GM Program #N172081900 Transfer Case Actuator Motor Sticks - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

GM Program #N172081900 Transfer Case Actuator Motor Sticks

March 6, 2017

Certain 2017 model year Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Silverado LD and Tahoe, and GMC Sierra LD and Yukon vehicles equipped with an automatic transfer c vehicles equipped with an automatic transfer case (RPO NQ6), may have a condition in which the transfer case actuator motor brake sticks in the open positionase (RPO NQH), and Chevrolet Colorado and Suburban, and GMC Canyon inside the transfer case actuator assembly. If 1) the actuator motor brake sticks open, 2) the vehicle is on surface with angle greater than 0 but less than 2 degrees, 3) the vehicle is parked in 4LO, 4) the system is warm, and 5) the vehicle ignition is turned “Off,” there is potential for vehicle rollback due to the range fork slipping into neutral. The brake sticking condition will set diagnostic trouble code C0326 58 and a “Service AWD” warning will appear on the driver information center.

zoz

2017 GMC Canyon Denali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 AM

My diesel Canyon is going to the shop on Monday for the 3rd time for this. My issue says Service 4WD though.

They replaced the actuator last time it was there.

Last edited by bglf83; 03-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:38 PM

My 2017 diesel just started this today after picking up from the dealer for a defective tire. I can't imagine they would have needed to touch anything that would have caused this to change a tire. Mine is not throwing a code. It just says "Service 4WD".

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:46 PM

Dealer updated the software to fix mine. Specifically the description says: " PIP5369B REPROGRAMMED TCCM FOR DRIFT C0398 1A74C FDFA8"

Probably not the exact issue described by OP. Looks to be a new issue.

Last edited by coloradoninja; 04-24-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode