealer re: a trailer hitch recall, I called and they told me I needed to schedule a visit for trailer hitch inspection, apparently some 2015/16's were assembled w/ a hitch rated @ 3500 lbs instead of 7000 lbs. Anyone else get a notice?

2016 GMC Canyon 4WD SLT Crew Short Box, 3.6, Summit White, Cocoa Dune, Bose, Navigation, Apple Carplay, Collision Alert, Lane Departure, Molded Splash Guards, Exhaust Tip. Ionic Voyager Running Boards, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, BedRug Bedliner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 AM

Yeah, there is a pretty big thread on it with a detailed description of what to look for.

It's in the recall section.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGCFDC View Post
Got a notice today from my dealer re: a trailer hitch recall, I called and they told me I needed to schedule a visit for trailer hitch inspection, apparently some 2015/16's were assembled w/ a hitch rated @ 3500 lbs instead of 7000 lbs. Anyone else get a notice?
There is a label, left side of receiver, should say 7700. Plenty of pictures on the other thread.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thread moved to the recall section

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Burbank, Ca here, I took my 2016 Colorado in for a oil change 2,700 miles, just because. But told of recall on Hitch, and Body Control module?? My first Chevy Product, Love the truck, but..my A/C compressor is making noise after only 2000 miles, they agreed it's not right something rubbing when engaged, and no noise as soon as you turn the A/C off. They won't order a new Compressor till the service person has a pow wow with chevy back in China or where ever. So I have a date scheduled for the hitch and body module, and will I get my A/C compressor replaced or not who knows. That alone makes me re thinking of keeping a chevy. Also i have a pit a piece of dirt in the paint on the hood. The truck is black and after my first wash that I did was when I seen it. The factory should of seen that. Quality at chevy not good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode