Ultimate delete DISCUSSION (not argument) - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 631Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
OP Clearly stated the objective, questions regarding warranty should be ignored and not expanded upon. :)

I know you mean well, just between the warranty and GDE tuning I get tired of reading it.
I totally understand... But he asked the question in regards to resell and trades etc... I will not entertain any questions regarding the matter in detail... This has been beat to death everywhere else... We're gentlemen here, and I've been called a contributor in other places... I plan to keep my replies productive

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
KMW and mrpositraction like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
Jason-the-heckler(hacklerjason) posted a relevant EGR thread a few days ago(heck, maybe a week, I dunno). IIRC it addressed new tables he asked for from EFI Live
New calibration definitions file for E98
He walks you through it
Heckler? You say that to my face, I wonder what you say when I'm not on the internet haha! I asked for those tables for that specific reason, to properly tune around not having EGR... The boost is higher for 2 reasons.. 1) To counter act less oxygen being available for combustion with EGR flowing, and 2) when you close the vgt vanes, you create back pressure in the exhaust manifold to allow EGR to still flow into the intake manifold overcoming boost pressure.... For EGR to actually flow, EGR pressure has to be higher than boost... Otherwise you have a boost leak and not EGR flow... Drive pressure must be higher than boost to have working EGR on this platform... There is no venturi to draw EGR like big diesels, I'm not specifically talking Duramax, lots of manufacturers use venturis ... When you unplug the EGR, the ECM sees the signal go high, indicating the valve is 100% open even though that's not actually the case, as evidenced by the scanner showing 100% error.. It will run the "EGR valve open" map for the vgt which, without working EGR, puts more boost than you need and actually hurts efficiency... All else being equal, adding boost advances combustion timing, NOT INJECTION timing.... When combustion timing is advanced, you won't know it aside from the rattle... Injection and the actual combustion event are separated by "ignition delay"... The delay will be more or less depending on conditions... More boost is less ignition delay, due to higher cylinder pressure prior to injection, or "compression", ergo higher heat. The fuel will combust sooner than desired which will actually waste a lot of energy... You want combustion to occur iirc 16° ATDC to have the highest net positive power

I challenge you hyper-miler people out there.... Pick a road with conditions you can reproduce easily, AC on, lights, etc... Just make sure it's the same conditions every pass... Pick a 40mph road or whatever... A long section with no stops... Set cruise for 40mph or whatever the limit is... At a very specific section of that road take a mental snap shot of your instant mpg. Get your best instant mileage... Then flash the next tune with the modified vgt open loop tables per my small write up, and repeat the tests again... You'll find that the boost will be lower, but mpgs will be higher... Try it out

lqdchkn likes this.

Last edited by hacklerjason; 03-13-2017 at 04:24 PM.
post #43 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Here's a good read for you guys... Long, but very informative...
http://www.maxxtorque.com/2009/03/di...iming.html?m=1

MontanaSteve likes this.

post #44 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
KMW

You weren't kidding, long read! Read every word though. Good info, and I think I have a much better understanding of diesel motor operation now. I think it's safe to say that guy knows his stuff!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
hacklerjason likes this.
post #45 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:42 PM

Who knows there the plates are to remove the EGR valve and cooler package? I seen them somewhere, can someone link me please? I know where to find the plate that goes either between the cooler and valve, and I know of another one that goes between the valve and the manifold... I want the one that bolts to the head, and allows the removal of the entire setup

post #46 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
KMW

The only one I've seen was the Australian company, and I think that one just went in between the valve and the intake, because they mention possibly drilling a small hole in it to allow just enough EG through to avoid throwing a code. So probably not what you're looking for.

post #47 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMW View Post
The only one I've seen was the Australian company, and I think that one just went in between the valve and the intake, because they mention possibly drilling a small hole in it to allow just enough EG through to avoid throwing a code. So probably not what you're looking for.

I know of those..

post #48 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
KMW

Figured so.

Is it anything complicated? If it's a simple plate with bolt holes, I have a CNC plasma table. If I had a gasket or even a scanned drawing, I could probably cut one out.

Joedude likes this.
post #49 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Figured so.

Is it anything complicated? If it's a simple plate with bolt holes, I have a CNC plasma table. If I had a gasket or even a scanned drawing, I could probably cut one out.

It's a simple plate but has a strange shape to it... A burn table would handle it no problem... It will need to be perfectly true to seal good and keep soot from blowing everywhere... Can be 3/16 plate steel... Preferable to be a billet plate if you have any billet alum you can burn these plates out of... I see you are a vendor but I'll send you the pm before we get into trouble

Last edited by hacklerjason; 03-13-2017 at 05:09 PM.
post #50 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
KMW

No, I'm not a vendor, just a guy with some tools!

post #51 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not a vendor, just a guy with some tools!

Your name has the vendor icon next to it, you paid into that to become authorized to sell on here

post #52 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
Who knows there the plates are to remove the EGR valve and cooler package? I seen them somewhere, can someone link me please? I know where to find the plate that goes either between the cooler and valve, and I know of another one that goes between the valve and the manifold... I want the one that bolts to the head, and allows the removal of the entire setup

Someone just posted one of the Aussie shop links that had those but when I clicked on it, it said product not available, so who know if they are actually making them or not
post #53 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
Someone just posted one of the Aussie shop links that had those but when I clicked on it, it said product not available, so who know if they are actually making them or not
Oztuner, fosko, and maybe a couple others... I need the removal plates...

post #54 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
KMW

Quote:
Your name has the vendor icon next to it, you paid into that to become authorized to sell on here

Really? I just noticed that today and wondered what that was. It must be a mistake, because I haven't paid anything nor requested to be a vendor. It's possible in the future, after I have my truck and make a few things for it, but not now.

I like to fabricate, and in the past once I post up stuff I've made for myself, everybody wants one!

post #55 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Really? I just noticed that today and wondered what that was. It must be a mistake, because I haven't paid anything nor requested to be a vendor. It's possible in the future, after I have my truck and make a few things for it, but not now.

I like to fabricate, and in the past once I post up stuff I've made for myself, everybody wants one!

I'm asking for one because I haven't seen one commercially available yet... I will buy the first one fitting the need I have

post #56 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
KMW

Just found this:

http://www.dieselops.com/oz-tuner-eg...esel-2015-2016

Doesn't really say anything about it.

post #57 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Just found this:

http://www.dieselops.com/oz-tuner-eg...esel-2015-2016

Doesn't really say anything about it.

Yea I'll need more information before I spend money.. I need a pic or something

post #58 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
KMW

My thought too. My guess is they just came out with it, but it says in stock. So no excuse for no picture.

hacklerjason likes this.
post #59 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Oztuner, fosko, and maybe a couple others... I need the removal plates...

Fosko that was it

Fosko Enterprises EGR Plate Trolley Key & more | Newcastle
post #60 of 992 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
I've seen that, it's not the one I want... That goes between the valve and cooler, I want the one between the valve and head... Those are for leaving the hardware on board but blocking... I want the removal plates. Thanks though

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode