Rattle - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 02:57 PM

Mine is in the temperature knob where the auto button is. As soon as i put my hand on the knob the rattle is gonei. Took it apart to see but that thing is one full assembly. It happens on the low rpm but nothing on bump.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM

Mine is still in the right front fender area or underneath the passenger door area. Only above 50MPH. Doesn't appear to be any missing fasteners from the wheel well liner either. Zip tied a could of wiring bundles, but no luck. The search continues.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
Why is it that you pop up right away on small things like rattles and radio issues, but are nowhere to be found on the seriously problematic issues, like the shifting problems? By coming on here you are the face and representative of GM. Not just to an individual customer, but to all other customers and public with access to the internet. You're really reinforcing the growing perception/opinion that GM couldn't care less about their customers with this very real problem that has been PROVEN to be completely fixable. Multiple aftermarket tuners have been able to completely fix this issue. Why won't you?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kind of rough don't you think? I think it is pretty cool to have a customer care rep on this forum in case I needed it. No sense in taking out frustration on a guy that is trying to help members. They improved the transmissions with our feedback for the 2017 V6s, and those with 2015 and 2016s it's really not bad.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:37 PM

The GM reps on the forum are limited to what they can do. Most are just a path to a dealer to try to solve the issue. Most have their hands tied so please do not take it out on them. The people that need to hear those comments are back at GM telling them what they can or can't do.

My thought is if the computers are bouncing around that can't be good for long term life. I know factory computers are pretty bullet proof form heat and vibration but there has to be limits.

I would hope they have a recall to put in a foam pad to absorb the shock.
Ben F likes this.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 05:42 PM

Garage
anyone experiencing at red light take off if you punch it a vibration or rattle before the turbo spools up? and only then does it happen, im wondering if the turbo has an issue or its that electrical box guys on here are saying it needs to be remounted with rubber behind it. But it isnt at idle. Just when i mash on the throttle from take off, just till the truck gets moving then its gone. Its like the turbo is having trouble spooling up with the load before it gets rolling. But im not ruling out other things touching, this is just what it feels like. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
Hi cgory and others,

We understand how this rattling can be frustrating and would be happy to contact the dealer on your behalf to get this addressed. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further. Be sure to include your full contact info, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer. We're here if further assistance is needed.

Best,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care
not sure if this reply is private. please reply to cgory@verizon.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode