Group buy on BMS catch cans for the diesel - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 211Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Group buy on BMS catch cans for the diesel

With all the talk about catch cans, we finally got a killer deal offered to us. I want to give the shout-outs where warranted here.
@Fasted58 brought to light for us the BMS catch can for BMW diesels. It's a great designed can and has large ports for our trucks.
@mrpositraction inquired with BMS about a can only without the bracket and hoses that we wouldn't need since they were BMW specific and got offered a great deal of $120 for just the can.
@hacklerjason collected enough interest on Facebook to approach BMS about a group buy and to get it up on their site with a link just for us to get that deal and it's now live.

They don't normally offer this option and you can't search for it on their website, so we definitely appreciate BMS getting it online for us to purchase a great can at a great price, as well as the three guys mentioned above for their roles in bringing this to light and their efforts to make it happen.

So, without further wasted words, you can buy it here: Untitled Document

mexica, dmaxjr, RandyNC and 4 others like this.

2016 CCSB Duramax

Last edited by onebaddz; 04-26-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaddz View Post
With all the talk about catch cans, we finally got a killer deal offered to us. I want to give the shout-outs where warranted here.
@Fasted58 brought to light for us the BMS catch can for BMW diesels. It's a great designed can and has large ports for our trucks.
@mrpositraction inquired with BMS about a can only without the bracket and hoses that we wouldn't need since they were BMW specific and got offered a great deal of $120 for just the can.
@hacklerjason collected enough interest on Facebook to approach BMS about a group buy and to get it up on their site with a link just for us to get that deal and it's now live.

They don't normally offer this option and you can't search for it on their website, so we definitely appreciate them getting it online for us to purchase a great can at a great price

So, without further wasted words, you can buy it here: Untitled Document

Let's not forgot the obligatories....

CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ARE EXCLUDED AND WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PURCHASE

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
onebaddz likes this.

Last edited by hacklerjason; 04-26-2017 at 06:30 PM.
post #3 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM

Also it's not really a group buy as we aren't getting the quantity discounts I was looking to get. He wanted me to buy I'm for 2500 and become a vendor to get the deep discounts... Being that I'm obviously not going down that road, this is where we're at. The large number of us is what I binged them to make a special product page that isn't available outside the link. You said it, the link points to a product that cannot be found by searching. Basically, we saved them time and emails about buying just the can only, so they created a product page to facilitate that...

onebaddz and Fasted58 like this.

post #4 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
Also it's not really a group buy as we aren't getting the quantity discounts I was looking to get. He wanted me to buy I'm for 2500 and become a vendor to get the deep discounts... Being that I'm obviously not going down that road, this is where we're at. The large number of us is what I binged them to make a special product page that isn't available outside the link. You said it, the link points to a product that cannot be found by searching. Basically, we saved them time and emails about buying just the can only, so they created a product page to facilitate that...

It's not a group buy in that we have to buy all together, but it is a "just for this group" buy .

They did at least set us up with special pricing on a modified kit to meet our needs, which is awesome. Taking off $59 to remove a bracket and couple hoses is a good deal.
lqdchkn, RandyNC and hacklerjason like this.

2016 CCSB Duramax

post #5 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaddz View Post
It's not a group buy in that we have to buy all together, but it is a "just for this group" buy .

They did at least set us up with special pricing on a modified kit to meet our needs, which is awesome. Taking off $59 to remove a bracket and couple hoses is a good deal.
Yea I find it hard to believe that a simple bracket and a couple hoses are damn near 60 bucks... But that's what it is I guess

post #6 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 08:17 PM

When will the offer end guys? I'm about to swap jobs possibly so I'm waiting on a vacation check.

2016 Z71 Midnight Edition Colorado w/ Duramax and Bose/Nav.
post #7 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16_MidnightRider View Post
When will the offer end guys? I'm about to swap jobs possibly so I'm waiting on a vacation check.
No expiration spoken of... Again, I don't think it's promotionally priced, I think it's more of making a custom option that isn't available to anybody except us guys

post #8 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 08:46 PM

I've only had my mini max since December. Have people been reporting a lot of oil consumption? Those who have installed one have they reported improve turbo lag? I would be down if there is a need since I plan on putting 150k or more on her in the next 6 years.
post #9 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F View Post
I've only had my mini max since December. Have people been reporting a lot of oil consumption? Those who have installed one have they reported improve turbo lag? I would be down if there is a need since I plan on putting 150k or more on her in the next 6 years.
You'll want that oil out of your intake... Period...

post #10 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
You'll want that oil out of your intake... Period...

I get that. Any downside? Why don't manufacturers use these? Do they void the warranty?
post #11 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben F View Post
I get that. Any downside? Why don't manufacturers use these? Do they void the warranty?
The cost vs potential benefit doesn't sit well with corporate bean counters... Warranty should remain intact as you are not changing anything mechanical about the engine, and you aren't requiring a retune to use this but I'm not the guy to consult on the matter. My warranty was shot months ago lol

Ben F and mrpositraction like this.
post #12 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:23 PM

So what are the advantages of this as compared to the Provent (besides save me money)? That seems to be the reigning AOS champ.
post #13 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:24 PM

Ygpm
post #14 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM

Choose Your Catch Can

This is the alternative that I plan on using. I used it on my boosted C7 and it worked great intercepting dry sump oil burps and aeration from high rpm.

2016 Colorado CCLB Z71 Duramax

Current mods:
GM offroad step bars
GM rear seat cover
GM Splash guards (front/rear)
Black Bowties (front/rear)
Thule Roof Rack/Roof Basket
ARE V series camper (headliner/12v outlets/LED Dome)
BMS catch can
PRO-FAB intake

Waiting for install:
AFE 3" turboback
AFE intercooler piping
OZ tuner EGR delete
OZ tuner Autocal
OZ tuner DSP4 switch
post #15 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:32 PM

I am ready to purchases one,can anyone give me an idea of which hose to splice into & where to mount the can? pictures would help a lot.
post #16 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1KWinner View Post
I am ready to purchases one,can anyone give me an idea of which hose to splice into & where to mount the can? pictures would help a lot.
Look at my hard intake tube, there is a fitting on the side that is smaller, and has a fitting going in to it, with a hose going into he fitting. The electrical connector on the back supplies current to run the PCV heater, and the hose connecting to it is where you install your catch can. You choose your own location, and cut it. Run both of the cut sides to the catch can, respective of the inlet and the outlet

post #17 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuramaxTrailboss View Post
Choose Your Catch Can

This is the alternative that I plan on using. I used it on my boosted C7 and it worked great intercepting dry sump oil burps and aeration from high rpm.
Those all appear to have insufficient port sizes for turbo diesel application... If it works for you right on

post #18 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:00 PM

hacklerjason likes this.
post #19 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:39 PM

BMS is a great company. I was a reseller/vendor of theirs when I had my BMW shop few years back. Solid products, great prices and outstanding support. I'll be picking one of these catch cans up soon. Thanks guys!
hacklerjason likes this.
post #20 of 188 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
Ygpm
Do I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode