Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

How Often Do You See Diesels?

22K views 142 replies 73 participants last post by  ssgjurista 
#1 ·
So I bring this up cause up until today I haven't seen a single diesel in SoCal (except my own). For whatever reason I have seen two today. A fully loaded blue Trail Boss in El Centro and a Canyon that was leveled and mud terrain tires in Victorville. (I truck drive so I'm around a lot)
How often is everyone seeing diesels around where they live?

#2 ·
Including my own, I have seen exactly one!

Reactions: lqdchkn
#3 ·
I have only seen one other in the Manassas/Woodbridge, Virginia area. It's a red Colorado. Even then I've only ever seen it twice in the last few months. I see the gassers everywhere.

I do know that my dealer was supposed to be getting 2 others around the time I got mine in, but I never saw those either.

#6 · (Edited)
I've only seen one that didn't have an 'M" plate on it. I've seen dozens of "M" plate diesels. (M is a manufacturers plate).
I have seen a lot of strange goings on lately. Like a Ford pickup in pre model release anti photo camo pulling into the GM Tech center........must be than new trans joint venture.
Followed this guy right up Mound Road to the Tech Center. Sure looks like a Ford under the camo .

#7 ·
In my large region of about a million people, I have the only one ever ordered or sold so, none around here. I did see one diesel Canyon in another region.

#8 ·
Seen 2 different Canyon's out on the road. One Chevy dealer has had 5 or 6 come in they all sold quick probably ordered trucks. Chevy dealer nearest me has had one on the lot for about 5 weeks. Sticker on the truck is right at 45k. Friend of mine looked at it said they want sticker for it,so I guess it will probably sit and get washed by the dealer's lot crew. Inventory on the dealer website's has started to pick up in the last couple weeks around here. Have had my truck for almost 8 weeks.

#17 · (Edited)
You must have missed me.

I was in GP last week!

I don't see many twins to begin with, gas or diesel.

Ive only seen one other Duramax in Ventura County and it was leaving the dealership where I bought mine. It had another dealer plate (unknown location).

#12 ·
When mine was delivered to the dealership in March, there was another one with it. I have seen no others since then

Reactions: Dayton
#13 ·
Only the one I test drove in Billings,MT. A Z71 and that made my mind up. Not seen any more around here.

#14 ·
I've seen, or I should say heard 3 other baby Duramax in the past 2 weeks. One in Simi Valley, CA, black on black z71, another was on a 2 lane road around Chatworth lake reservoir in Chatworth, CA, white with brown interior, and a siliver on black Canyon in Thousand Oaks, CA. Had the windows down in the heat, heard the funny little 4 banger motor in such a big truck each time, at a stop sign or stop light... dead giveway. A 4 banger in such a big truck just doesn't sound quite right to me... sounds just like my little 1.9 liter jetta motor from 2002. I just kind of expect expect an inline 6 or a V8 diesel sound. Little motor sound, big truck appearance.

#18 ·
I have not seen ANY in Raleigh, NC. I don't even see many of the trucks at all. I ran into a guy leaving a restaurant last week in a Red Hot CCSB Colorado and chatted with him a moment. He was on the v6 engine. Have probably seen more Canyons on the road around town than Colorado's, but am starting to see some WT trim Colorados being used for various business/company trucks. Have seen ZERO Dmax's though.

#19 ·
North central Illinois. I saw one Colorado diesel at a small GM dealership for sale several weeks ago but it is gone now. I have seen zero Canyon/Colorado diesels on the road. None of the dealerships here have any diesels on the lot. But, the Hy-Vee in Peru, IL is building Tesla supercharging stations (7) for the multitude of Teslas coming our way!

zoz

#28 ·
My Canyon diesel has been to Peru, IL a couple times since purchased in Feburary. :)

#24 ·
Lol this post got way more replies than I was expecting. Living in SoCal I see the twins daily but not many diesels other than the two I saw yesterday. That blue Trail Boss though.... man I liked the way that looked. I personally wouldn't of gotten it since I prefer the Canyon interior and it's too expensive for what you get bit still.... that thing was so good looking.

#26 ·
our dealer has one on lot and first one he has gotten, I got mine 11 weeks ago that I ordered and that is first he has had and sold. He also delivered one last week that was ordered and now has 1 on lot. He also just got 4 other gas models in but he had none because he had sold all the others. That was chev lot. GMC lot has not had one at all on lot to sell and delivered 2 diesel ordered ones but they came from Kansas so not around here. I live in smaller NE okla town but only 40 miles from Tulsa. I work in Tulsa and can say I have only seen a one on dealers lot and 1 running around a few weeks ago but that is it.

#30 ·
Today my wife and I were out looking at properties along the southern L Huron shore. Saw three Colorado diesels in the 55 miles between Port Huron and our last stop.
Interesting how things change just 60-115 miles N of Detroit

#32 ·
I have seen quite a few twins in the twin cities (Minnesota) but have not seen a single diesel other than mine. I know i was the first to order one within 600 miles when i ordered it in November. I drive a lot in mine and already have 11k miles so i have been a little surprised to not have seen another one.

#45 ·
I know i was the first to order one within 600 miles when i ordered it in November.
I'm within 600 miles of you and ordered August 14th so others were ordered before your November time frame. Just some dealers had a easier time getting an allocation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.