GM Program #: 2016019 HVAC Module Temp Door - Page 16 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #301 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priminition View Post
I went to book an appointment for the mishap by the dealer that I addressed earlier via their online website. The next available appointment was in late March!!! I felt that this was out of the ordinary and contacted their online live chat representatives, who confirmed that the next available appointment was in late March. This was not going to do.

I found a way around that though: I booked an oil change (one of the free ones that I got with the purchase of the truck) that was available in two days. Two days? Yep availability in two days to change my oil. I get that it is a simple oil change but, once it is in for the oil change I will bring my concerns to their attention and get my truck in that way. Hopefully they will honor the warranty I have and the work that they did. Then they can fix it and I don't have to wait until late March to take it in. Crossing my fingers that this will work.
I brought the truck in today at 8:30 for a 9:00 appointment for an "oil change". I threw in the problems I had when they were taking down my mileage. After 2 hours, all problems were fixed and the oil was changed. The oil change was free due to the dealership incentive for buying from them. The missing screws and mismatching screws were replaced. I went to shake the previous loose bracket around and it all looks good.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you in your adventures in this problem, especially if booking an appointment.
Vinolush likes this.

2016 GMC Canyon SLE, 4x4 (All-Terrain)
Cyber Grey, Navigation, Bose System
Trailering Package, Spray-in bedliner
Fold-a-cover, Air Dam REMOVED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 PM

Got the recall done today. I don't know if it is fine or not as my wife drove the truck home from the dealer. Never had an HVAC issue prior to the recall. I asked her if there was heat and she said yes so if she's happy, I'm happy...
JBT likes this.
post #303 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 01:43 PM

3 months later i found the hose clamp loose and retightened after making sure it was hot and cold temp-wise and blowing out the proper vents when it was suppose to be

post #304 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Garage
Got mine done today. No cracks...in and out in 45 minutes

2016 Chevy Colorado LT CC LB 4x4 Laser Blue(bought 2/22/16)
Bed Mat-Gator Tonneau Cover-Husky Floor Mats-Pink Camo Seat Covers-Colorado Trailer Hitch Cover-Dale Jr License Plate Frames-Tough Country 1.25 Level Kit
post #305 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM

Got mine done yesterday, 1 crack, hose clamp applied. Now the heat doesn't work.... They are back at it today, keeping my fingers crossed it is just binding somewhere.

2015 Colorado Z71 ext-cab
3.6 V6 w/ 6-sp Auto
4WD w tow package
post #306 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 05:37 PM

Once again quality control is lost in the mix...it's a shame that mostly due to the flat rate system the techs feel like they don't have the time to check their work, but I guess that's where the question comes from..."if you don't have time to do it right the first time where's the time to do it a second time"?
Not to mention not getting paid for the second effort!
Shall we mention the lack of customer satisfaction!
Can't help but wonder, if they can't even manage to have a successful repair installing a hose clamp the idea of a complete door/actuator replacement becomes absolutely frightening!
NotCool88 likes this.

2015 Cyber Gray Z71 CC LB Navi Bose Trailer Pkg
Fold-A-Cover
3" Assist Steps
Cravenspeed Shorty Antenna
Dee-Zee Bed Mat
Interior LED's
Debadge & Plasti-Dip Bowties
Tinted Windows
McGard Anti Theft Tailgate Lock
post #307 of 313 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 08:31 PM

It appears they fixed it. Invoice says: "Temp door...Actuator in cancel position. Suspect lost position memory. Relearned Actuator positions. Heat operating normally at this time." Drove it home from the dealer with the heat blasting, nice and toasty. It was 55 degrees out (dial only goes as low as 60), so I can't say with 100% certainty the air conditioning is OK - but after heating up the cab I switched it to recirculate and hit the AC button and got cool air. I think I'm OK.
And yes, garymikey1982, I'm soooo happy they won't be tearing into my dash
garymikey1982 likes this.

2015 Colorado Z71 ext-cab
3.6 V6 w/ 6-sp Auto
4WD w tow package
post #308 of 313 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:46 AM

Here's my truck as they try to correct for another dealer botching the recall and leaving the HVAC to whistle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck.jpg (219.6 KB, 77 views)
post #309 of 313 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbbabydmax View Post
here's my truck as they try to correct for another dealer botching the recall and leaving the hvac to whistle.

omfg !

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #310 of 313 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 PM

If there is anyone that had the full blown replacement, do you happen to have the part numbers for everything they changed out?
When I was at mt dealer today for something unrelated, I mentioned I do have the 2 cracks, and it is holding up with the clamp for the time being....but I said there is no way Im letting them tear it apart so I can hear rattles in 6 months so I will do this repair on my own. He said he could not get me the parts and either they do the whole job or he wants nothing to do with it...... such a prince, eh.
Anyways, I plan on getting to it in the next 2 weeks and want to just go order the parts, which Im sure any Chevy dealer can look up but hey.....sometimes Amazon is the way to go. LOL

PS, Im sure there is the door, and the actuator, but Im thinking maybe they needed some other odds and ends, like plastic replacement clips or foam weatherstripping, stuff like that.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #311 of 313 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:46 AM

Garage
I got one of the early 2016 DMAX in Feb 16. I saw a number of posts about the blend door so I checked mine , it came with a white plastic retainer around the shaft. From what I read, the new version has a redesign to the shaft.
post #312 of 313 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 PM

Had this recall done on my 2015 Canyon along with passenger door lock not functioning with the key fob. After leaving the dealership (doors locked), the door can't even open from inside or outside using door handles. 2nd service appt takes an hour and off I go. The next day, the AC/HEAT doesn't go full cold or full hot so I have to schedule a 3rd appointment to fix this. My service survey was emailed to me and I let them have it. GM service quality seems like a big problem right now. They are in such a rush that no one is checking if the the problem is actually fixed.

2015 GMC Canyon Summit White Base 2WD
-Plasti-Dipped Stock 16" Wheels and Emblems
-Factory Satin Black 3" Assist Steps
-5000K HIDs
-LED Interior and License Plate
-Rear Tailight Cameleon Clear Tint
post #313 of 313 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 AM

Garage
Car dealers ALWAYS have to worst mechanics. put the clamp on yourself and be done with it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode