GM Program #: 2016019 HVAC Module Temp Door - Page 15 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkilburn View Post
Got mine back today, it had the complete tear down and replacement of the door with the updated parts. Has heat, no rattles, and was detailed upon pick up. So far so good. I hope anyone else having this done has a dealer that provides an equal or better result.

Took mine in three weeks ago. It failed inspection and I've been AWP (awaiting parts) ever since. Called dealer yesterday asking about it since I'm taking the truck north the end of the week. Service manager said they have no status as to when the replacement part will be in. I told him I better not have issues while I'm on the road next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:10 PM

I got mine back today after 2 days at the dealer. So far so good. Heat damper appears to be working as designed.

2016 Colorado LT 4WD, Long-Box, Laser Blue/Jet Ash. Convenience & Luxury packages, Factory Spray-in Bed Liner, Safety Package, Trailering Package, Mud Flaps, Quad-fold G4 hard tonneau cover, 3" OEM steps, All-season OEM floor mats

Ordered 5/22/15
TPW: 7/13/15
Received: 8/8/15
post #283 of 289 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 03:02 PM

Was having issues with intermittent heat. Seemed worse on cold days. Turns out the surge reservoir tank had a small crack on the nipple flange. Only leaked when the engine was working hard and pushing coolant into the overflow tank which is why I could never see anything on my driveway. Dealer replaced the whole reservoir under warranty. Said they re seeing quite a few of these lately so there maybe a future recall in the making. Just passing on so folks be sure and check it out.
mracer and CrashFix like this.

Andres

CCLB 2WD Colorado Owner
post #284 of 289 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:34 PM

Mine was not cracked and i put the hose clamp my self but i was still getting emails from Onstar. I went to my dealer and they said they had to do the repair in order to get the recall cleared on my truck from GM and Onstar. So i had them do the repair.Installed hose clamp. No big deal,took about half hour.
post #285 of 289 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Garage
I adjusted my clamp yesterday, just slightly loosen it and turn the temp knob back and forth from cold to hot. I watched it. It rotates about 90 degrees. Then when sure its not hitting anything tighten up the clamp so it cant slip any more. Eazy peezy...
Toughsox likes this.
post #286 of 289 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvobagger View Post
Took mine in three weeks ago. It failed inspection and I've been AWP (awaiting parts) ever since. Called dealer yesterday asking about it since I'm taking the truck north the end of the week. Service manager said they have no status as to when the replacement part will be in. I told him I better not have issues while I'm on the road next week.
Part came in just before Christmas. Couldn't take the truck in till this past Tuesday. This was the first one the dealer found bad. It would have been done in one day however GM instructions didn't mention new doors also require a different actuator. Square drive actuator will not work with the new door. New actuator arrived the next day. Picked up the truck Wednesday. So far no dash squeaks.
post #287 of 289 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 01:34 PM

Garage
Been two months since I had the door & actuator replaced, all good no dash squeeks or rattles.
post #288 of 289 (permalink) Old Today, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Took my '15 in, had one crack and they installed the clamp. I was so thankful that it didn't need a new door, the dealer was happy as well since it is such a nasty job.
Toughsox likes this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #289 of 289 (permalink) Old Today, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
Took my '15 in, had one crack and they installed the clamp. I was so thankful that it didn't need a new door, the dealer was happy as well since it is such a nasty job.
I only have the one crack too and installed the clamp myself. But Im still leery about leaving it alone as I kept my 1st Gen collie 10 years and don't have that warm & fuzzy feeling this fix will last 10 years.

While you are right it does seem to be one nasty job, I'll be tackling this myself once spring time rolls around...... Im not about to take a chance with My Baby being man-handled by the dealership.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode