That Jerry Brown! - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
..., yet we're always in the hole.
The property tax cap has a lot to do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
It's amazing that there are states(Florida obviously being one of 'em) that manage to exist, no, THRIVE while not collecting income tax on their citizens, yet Kalifornistan goes 12 steps futher and taxes the shit outta EVERYTHING, yet we're always in the hole.
I know man. Just take a look at CHICAGO as one liberal shithole.

They haven't had a conservative / republican governor since what, Hitler was in power!?

Housing a in decline, City is in massive debt, crime is at an all time INSANE high.

Guns are highly illegal even for legal citizens.

I could go on and on. This is what liberal policies get you and CA is on the same track.

CA is what, 20 BILLION in debt? Florida is 2 Billion in the plus!?

Florida is open for business. My family business has struggled for the last 8 years and in the last 3 months we have made more money than in the last 12 months. I am working 7 days a week just to keep up!

I think you would love it here. You should look into it ;)

post #43 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:43 PM

Yeah looking at possibly going to the San Austin-tonio area soon

post #44 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
Well there is only one thing to do....

Come to Florida! It is like California, but BETTER! ;)

No state taxes, Just federal and local. My state tax for goods is 6% and locally is .5% so I only pay 6.5% on goods and I only pay Federal withholding on my paychecks. :)

Florida is awesome for keeping your own money. We also have Rick Scott, Republican Governor who is pro gun. We have "Stand Your Ground" and "Castle Doctrine" laws which also includes your vehicle.

You will also only see liberals in 2 different areas. one from most snowbirds that come down from NY and northern states, and in LARGE Florida cities like Miami,(Like San Diego) Tampa (No idea, lol) (, Jacksonville (Like Oakland), and Key West (Like San Fran).

I Live near West Palm Beach and it is amazingly gorgeous here. (Where Donald Trump's house is here)

I am sure you could find new schools and jobs ;)
QUITE!!! They will all be here. Have you seen our roads lately? It's getting to be like downtown LA. The more that come the more taxes FL will need to pay for them. The "good old days" are almost gone now.
RatRacer likes this.

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome
post #45 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Garage
While I hate to see you all leave, the freeways should be less crowded .Right?
RatRacer likes this.

post #46 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1618 View Post
I'm sorry?
Where I live(Orange County), my property tax increases sometimes yearly. Magically the county feels your property is worth more than anyone will pay for it, and it increases in value more rapidly that the housing market.
Every tried to get 'em to re-asses? What a fucking joke.
Plus, there's different tax rates everywhere. 1.0, 1.1, heck. Norco is 1.7.
There's no cap on ANY taxes here

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17
post #47 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:36 PM

Garage
post #48 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:38 PM

Garage
As much as I love Cali, it is time to move. Soo much corruption, overpopulation, sales tax, property tax and now fuel tax. When does it ever stop, never, it will continue to grow worse. I will looking at Cali on my rear view in 2 months.
yokev likes this.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT (Summit White)/ 2.8L Dmax/ 4x4/ CC/ LB/ Line-X/ Remote Start/ Debadged/ Icon Suspension Stage IV/ 17x8.5 Method Grid Titanium/ 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT/ OEM GMC All Weather Liners/ Bakflip MX4 Cover.......
post #49 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Prop 13 froze prop tax values in what...1979?
My grandparents had it, but most people don't.
As far as its 'future' effects, as I wrote in my earlier post the government gets around it simply re-assessing your property regularly and increasing its value.
On top of that, the lib-tards keep passing bond after bond that raises it-Norco is the highest I've seen at 1.7%
When FDR enacted Social Security it was and was to forever be a STAND-ALONE fund.
JFK ended that when he raided it to pay for.......THE FUCKING PEACE CORPS! So not only did he STEAL our retirement money, he took it to give to OTHER FUCKING COUNTRIES!
He of course wasn't the last. It's been further raided by at least Clinton since then.
Anyway, my point here is that our government (fed and state) has proven to wipe its ass with our laws(Obama and his appointees loved to wipe their collective asses with the Constitution), and we haven't done a thing about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubs View Post
As much as I love Cali, it is time to move. Soo much corruption, overpopulation, sales tax, property tax and now fuel tax. When does it ever stop, never, it will continue to grow worse. I will looking at Cali on my rear view in 2 months.
I envy you man, I REALLY do
brobox likes this.

Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"

Last edited by yokev; 04-09-2017 at 07:58 PM.
post #50 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Everybody has it. In California, real property is reassessed when sold.
post #51 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Everybody has it. In California, real property is reassessed when sold.
No they don't. The ONLY people who got their property tax frozen were those who owned it when Prop 13 was voted in(late '70s)
The part about 'future' benefits like the mystical 'cap' at 1% doesn't exist, as I've pointed out. I currently pay 1.1%, and I just bought property in Norco at 1.7%
As far as property not being re-assessed until it's sold, I've personally had my property tax raised several times because it's been reassessed while I owned/lived on it.
When we went through the recession back in '09- and property values plummeted we tried to get ours reassessed and lowered for obvious reasons. OC told us to go pound sand, but they had no problem raising it in '14 because they said it increased in value.
Having said that, OC IS the county who had you make your property tax check out PERSONALLY to the county treasurer/assessor(as in, HIS NAME), and guess what?
Yeah, he embezzled. They found this out roughly the same time the county went bankrupted from rabid corruption I wanna say back in the '90s

Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
post #52 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
BS
We are one of the most populated and highest taxed states in the nation, that in and of itself screams that Sacramento has a spending problem, not a revenue problem...

The gross over spending, 1 in 3 being on free handouts, a butt ton of illegal aliens, WAY too many over paid government employees with big fat pensions...the list goes on and on...yet somehow the governor still wants to spend 90 billion on a semi fast train that has zero chance of being monitarily self sufficient...but he needs to raise registration and fuel taxes because CA is broke... BS
FlynJRacer likes this.

'16 EC LB 3.6L V-6
2" RC leveling kit & 1.25" RC body lift
Airdam delete
Raptorliner DIY bedliner
Method Grid Wheels -Special Thanks to JT@Bajakits with stainless beadlock bolts
Falken Wildpeak AT3 265/70/17
NFAB W2W nerf bars/steps
OEM fog light kit
OEM fender flares

As soon as $$ permits...Bajakits Upper A-arms and King coilovers and rear shocks.
post #53 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 11:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
QUITE!!! They will all be here. Have you seen our roads lately? It's getting to be like downtown LA. The more that come the more taxes FL will need to pay for them. The "good old days" are almost gone now.
LMAO.

I Hear Ya! Although, all of my roads are juuuuuuuust fine and the city/county are re-paving all of them now ;)

Also, for me at least, it is the fucking SNOW BIRDS that need to get the HELL out of here. GO BACK HOME!

I would gladly take Regan conservatives from Cali any day lol

post #54 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Garage
Petition to Eliminate the New Gas Tax

Here's a petition you can sign. I don't think this is the formal petition that would be needed but if enough citizens get on board, that would be a logical next step. You can also choose to have the petition website not display your personal information if you choose:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/747/4...o-new-gas-tax/
lqdchkn likes this.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod

In the garage: 2002 Z06

post #55 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
As far as its 'future' effects, as I wrote in my earlier post the government gets around it simply re-assessing your property regularly and increasing its value.
On top of that, the lib-tards keep passing bond after bond that raises it-Norco is the highest I've seen at 1.7%
When FDR enacted Social Security it was and was to forever be a STAND-ALONE fund.
JFK ended that when he raided it to pay for.......THE FUCKING PEACE CORPS! So not only did he STEAL our retirement money, he took it to give to OTHER FUCKING COUNTRIES!
He of course wasn't the last. It's been further raided by at least Clinton since then.
Anyway, my point here is that our government (fed and state) has proven to wipe its ass with our laws(Obama and his appointees loved to wipe their collective asses with the Constitution), and we haven't done a thing about it

I envy you man, I REALLY do
Prop 13 limits property tax increases to no more than 2% per year. This shorts the state of money because property there often appreciates at double digit rates. The end result is that people that bought there homes years ago are paying a fraction of the real estate property taxes they should be paying and this places the burden on everyone else, such as new home owners.

I use to live in Norco and it's where I met my first wife. She rode her horse up to that little bar that had Taco Tuesdays and I liked the way she looked in those very tight jeans.

In TX we write the name of tax collector on our property tax checks as well. Seems very weird to me.

I was born a Texan but moved around a bit for work and general excitement and put bluntly, leaving CA was absolutely the worst thing I ever did for my career. I was in my young 30s and on track to be making half a million/ year all those years ago in my near future. Part of the reason I left was I was annoyed at government over-reach and I thought I could do better. Although I've done well and am happy, I would have had 5x the career in CA that I have had in TX and if I could go back in time I would not have left.

Good luck.
Duken4evr likes this.

Current: 2009 Canyon CC I5. 170K miles. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
Eagerly awaiting 2018 Canyon Denali Diesel 4x4 CCLB
post #56 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post

In TX we write the name of tax collector on our property tax checks as well. Seems very weird to me.

Trust me, if you write Travis County Tax Assessor on the check, it will get cashed, no problem.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #57 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns_PSD View Post
I was born a Texan but moved around a bit for work and general excitement and put bluntly, leaving CA was absolutely the worst thing I ever did for my career. I was in my young 30s and on track to be making half a million/ year all those years ago in my near future. Part of the reason I left was I was annoyed at government over-reach and I thought I could do better. Although I've done well and am happy, I would have had 5x the career in CA that I have had in TX and if I could go back in time I would not have left. Good luck.
While my situation does not compare to yours, I too took a career hit when I left CA. That is OK. The real estate windfall softened that blow, and I have enjoyed no longer living in that God forsaken overcrowded 3rd world country, um, I mean Long Beach...
lqdchkn likes this.

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior. Line-x.
post #58 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 05:18 PM

Can't wait for trump to get rid of the EPA. What's taking so long? The entire USA should be on the ''Honor system'' We will have no more problems! Abolish the EPA!!!
post #59 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast View Post
Can't wait for trump to get rid of the EPA. What's taking so long? The entire USA should be on the ''Honor system'' We will have no more problems! Abolish the EPA!!!
It's already up to the manufacturers to basically 'self' certify.
I guess that's the reason why Ford(there are others as well) got popped for being a little 'optimistic' on the C-max(pretty sure that's the name of the thing anyway) mileage.
Speaking of this kind of crap, has anybody else heard that the feds busted FCA for equipping smog-defeat devices(ala VW) on the diesel Ram 1500(which I assume means also the diesel GC)?
I just read it in the latest Car & Driver

Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
post #60 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:48 AM

The wealthy love the tax free bonds , first to repaid, non taxable interest..

My Puerto Rico bond paid 14 % , tax free

GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode