GM Program #: 2016019 HVAC Module Temp Door - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:02 AM

If you got the clamp repair and in a reasonable amount of time, but out of warranty, you had a second failure, I think GM would likely cover the proper repair.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 02:24 PM

Garage
I got the onstar truck report via email yesterday, it listed the HVAC recall. About 30 minutes later got an email from my dealers service manager informing of the recall and to schedule a service to get it repaired. 10 minutes later, another email from the dealer service schedule guy. I replied back asking if could wait til my next oil change in Feb, they recommended I should come in sooner than later. I use my truck during the day for work and told them I wanted to stand by/wait since it was just a inspect 1st, then they order parts and I come back a 2nd time, they said not advisable to wait during the appt, so I asked for a loaner, they said no problem but not avail til Dec. I booked it, hope for the best I guess.
I always ask for a loaner, always lucky to get get 1. Don't be afraid to ask, you may have to wait a little but worth it IMO.

2015 Z71 V6 Cyber grey 2 Wheel Drive Crew Cab Long bed
Diablo Trinity T1000 Tuner | Trail Boss Wheels l Duratrac 265/65/17 l Eibach Fronts (2.0") / Rear Shocks l Swaybar End links l Peragon Bed Cover | K&N Drop in Filter | 30% Ceramic Tint | AVS Hood Deflector / Visors | Weathertec Front /Rear Mud Flaps | OEM Fender Flares l Carbonfiber Bow Tie Wrap| OEM BedLiner | OEM Tow Hitch | N Fab Sidesteps | OEM Z71 Mats
post #43 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 03:32 PM

My dealer has been very accommodating with loaners. They try to match the loaner to your vehicle with a newer or higher trim level version of your current vehicle. When I was in for the hood latch repair they sent me out with a brand new Canyon SLT with less than 100 miles on it.
They also do the same when my wife has her Audi serviced hoping to tempt us to move on upstream. Smart marketing. They are required by the manufacturer to have x number of loaners available. So they are fulfilling their obligation to the manufacturer as well as doing a service for you thus we never feel ashamed to ask for a loaner.

2015 Canyon SLT 4X4 V6, CC, SB.
Bronze Alloy Metallic/Cocoa Dune
Ordered 10/8/14 Picked up 12/22/14

post #44 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 04:57 PM

Can someone confirm that if after inspection if the temp door needs to be replaced if they have to do a dash tear down to get it done or do they get to door from the bottom of the dash.????
post #45 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payload View Post
My dealer has been very accommodating with loaners. They try to match the loaner to your vehicle with a newer or higher trim level version of your current vehicle. When I was in for the hood latch repair they sent me out with a brand new Canyon SLT with less than 100 miles on it.
They also do the same when my wife has her Audi serviced hoping to tempt us to move on upstream. Smart marketing. They are required by the manufacturer to have x number of loaners available. So they are fulfilling their obligation to the manufacturer as well as doing a service for you thus we never feel ashamed to ask for a loaner.
My dealer has put me in a nice Acadia and a stripped Sierra.

I was very pleased with the Sierra other than the lack of rear view camera - it convinced me that I made the right decision with my Canyon. I hated driving that huge boat.

The Acadia was first vehicle I ever drove with the blind spot alerts on the mirror. I think that is a good option that seemed to work well, I see it being standard soon on new cars.

I just need to bite the bullet and set an appointment.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
post #46 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernie2002chs View Post
Can someone confirm that if after inspection if the temp door needs to be replaced if they have to do a dash tear down to get it done or do they get to door from the bottom of the dash.????
They do have to do a tear down, 8 hr job.
post #47 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Got mine done today..... Ended up using the clamp, only 1 crack.... Service Manager showed me the report from GM and shows how the clamp will take care of the issue. I actually believe it will unless they didn't put it on tight enough or something... Checked the AC and Heat before leaving and all is well... I ended up having their driver take me back home and my wife brought me back after it was complete but he did say if I needed the replacement he would have got me a loaner....

On a side note, I do believe they broke a cowl panel trim right below the windshield on the passenger's side.. He claimed when he called me that it was already like that and he is replacing it under warranty. When I seen it, I knew it wasn't like that, no biggie though, it's not hurting me and they ordered a new one so it's all good. Just thought it was funny.
post #48 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Haven't gotten a letter or any other notification. Had to type my VIN into GM's website to pull it up. Guess I should be happy they are fixing it, at the same time someone should have done it right in the first place. Granted, most of my other recalls seem to be because of installation issues. This is the first one I have had that is actually from a design flaw.

I will be take a lot of pictures before it goes in... if any interior pieces are scratched or something happens to my console mounted brake controller or CB radio I will be ready. I just feel very uneasy about my dash being teared apart.
Toughsox likes this.

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #49 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:13 PM

You may be lucky and they not have to take the dash apart.
Arctic Cat ZRT likes this.
post #50 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:25 PM

Garage
Got the recall on mine also... Going in Friday to get it checked out...
The photos before work is done is a great idea !!!

" Diamond"
2015 Chevrolet Colorado LT , Ext. Cab
Silver Ice Metallic
3.6 V6 DOHC 6 Speed Auto.
17" Blade Silver Metallic Aluminum Wheels
3:42 Gear G80 Auto. Locking Rear with Tow Package
8" Mylink Entertainment Center
GM Performance Exhaust
post #51 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot1982 View Post
Got mine done today..... Ended up using the clamp, only 1 crack.... Service Manager showed me the report from GM and shows how the clamp will take care of the issue. I actually believe it will unless they didn't put it on tight enough or something... Checked the AC and Heat before leaving and all is well... I ended up having their driver take me back home and my wife brought me back after it was complete but he did say if I needed the replacement he would have got me a loaner....

On a side note, I do believe they broke a cowl panel trim right below the windshield on the passenger's side.. He claimed when he called me that it was already like that and he is replacing it under warranty. When I seen it, I knew it wasn't like that, no biggie though, it's not hurting me and they ordered a new one so it's all good. Just thought it was funny.
Does your dash rattle in any way, i.e. when going over bumps, after they took it apart? Just that I love how solid the trucks are. Everything is tight with no rattles.... I have gone offloading and even then the whole truck feels like a rock.
post #52 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 11:55 PM

I just checked and I don't have this listed in my owner's center page. Something I'm wondering if it's related to this or not (and if any of you have noticed) though.

With the ignition in the run position but the engine not running, if I turn off the AC and mute the radio so there's no sounds in the cabin, I can hear the "click/whine" every two or three seconds of what sounds like a servo moving. It sounds like it's coming from behind the dash. If it's the servo motor making that noise, I wonder if the temp controller is what's causing the extra strain on the mixing door because it's always trying to move the door (even if the door is closed).

I'll try to get an audio recording of it but it's REALLY faint.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
post #53 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 12:24 AM

"More than one crack"? So a single crack is okay? Omg.
post #54 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saytanicmechanic View Post
I just checked and I don't have this listed in my owner's center page. Something I'm wondering if it's related to this or not (and if any of you have noticed) though.

With the ignition in the run position but the engine not running, if I turn off the AC and mute the radio so there's no sounds in the cabin, I can hear the "click/whine" every two or three seconds of what sounds like a servo moving. It sounds like it's coming from behind the dash. If it's the servo motor making that noise, I wonder if the temp controller is what's causing the extra strain on the mixing door because it's always trying to move the door (even if the door is closed).

I'll try to get an audio recording of it but it's REALLY faint.
I have heard the same sound as well, I was under the impression its the recirculation door opening and closing, I have automatic a/c on my canyon and I notice when truck is turned off the circulation is set to outside air as the truck turns off. But I might be wrong, these trucks are high tech...
post #55 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442_mike View Post
"More than one crack"? So a single crack is okay? Omg.
I thought the same thing! It's amazing what's ok with a 30,000 truck! LOL
post #56 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Does your dash rattle in any way, i.e. when going over bumps, after they took it apart? Just that I love how solid the trucks are. Everything is tight with no rattles.... I have gone offloading and even then the whole truck feels like a rock.
They didn't have to take the dash out. They can access it without removing the dash but can't replace it without removing the dash..... On the rattle note though, I do have a rattle on my left side trim by the windshield... I know that's the part cause I can put my hand on it and it stops.... Sucks but I don't know how to stop it so I have to deal with it.
post #57 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 08:27 AM

When I went in for my last service I was discussing with the service rep how much I was enjoying my Canyon. He said that was what he heard from other owners but the dealership was a bit disturbed by so many recall issues. Hmmm.
Arctic Cat ZRT likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT 4X4 V6, CC, SB.
Bronze Alloy Metallic/Cocoa Dune
Ordered 10/8/14 Picked up 12/22/14
post #58 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 03:02 PM

Seems I keep hearing about a lot about 1st year Canyon's with recalls...
post #59 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot1982 View Post
Seems I keep hearing about a lot about 1st year Canyon's with recalls...
Yup, this will be my 7th recall/campaign for my truck.....and I've also had 7 warranty items addressed. I think the first batch of trucks were 9/10ths baked and should have been left in the oven a bit longer...
mokanmikey and Holeshot1982 like this.

2015 Canyon / 4x4 / SLT / CC / LB / G4 Elite Cover / GM Performance Exhaust / Diode Dynamics Yellow LED Fogs / LED Lic. Plate Bulbs
post #60 of 313 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I have heard the same sound as well, I was under the impression its the recirculation door opening and closing, I have automatic a/c on my canyon and I notice when truck is turned off the circulation is set to outside air as the truck turns off. But I might be wrong, these trucks are high tech...
Glad to know I'm not the only one hearing this noise. :D Thing is, if it's a servo that's bumping against a stop, there's really no reason for it. The BCM/ECU/Enviromental controller/SCADA/whatever GM is calling it should be able to know the position of the servo since there's usually a position sensor built into the servo. The only thing constantly cycling the servo against the stop is going to do is either crack the shaft of the temp control door (if this is the servo making the noise constantly), or prematurely burn out and/or crack the gears in the servo.

If that's what's going on here then GM needs to find and fix the software bug that's causing the problem.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT 4x4 in Copper Red Metallic
Hellwig rear swaybar/Pop N Lock for the tailgate/Revolver X2 tonneau cover/Bed Lighting/Extra high amperage USB charging ports/GM Bed Mat/Tailgate brake & backup lighting/Fumoto valve/Line-X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode