Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

That Jerry Brown!

15K views 114 replies 39 participants last post by  White016 
#1 · (Edited)
That SHITASS(as my dear departed grandmother used to say) Jerry Brown!

California Legislature votes to raise gas taxes, vehicle fees by $5.2 billion a year for road repairs and transit - LA Times
That sonofabitch just raised the tax on diesel fuel ANOTHER 20c/gallon, plus a 12c increase on fuel across the board.
So starting next year we're gonna be paying another ******* THIRTY-TWO-CENTS a gallon on diesel fuel.
Can someone explain HOW the **** that piece of **** got elected AGAIN as governor?
He TOTALLY **** the bed his first time around back in the '70s, and IIRC some idiotic NoCal city elected him mayor, and he drove that place into the ground, again IIRC, getting himself fired in the process.
And now he's been elected governor for two-consecutive terms!
It's like the idiots in D.C. re-electing Marion Barry, even after he got popped for taking bribes-AND- smoking fricken crack cocaine on CAMERA.
There's never been a greater need for an IQ test to get your voter registration card.
I used to like living in California, but since its conversion to Kalifornistan I'm really starting to dislike it
EDIT:
Hey, I just noticed my original title was edited. I guess it was too F-bomb-ish for even our 'new and improved' free-speech-'o-fied forum..
But 'That Jerry Brown' quite frankly sounds ghey so I changed what I could, but this time I didn't say anything my grandmother wouldn't say

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm gonna seriously consider getting a buddy to split the cost of a six-hundred-gallon tank, and make bi-monthly runs to AZ for fuel.
Anybody know what the bio-fuel rating on our motor is?

Reactions: SigArms
#4 ·
Max of B20

Reactions: yokev
#5 · (Edited)
8.5269 x 600 = 5116.14 plus trailer weight, its definitely doable!

Edit: for us gallons = 7.1089 x 600= 4265.84 lbs

#9 ·
8.5269 x 600 = 5116.14 plus trailer weight, its definitely doable!
Not that it really matters but...

That would be if using imperial gallons = U.K.

A US gallon of diesel weighs 7.1089/gallon so 4,265.34 plus trailer weight so even more doable.

#7 ·
He's your elected official! What did you do to get the other guy elected? You folks in CA elect some of the whackiest people.

I live in CA many moons ago (never again!). Back then Senator Hiakawa proposed an additional $2 a gallon fuel tax. He actually said that rich people could afford it. And poor people didn't have cars, and it wouldn't matter to them.

#10 · (Edited)
'Wacky' is one thing, but we have a seriously corrupt state government.
There was one state congressman(or whatever the hell they call them) that was constantly going after AR's/AKs etc.
Turns out dude was running guns either to or from the Philippines, which brings me to good 'ole Diane Feinstein( of course from San Francisco)> We all know she's been going after firearms forever, but back in the '90s she Straw-purchased a weapon for her nephew(I wanna say)

#8 ·
CA, home of the tree hugger party...one party rule.

I am gone as soon as I get done with college...heading to AZ "free america".

#13 ·
Not sure but he was a big time anti gun CA Democrat and got busted running illegal guns (he is the definition of hypocrite)...he thought only the CA overlords are above the laws they write I guess...

#14 ·
California is it's OWN FAULT. Jerry Brown was TERRIBLE when he was voted in the FIRST time. Jerry Brown is even WORSE now and it BLOWS MY MIND that the majority of the liberal ASSHOLES don't EVER LEARN THEIR LESSON!

I mean, seriously, Californians (The liberal ones) are ******* STUPID!!!

You couldn't PAY ME to live their. Although beautiful, CA has the WORSE Taxes, GUN LAWS, police, HYPOCRITICAL politicians.... you NAME it. **** CA.

I don't feel sorry for ANYONE who chooses to live there. Forced to live there is another story....

#16 ·
Born and raised and California. Plan to be out within another couple years at most. Love the scenery and being close to a lot of entertainment but agree with you 100% on everything you said. Like I don't even disagree completely with some of the policies they have in place but they are just wayyy too extreme.
Diesel is usually a bit cheaper over here than gas but guess not anymore. Just more motivation to get out of this state

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#15 ·
California Legislature votes to raise gas taxes, vehicle fees by $5.2 billion a year for road repairs and transit - LA Times
That sonofabitch just raised the tax on diesel fuel ANOTHER 20c/gallon, plus a 12c increase on fuel across the board.
So starting next year we're gonna be paying another ******* THIRTY-TWO-CENTS a gallon on diesel fuel.
Can someone explain HOW the **** that piece of **** got elected AGAIN as governor?
He TOTALLY **** the bed his first time around back in the '70s, and IIRC some idiotic NoCal city elected him mayor, and he drove that place into the ground, again IIRC, getting himself fired in the process.
It's like the idiots in D.C. re-electing Marion Barry, even after he got popped for taking bribes-AND- smoking fricken crack cocaine on CAMERA.
There's never been a greater need for an IQ test to get your voter registration card.
I used to like living in California, but since its conversion to Kalifornistan I'm really starting to dislike it

Not quite right. Here are the details (which still suck don't get me wrong):

$24.4 billion by raising the gasoline excise taxes 12 cents per gallon, or 43 percent above the current rate of 27.8 cents starting Nov. 1.

- $7.3 billion by raising the current 16-cent-a-gallon diesel excise tax by 20 cents - a 125 percent increase starting Nov. 1.

- $3.5 billion by increasing the state diesel sales tax from 9 percent to 13 percent starting Nov. 1.
- An annual vehicle fee ranging from $25 for cars valued at under $5,000, to $175 for cars worth $60,000 or more
So it's a 24 cents a gallon increase for those of us who burn diesel. Not 32 cents a gallon. Plus, the extra per yearly fee of course.

#18 ·
People want free stuff and special treatment. My 1s quesion is always, where is the money? No money, Politics is all talk; salesmanship to high heavens. There is a mass migration from Illinois, New York and California. Asked one if them on a gas station, why they are leaving. The reply was, tired of been poor. Pleaces they are moving to name a few, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Colorado Springs and pretty much all major cities in Florida. While I was at the Caves of the Winds in Colorado. Our tour guide, she was pretty vocal about the taxation in Colorado Springs.

Well... Like the iron lady used to say.

And....

#20 ·
Brown, Pelosi, Feinstein. Even as far away as here in Canada we hate them. Gotta be some kind of a$$ h**e to have a reputation like that.

#34 · (Edited)
You forgot Elizabeth Warren... heck, is easier to mention the good ones, there are not many.

Taxes will rise and wages will perhaps freeze or dwindle. We are seen it right now. Retail Sector is dying, Malls are getting emptied. Traffic (were I live) is getting lighter (people loosing their jobs); work hours are getting cut instead of lay offs. The Stock Market is artificially propped up. Retirement Funds insolvent (CALPERS, Dallas Police/Firemen, Teamster Union Local 707, etc...), the Bond Market is about to come down. Wait until the Feds calls for Negative Inteterest (pay the bank for keeping your money).

Mark my words.... the Savior of the US Economy is another war.

People will forget all the bad things and concentrate their effort and attention on the war. I am retired military and I can tell you this. Forget about all the militaristic movies; they all are bullshit for entertainment. The Russians and Chinese they are not small fries. They have enough advanced weaponry to give us a huge run for the money (pun intended). The US never, ever been "attacked" and destroyed like Europe in WW1/2. 911 was just a bitch slap on the face compared to US against pretty much all. Wait for an ICBM from Russia to land on a major city/military base. People in the US does not know or faced adversity. The nicest people will be desperate and will do the wierdest thing for small things. I have seen war torned countries; is no joke, people parts laying around rotting away. The psycological impact will be huge and the US is not ready for it. .

All this economical crap is coming down from a screwed up Fed Reserve/Banking System and decades long of wasteful/corrupted administrations.

Time will tell.

#21 ·
These hikes CAN be overturned. They don't take effect until next fall. There is still time for people to get together and overturn this. I think I read that it takes 1 million signatures to get the opportunity to vote this down in November.

Reactions: yokev and lqdchkn
#22 · (Edited)
This is my stream of consciousness California story, with some bonus inflammatory political views thrown in at the end for your pleasure. Ya know, when a thread has "******* cocksucker" in it's title, it is gonna be a full steam ahead bare it all discussion :laugh:

Went to college in Ohio, graduated, worked some crappy jobs (it was 1985 then, economy sucked) got with my current employer in 1988 and took the opening in Southern CA as I am a motorcycle nut and had a hankering to experience CA.

Got to CA, lived with roommates, saved money, threw lots of keg parties, bought a boat with a buddy and went to the river every weekend we could. Rode our street bikes too fast, sometimes going past the cops at 150 plus, did wheelies past the cops on my XL600 dual sport and sometimes lane split on one wheel on the 405 freeway. Was a complete nut with no fear and a knack for getting away it seems. Did sell the 600 as that thing was going to land me bloody and unconscious in jail. It was a street legal dirt bike and begged to be ridden in a socially unacceptable fashion. I am weak that way.

Calmed down a little, met my wife and had 2 kids, bought a house in Long Beach in '95, sold it for 3x what I paid for it in '04 and moved to Colorado with a fat tax free wad of cash. You know what? For better or worse, there are a lot of former Californians here in Colorado who did the same thing, and they feel about CA like you and I do, and, big bonus, every one I have met here speaks English.

CA was extremely good to me, but like a vacuous and pretty party girl, she is to be had fun with and then tossed aside. Do not marry her as she can't ever be fixed. Sorry about your state brother. Seems I sucked all the life out of it and then skipped town. A few random and amusing pics, from back in those days :smile:

All kidding and youthful reveries aside, CA has major problems -massive numbers of the wrong people, who have no right to live there, have invaded our country and live in CA, and the government panders to them. The Democratic led CA government needs money to support all the illegals and moochers that form it's voter base, so they are taxing your fuel and everything else they can lay their hands on. God damn Feinstein and Boxer. I can't believe those bitches are still alive. What are they, 115 years old now? Abandon ship. That is my advice. I just hope that California does not take the rest of the country with it.

The media was shocked that Trump won. I was not surprised at all. The rest of America is tired of this ****. The voters are so tired of the direction we are headed, that they looked past the fact that he is a plutocrat with many serious faults, and elected Trump in a desperate Hail Mary to save the soul of our country as we know it. There is a large part of non coastal America that does not want to become California. Watching the liberals cry about Trump is good sport. Holy **** they are sore losers...

Attachments

#23 ·
You are all invited to come to Lafayette. We are the happiest city in America.
Our summers get a little warm and humid, but to compensate we have drive thru Daquiri's, housing thats still reasonable and Diesel that's 2.19 a gal.
Oh, and you can keep your guns. We don't need them, we have plenty!

1 more thing, bring some of that great Napa wine, I'm down to my last 15 bottles and Venge isn't scheduled too arrive or another month or so.

#24 ·
@yokev

Y'all have at least 1 good representative down there in Socal.

Check out Melissa Melendez's FB page. She's wicked awesome telling off these Liberals. :grin2:

She even posted like 6 Dem. Senator's contact info on her FB page the other day because of this so it was easy to call them and let them know your thoughts. I spent about 15min yesterday morning calling each one and leaving them awesome voicemails to make sure they have a good Monday >:)

#29 · (Edited)
Thanks man.
I'm gonna join in the festivities today

Not sure but he was a big time anti gun CA Democrat and got busted running illegal guns (he is the definition of hypocrite)...he thought only the CA overlords are above the laws they write I guess...
There seems to be a LOT of this going on in our glorious state
California is it's OWN FAULT. Jerry Brown was TERRIBLE when he was voted in the FIRST time. Jerry Brown is even WORSE now and it BLOWS MY MIND that the majority of the liberal ASSHOLES don't EVER LEARN THEIR LESSON!

I mean, seriously, Californians (The liberal ones) are ******* STUPID!!!

You couldn't PAY ME to live their. Although beautiful, CA has the WORSE Taxes, GUN LAWS, police, HYPOCRITICAL politicians.... you NAME it. **** CA.

I don't feel sorry for ANYONE who chooses to live there. Forced to live there is another story....
Unfortunately a LOT of us are in that boat. I'm pushing 50, and I've got one kid in her final year at Cal State Full., my middle is a senior in H.S., and my youngest is a sophomore, and then of course mine and my wife's jobs.
I was talking to a guy in Austin(TX.) last night, and he told me Californians are in max exodus there, San Antonio and Houston.
Never mind all the companies that Jerry and his comrades are chasing away. Toyota and its thousands of employees are leaving Torrance for Texas, and you know what California's response was? 'Don't let the door hit you in the ass'
As Jerry et al keeps spending(and stealing) more and more money, and keeps chasing away [long-time California] business(es), guess who keeps getting squeezed [more and more] to pick up the slack?

#46 ·
The property tax cap has a lot to do with it.
I'm sorry?
Where I live(Orange County), my property tax increases sometimes yearly. Magically the county feels your property is worth more than anyone will pay for it, and it increases in value more rapidly that the housing market.
Every tried to get 'em to re-asses? What a ******* joke.
Plus, there's different tax rates everywhere. 1.0, 1.1, heck. Norco is 1.7.
There's no cap on ANY taxes here

#61 ·
I'm sorry?
Where I live(Orange County), my property tax increases sometimes yearly. Magically the county feels your property is worth more than anyone will pay for it, and it increases in value more rapidly that the housing market.
Every tried to get 'em to re-asses? What a ******* joke.
Plus, there's different tax rates everywhere. 1.0, 1.1, heck. Norco is 1.7.
There's no cap on ANY taxes here
Yep, the only "cap" is it can't go up more than 2% A YEAR I think it is. But when you buy it gets set to your paying price. Lucky for me I'm assessed low so I'm ok for now.

I think it's prop 13

#25 ·
In the end the reality is...Brown (idiot comunist) REALLY wants his high speed (semi fast) train and this gives him a bunch of extra money so that he doesn't have to use general fund money for "road repair" (semi fast train).

Also, if/when trump cuts the fed funding to CA for insisting on being a sanctuary state for illegal alien criminals (refusing to hold criminal aliens when ICE requests so they can be picked up), the extra tax money will allow Brown to carry on with the free handouts to the masses, including illegal aliens.

The democrat party makes me sick.

#26 ·
Don't for get all the money Feinstein is getting from that stupid ass train.

No one seemed to publicize at the time that her husband was the CEO of a major corporate realestate company that was brokering all the land deals for the train. Talk about a conflict of interest in the tens of millions on her part. :serious:

Who the F wants to take a train trip that takes longer and cost more than a plane trip? I could see if the train had car carriers so at least you wouldn't have to rent a car when you got to your destination but nope, no car carriers so this is literally a solution that had no problem and just served to make the Rich Liberal Politicians richer. That train is totally going to turn out like the Simpsons Monorail.

#28 ·
Fuel taxes are high in California, but diesel has been getting a break on state taxes for a long time. The greater ncrease for diesel makes the rates more equitable. The new law will also tax electric cars, which currently do not pay road taxes. If there is an inequity, it seems to me it would be for diesel farm equipment which is not operated on the roads to any significant degree. I don't know if there is a way around that, but there ought to be.

#30 ·
If there is an inequity, it seems to me it would be for diesel farm equipment which is not operated on the roads to any significant degree. I don't know if there is a way around that, but there ought to be.
In most states there is off-road diesel for agricultural use that does not include road tax. It is dyed red so it looks different from road diesel and you cannot hide it if you use it.

#31 ·
600 gal you will be a "Bulk" carrier[actually anything over 1000 lbs] & you will need a Hazardous Transportation license, DOT registration, Hazardous transportation Liability Insurance, Hazardous Driver License, Yearly Urinalysis, yearly vehicle inspection, mandatory stop at every CHP weigh station, Hazardous Placards on 4 sides of your vehicle, fire extinguisher on vehicle, Mandatory Vehicle Log book, Walk around Vehicle inspection before every trip. No Smoking in cab of vehicle.

#36 ·
Actually at 100 gallons for diesel/kerosene/fuel oil is the limit for hazmat, other fuels/substances hit their limits at different quantities. Anything over that and placards/hazmat regulations come into play, I just took my re-certification last year... >:)

#32 ·
I calculated my annual expense. It's gonna be expensive. I can probably absorb it. I drive 24k miles a year and figure I'm in for about $400 more annually with the vehicle license fees increase. Now I have 5 vehicles that I'm still responsible for (1 toy car, 1 wife, 2 kids). I will adjust accordingly as I plot my escape from this wasteland.

That being said. . . and I lean more to the conservative side of the line. The interesting thing about this whole charade is the people that the Democrats claim to be the champion for. . . just got screwed by the very politicians they continue to elect. I hope they're paying attention. This TAX and FEE will hit them one hell of a lot harder than it will hurt me and the upper 50% of the income earners in this state.

So the Dems got them $15/hour minimum wage hike. . . now they're going to take that money away in Taxes, Fees, and Cost of Living increases (food and other goods) due to this tax. . . Maybe this will wake them up. . . Nah! That would require becoming educated on what is happening to them.

"Hey the water is nice. . . come on in!" Said the Frog.

#38 ·
Agreed! I just don't understand the majority of the voters here. It's like they are just plain crazy! Shoot these people in CA like to vote themselves new taxes and vote away their freedoms. Absolutely nuts! The only thing Ca will do with more money is find new ways to piss in down the drain. I am certain of this because I worked for the government my whole life and watched it happen. All the lazy asses I worked with didn't help either. Instead of firing them they just hire more....The government way. I guess with the new tax money they can hire more guys to stand around on the freeway watching the private sector do their work for them....:(

#49 · (Edited)
Prop 13 froze prop tax values in what...1979?
My grandparents had it, but most people don't.
As far as its 'future' effects, as I wrote in my earlier post the government gets around it simply re-assessing your property regularly and increasing its value.
On top of that, the lib-tards keep passing bond after bond that raises it-Norco is the highest I've seen at 1.7%
When FDR enacted Social Security it was and was to forever be a STAND-ALONE fund.
JFK ended that when he raided it to pay for.......THE ******* PEACE CORPS! So not only did he STEAL our retirement money, he took it to give to OTHER ******* COUNTRIES!
He of course wasn't the last. It's been further raided by at least Clinton since then.
Anyway, my point here is that our government (fed and state) has proven to wipe its ass with our laws(Obama and his appointees loved to wipe their collective asses with the Constitution), and we haven't done a thing about it
As much as I love Cali, it is time to move. Soo much corruption, overpopulation, sales tax, property tax and now fuel tax. When does it ever stop, never, it will continue to grow worse. I will looking at Cali on my rear view in 2 months.
I envy you man, I REALLY do

Reactions: brobox
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.