Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Diesel leveling 2inch

25K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  Dmax16 
#1 ·
Will be getting my diesel in the next few weeks and plan to get 2inch level installed before I take delivery. Does anyone out there have this installed? What's the rake like at 2 inch front level only? Is it too much?

#7 · (Edited)
Would the block effect ride at all?
Shouldn't really, it doesn't effect the spring rate, just it's position above the axle

They are like $100. Get it, if you don't like it you can take it out way easier than a leaf and prolly still sell it for $50, lol

I bought one for my lift that's coming, not even sure I'll want to use it. But for $100 I knew I'd rather have it on hand if I decided I needed it

#8 ·
#14 ·
Here's a shot of my Dmax with "at the time" a 3" spacer lift in the front and nothing in the back on 33" tires.

Attachments

#16 ·
Yes..I lifted the front another half inch and the back a half inch on the right side and 3/4 on the left to level out the lean it had from the factory.
To me the truck looks completely level all the way around now.

#52 ·
I thought there would be less rake on the diesel with the heavier springs but that's not the case. I am 37" at the rear fender well and 35" at the front. Therefore the 1.25" zone would not be enough.

Ready Lift 2" kit goes on tomorrow.

#18 ·
The 2.8 Z71 I test drove looked good the way it was. IMO

#20 ·
You're not the only one who can't see them, I cant' either. I am installing a 2.5" up front and add a leaf in the rear on my Trail Boss Dirty Max tomorrow. I hope it doesn't make the front sit higher, that will suck balls.

#23 · (Edited)
Mine wasn't nose high with a 3 inch lift in the front and stock in the rear either.
Keep in mind that the front suspension will settle in at a half an inch lower once you get some miles on it.
At least my 2015 Canyon did. It made me wish I would've went a little higher then the 2 inch lift.

#28 ·
Yeah that happened to me to this weekend. The front coilovers that were supposed to be set to level the truck ended up actually raising a bit higher than the rear. Fortunately I planned ahead and ordered a 1inch rear block (because I've had this happen before) and with that everything is about level

#33 ·
Eibach used my truck as a tester for their existing (designed for the gas v6 truck) Pro-Truck Sport ride height adjustable setup. I believe the front can be adjusted 0", 3/4", 1.5", and 2" via secure snap rings. It's a slick setup. I'll attach pics. They will probably update their site to show compatibility with the diesel soon. The washed out pic is the "after" at the max height.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.