My Rig - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 388Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 376 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewabbs View Post

Its scary, even the 265s were needed to be cut:
http://coloradofans.com/forums/193-t...completed.html
I'm guessing the cut was required due to the extra 25%? travel the suspension provided...

Tell ya what...if these tires rub I'll seriously consider some hockey pucks
drewabbs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 376 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 01:40 PM

Whereabouts in Ontario are ya? Those hydro lines look like somewhere around Kanata!

2015 Red Rock Metallic Crew Cab Short Box Colorado LT 4x4
Spare Wheel/Air Dam/Badge Delete
265/65R18 Wrangler Duratracs
Rhino Lining
Stubby Jr.
Tint
post #23 of 376 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks View Post
Whereabouts in Ontario are ya? Those hydro lines look like somewhere around Kanata!
I live south of Kemptville...those hydro lines are off of the 511 near Calabogie

post #24 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

K&N CAI showed up today.
Friday I drop the truck off to have a Borla muffler installed and a set of Duratracs installed. I decided on a 255 75 17. 32 inch diameter and same width as stock tires. Also have a one inch spacers on order from Borla to give the truck a wider stance and Potentially alleviate any rubbing the tires may produce. Worst scenario is some wheel well massaging, hopefully not required though.

Exciting week ahead for my rig :)
post #25 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Borla muffler installed. Stoked it's not stupid loud. Gives the truck a nice sound. Cruising down the highway there is barely a difference. 3000 rpm and up and there is definitely a sound difference. No drone.

Tires installed, no notable rubbing. I am very surprised how quiet the Duratracs are. The increase in size is great and makes the truck look like a truck.

Pouring rain outside so no photos today.

K&N will be installed when I get a chance this weekend.

Still waiting on the 1 inch wheel spacers and an led light bar for the front grill.

Ordered a set of led roof light bar mounts from Addictive Desert Designs. I'll modify them to fit, then intend to add a curved 42 inch bar on the roof.

Still debating a tonneau cover with a rack above it (for spare tire, traction ramps, shovel, etc) versus a cab high topper with a rack on the top (means spare will get mounted to the floor of the box...and roof cage would be used for lighter stuff like recovery gear).

Drivers side rear axle seal is leaking, so it heads to the dealer Thursday. Oil change an alignment and a few odds and ends will also be done.

11, 300 km on the truck now.

Hoping to give it a decent shake down run in a couple of weeks on a 2-3 day offroad run.
Eric Ramirez likes this.

Last edited by deadly99; 06-12-2015 at 04:52 PM.
post #26 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Light bar mounts arrived from Addictive Desert Designs. Looks like a 48 inch curved bar should fit with almost zero fabrication involved.

gmduran1 likes this.
post #27 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Had the truck at the dealers yeterday. Alignment done, drivers rear door handle wouldnt quite close with a push...they ordered, painted and installed a new one. Rear drivers side exle seal was leaking, ordered and installed a new one. First oil change done at 13, 000 km, some trim was lose and replacement were ordered. Small stuff but annoying...at least the dealership is cool about it.

Put some 1 inch wheel spacers on it. Partly to alleviate some small rubbing the new wheels were doing and partly to give it a more aggressive stance. Turned out I had to cut about 1cm of off the lug nuts.

post #28 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Installed a K&N cai this morning. Certainly gave it some sound...much louder than I was expecting. I'll run it for a couple of weeks before I make the final verdict on whether it stays in. Might be just in my head but it seems like it made the throttle a bit more responsive.

post #29 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Was out running some trails yesterday. I think the cai is to loud for my tastes (for sale if anyone wants one...my lose is your gain).

post #30 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 09:53 AM

Any chance we could get a video with the sound of the CAI? I am interested in one, and I don't mind a little noise, but I don't want obnoxiously loud.
post #31 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Dan, I already took it off. There is certainly an increase in engine sound and a nice sound on heavy acceleration. My wife...well....she called me an idiot and said no way :)

Shoot me a message if you want it, I'll give you a good deal on it. Used for less than 80 miles.
post #32 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 02:04 PM

I appreciate the gesture, but I can't do it right now. Too many irons in the fire.
post #33 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

After much internal debate about what to do for storage I settled on this solution. Price was right and it is easily removed within 5 minutes leaving me to use the truck bed for motorbikes and whatnot. Each solution I looked at had pros and cons. Some were the price, others were practicality, etc.

TexazReece and PleaseAdvise like this.
post #34 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-25-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
After much internal debate about what to do for storage I settled on this solution. Price was right and it is easily removed within 5 minutes leaving me to use the truck bed for motorbikes and whatnot. Each solution I looked at had pros and cons. Some were the price, others were practicality, etc.

What did you use to attach the cross rails for the gear basket? I am looking to do the same thing but also able to accommodate a folding tonneau cover like the BakFlip G2. Of course I got to get the truck first, LOL.
post #35 of 376 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 PM

Awesome truck man. Looking to go a similar route with my mods... Adding fender flares, tires and maybe the zone body lift to make a 2.75" with the leveling I already have on. Debating between 265 70s with my level or 285 70 / 255 75 with the combo kit.

Can you post a link to the exhaust? Video perhaps??

Why do you recommend not getting the body lift to do the 2.75" combo kit by zone?

Last edited by smc333; 06-30-2015 at 10:56 PM.
post #36 of 376 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckpls? View Post
What did you use to attach the cross rails for the gear basket? I am looking to do the same thing but also able to accommodate a folding tonneau cover like the BakFlip G2. Of course I got to get the truck first, LOL.
Yakima but they won't work with a tonneau due to the way they clamp to the bed rails. There are solutions out there that offer a tonneau with cross rails

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc333 View Post
Awesome truck man. Looking to go a similar route with my mods... Adding fender flares, tires and maybe the zone body lift to make a 2.75" with the leveling I already have on. Debating between 265 70s with my level or 285 70 / 255 75 with the combo kit.

Can you post a link to the exhaust? Video perhaps??

Why do you recommend not getting the body lift to do the 2.75" combo kit by zone?
I've never been a fan of body lifts, that being said I just ordered a body lift from RC in an attempt to eliminate all rubbing. My tires rub in reverse while close to full turning.

Waiting to install the RC lightbar for when I do the body lift as both modifications require removing the front fender flares (new tape).
post #37 of 376 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

New stuff

post #38 of 376 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:28 AM

Garage
Best thread I've seen on the forum so far! I'm living vicariously through your expeditions!
All that mud makes me cringe. lol

2015 GMC Canyon V6 SLT 4x4 CC SB. BLACK
post #39 of 376 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:46 AM

Great work.

Now all I need you to do is simple:

1. Clean truck,
2. Go mudding like the picture earlier.
3. Take pics of mud on side of truck.
4. Clean truck again.
5. Install those Weathertech mud flaps, front & rear.
6. Go mudding again.
7. Take pics.
8. Post both sets of pics, before & after the Weathertech mud flaps.

I would really like some simple camping option, but if I installed the tent above my bed like you did, I would roll out of the tent one morning and fall 4 feet and break some of these old bones of mine.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
post #40 of 376 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Great work.

Now all I need you to do is simple:

1. Clean truck,
2. Go mudding like the picture earlier.
3. Take pics of mud on side of truck.
4. Clean truck again.
5. Install those Weathertech mud flaps, front & rear.
6. Go mudding again.
7. Take pics.
8. Post both sets of pics, before & after the Weathertech mud flaps.

I would really like some simple camping option, but if I installed the tent above my bed like you did, I would roll out of the tent one morning and fall 4 feet and break some of these old bones of mine.
With the tires I have I can't imagine there is room in the wheel well for mud flaps. As for falling out, well you'd likely only do that once
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode