SuperSkidz Differential Skidz Plate 2nd Gen GMT700 2015+ Colorado & Canyon Trucks - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:20 PM

Garage
OK, with all these comments about the front and diff skid overlap at the mounting point, I went to the garage this morning, loosening the bolts at the rear of the diff skid, and removed the front skid entirely. Then I loosened the OEM plate that includes the mounting nuts for the two front skids, and found the plate could be moved back a little better than 1/16" (the mounting holes are slightly oversize). This allowed the diff skid to move back a similar amount, so it now clears the OEM plate's mounting bolt heads that I mentioned in my earlier post. In the photo below, you can see my front skid now overlaps the diff skid, and certainly does look better, especially with the lighter aluminum finish. That OEM plate has a tight roll just aft of the cross member, with the diff skid wrapping tightly around that roll, and limiting it's movement but adding strength.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000121.jpg (267.0 KB, 285 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsd90 View Post
OK, with all these comments about the front and diff skid overlap at the mounting point, I went to the garage this morning, loosening the bolts at the rear of the diff skid, and removed the front skid entirely. Then I loosened the OEM plate that includes the mounting nuts for the two front skids, and found the plate could be moved back a little better than 1/16" (the mounting holes are slightly oversize). This allowed the diff skid to move back a similar amount, so it now clears the OEM plate's mounting bolt heads that I mentioned in my earlier post. In the photo below, you can see my front skid now overlaps the diff skid, and certainly does look better, especially with the lighter aluminum finish. That OEM plate has a tight roll just aft of the cross member, with the diff skid wrapping tightly around that roll, and limiting it's movement but adding strength.

Thanks. That helps my OCD
supermodulation and edsd90 like this.

2016 Brownstone Duramax Z71 View My Build

N00bs click here for free help

PS: All my posted photos are dead because PhotoBucket sucks. If you need a pic restored PM me a link to the post and Ill fix it.
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Any ETA on the gas tank skid?

post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 11:46 AM

PM'd James and he confirmed the Xfer skid is ready.

PS: All my posted photos are dead because PhotoBucket sucks. If you need a pic restored PM me a link to the post and Ill fix it.
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Administrator

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantkl View Post
Any ETA on the gas tank skid?
Ready!
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 02:50 PM

how much for the gas tank and transfer case skidz if I already have the other skidz?

2016 Z71 CCSB I4 2.8L BabyMax, 265/70R17 Wildpeak Falken AT3W's, Super Skidz full skid package

post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7224 View Post
how much for the gas tank and transfer case skidz if I already have the other skidz?
Fuel Tank skidz is being designed and should be ready in about 30 to 60 days.

#4 Transfercase Reverse skidz is $255 includes shipping.
PAYPAL 1auction@optonline.net

Thanks
James
doc7224 likes this.
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Let me know when the Tank skid is ready
gwhipp likes this.

2016 Z71 V6 4x4, Eibach Adjustable Front shock and rear Shocks, 265x70x17 Michelin MS2, Weather Tech floor mats, Weather Tech Mud Flaps, Home link garage Door opener, Fumoto F107N Oil Drain Plug, 126126 BAKFlip FiberMax Cover, Nfab Side Steps, Front & Back Black Bow Tie Emblem, Pop&Lock, Rally Strips. SuperSkidz Front, Differential and oil pan Skidz Plate, Diablo inTune i2
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Xfer skid came today
supermodulation and goleee33 like this.

post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
Xfer skid came today

Mine too! Going to put it on once I get home! Going to bash it this weekend!
supermodulation likes this.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
Mine too! Going to put it on once I get home! Going to bash it this weekend!
Prolly get mine done this weekend. I have all the others to add at the same time too
supermodulation likes this.

post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:15 PM

So i went to get my skids on today and found that the oil drain plug access panel on the diff. skid don't line up on my diesel. Long story short I bought these end of last year and never installed but i messaged James to see if there was a design change or some thing.

I wasn't expecting a response till Monday but James called me back (on Saturday 😳) and we found out that that i had the Gas skid rather than the Diesel skid. Without even asking he offered to send me the proper skid 😀

This is way above and beyond as i was just expecting after all this time that would have to "deal with it", not that it wouldn't work just be a bit annoying. Can not be happier i'm using these with customer support like this.

Many thanks James 👍

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode