---Numero Deuce--- - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blev2922 View Post
Id love to know who in the H3ll you are talking to at these companies to get you the Sponsorships? Id love to see what kind of sly wording you spit to them lmao bc I want in hahahah!
All of my original sponsorships were because I had my truck in a booth at SEMA last year. The new/continued sponsorships were because of my active presence here on the forum and on social media... as well as the photography that I provide for the companies to use (not your regular cellphone pics lol). Also, the Colorado/Canyon market is still young and new..... not many people are willing/able to do these over-the-top builds that require some heavy modifications. Most people just stick with your out-of-the-box wheel/tire fitments coupled with a leveling kit and call it a day. There's nothing wrong with that, but that's not what companies want to use to showcase their products.

People think that having a partnership with a company is just about throwing on some decals and getting free stuff. It's not like that... at all. Especially if you want to keep those partnerships. I've seen many of companies pull their sponsorships because the individuals weren't actively representing the brand in a positive light, or providing the proper feedback to the company or to potential customers. You're basically an employee of the company and need to promote it as such!

On a different note: got the wheels and tires mounted up and installed! Needless to say.... I'm now having to "make them fit"
Still got a good bit of work to do to complete this "makeover".... but this was definitely the biggest hurdle, considering I had no idea what I was getting into when I decided to run this big of a wheel/tire setup. But, I don't mind a challenge and the outcome was definitely worth it! Better pics to come once Hurricane Matthew decides to stop beating up ol' SC!

Proper way to trim fenders... pull them off the truck!

Still got some work to do on making these fender flares work...

Dmax16 likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |
| BDS-SUSPENSIONS | KILLERWAXX SOCAL |
| LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS | RHINO-RACK |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4
BDS Suspensions 7" lift | 22x12 -44 Grid Off-Road GD-4
325/50/22 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro

Last edited by Tilley; 10-08-2016 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Garage
I like your set up it looks good I want to do a 5.5 zone off road kit on are 2016 GMC Canyon duramax my buddy is a american force wheel dealer he's gonna hook me up on some wheels.We want to run 22x10 polished wheels +25 offset not sure on style yet and I was thinking about 305/45/22 nitto terra grappler g2 tires I think it will hopefully clear.

2016 black GMC Canyon 2.8 duramax long bed 4x4
Ready lift 2" leveling kit
18x9 black/machined moto metal 970's
275/65/18 nitto terra grappler g2
N-FAB steps
Gen5diy daytime running light disable harness
Morimoto 6500k HIDS 35w ballast canbus harness
Limo tinted
EFI live tuning by Aaron at all In truck performance
TCM tuning by Aaron at all in truck performance
Custom 3" exhaust

More to come soon....
post #43 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax_canyon View Post
I like your set up it looks good I want to do a 5.5 zone off road kit on are 2016 GMC Canyon duramax my buddy is a american force wheel dealer he's gonna hook me up on some wheels.We want to run 22x10 polished wheels +25 offset not sure on style yet and I was thinking about 305/45/22 nitto terra grappler g2 tires I think it will hopefully clear.
I'm not sure you'll be able to fit a 10" wide wheel with a +25.... I foresee you hitting the front calipers. My last setup was a 20x10 -25 and I had maybe a half inch between the spoke and caliper..... so you're +25 will be sitting another 2" inwards than my setup. And in my personal opinion, why go with a custom wheel and choose a wheel that will sit sunken into the fenders like the OEM wheels do? I'd at least do a +0 offset.

Here's a pic of my 20x10 -25 to show you how they sat with the fender:

BD3 by J Tilley, on Flickr

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #44 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I think we'll name him "BRUTUS"

new1 by J Tilley, on Flickr

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #45 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:32 PM

I'm pretty excited to see how this shapes up. Loved your other build.

Are you still running a trifecta tune? I am leaning towards livernois, but trifecta is much more affordable here in Canada. I'm just afraid of the comments about it being a bull in a china shop tune.

Last edited by GeeBus; 10-09-2016 at 06:40 PM.
post #46 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
I'm not sure you'll be able to fit a 10" wide wheel with a +25.... I foresee you hitting the front calipers. My last setup was a 20x10 -25 and I had maybe a half inch between the spoke and caliper..... so you're +25 will be sitting another 2" inwards than my setup. And in my personal opinion, why go with a custom wheel and choose a wheel that will sit sunken into the fenders like the OEM wheels do? I'd at least do a +0 offset.

Here's a pic of my 20x10 -25 to show you how they sat with the fender:

BD3 by J Tilley, on Flickr
I can't remember what the offset was it might have been a -25 then you can order just about any offset I don't want to have to cut the truck all up to fit wheels my buddy will call his guy at american force to make sure we get the right offset.Im gonna go with 22x10 I'd like to do 24x10 but they don't build the wheels that narrow in that size smallest size is 24x11 I think it will look good on polished wheels on a black truck.

2016 black GMC Canyon 2.8 duramax long bed 4x4
Ready lift 2" leveling kit
18x9 black/machined moto metal 970's
275/65/18 nitto terra grappler g2
N-FAB steps
Gen5diy daytime running light disable harness
Morimoto 6500k HIDS 35w ballast canbus harness
Limo tinted
EFI live tuning by Aaron at all In truck performance
TCM tuning by Aaron at all in truck performance
Custom 3" exhaust

More to come soon....
post #47 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeBus View Post

Are you still running a trifecta tune? I am leaning towards livernois, but trifecta is much more affordable here in Canada. I'm just afraid of the comments about it being a bull in a china shop tune.

I've only used the Livernois tune. The tune is awesome, and I love their customer service... you can actually CALL them if needed, something I heard that you can't do with Trifecta.

Quote:
I can't remember what the offset was it might have been a -25 then you can order just about any offset I don't want to have to cut the truck all up to fit wheels my buddy will call his guy at american force to make sure we get the right offset.Im gonna go with 22x10 I'd like to do 24x10 but they don't build the wheels that narrow in that size smallest size is 24x11 I think it will look good on polished wheels on a black truck.

American Force isn't gonna tell you the "right" offset, because there is no "right" or "wrong" offset lol It's all about how YOU want your truck to look. If you're worried about trimming, you just need to watch your tire size. Certain widths and super aggressive negative offsets will yield a higher chance of rubbing... but if you're just doing a +0 to -25 offset, just watch your tire size.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #48 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
new3 by J Tilley, on Flickr
Jack Wagon likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #49 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
Quote:

I've only used the Livernois tune. The tune is awesome, and I love their customer service... you can actually CALL them if needed, something I heard that you can't do with Trifecta.

Quote:

American Force isn't gonna tell you the "right" offset, because there is no "right" or "wrong" offset lol It's all about how YOU want your truck to look. If you're worried about trimming, you just need to watch your tire size. Certain widths and super aggressive negative offsets will yield a higher chance of rubbing... but if you're just doing a +0 to -25 offset, just watch your tire size.
Awesome. I thought I had read somewhere you were on trifecta. I'll keep saving my pennies.
post #50 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Awesome. I thought I had read somewhere you were on trifecta. I'll keep saving my pennies.

When I was in the planning stages of the SEMA build, I may have mentioned going through them. But that was pre "me doing my homework" on and deciding to go with Livernois. You won't be disappointed! I'm actually about to email them to see if they can send me a tune update to compensate for these 35's!

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #51 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:28 AM

Looks good Tilley. How much does the lift affect the driving dynamics verses the stock setup?
post #52 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe View Post
Looks good Tilley. How much does the lift affect the driving dynamics verses the stock setup?

There's not really a way to answer that... I mean, obviously it has a higher center of gravity, and heavier wheels/tires lol But I've been driving my truck like this for so long now, I don't even remember how it rode when it was stock! I've got 22k miles on the truck, and my lift was originally installed at about 8k miles

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #53 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 06:08 AM

Looks great! So do you think it's the new height, width, offset, or all 3 that's dictating the new trimming? Maybe you could highlight some of your problem areas for us? Thanks!
post #54 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjdeerslayer37 View Post
Looks great! So do you think it's the new height, width, offset, or all 3 that's dictating the new trimming? Maybe you could highlight some of your problem areas for us? Thanks!
Width and offset are definitely the culprits. Front and rear lower edges of the fender, fender liner, body mount, pinch weld behind the fender liner...
Basically, if you're not ready to bust out the angle grinder and dremel.... I'd go with a more "conservative fitment".

There are 2 Rockstar Garage Colorado's that are running 37's... and after getting my 35's to fit, I have no idea how they managed to do it!!

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #55 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:11 PM

Yeah I've seen them, nuts! Thanks for the help, just wondering what it might take to fit a 35/12.5. 20x9" -21 wheel after adapters, still on the fence about the whole setup, but I'm prepared to do some trimming lol.
Tilley likes this.
post #56 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Does the front end (steering) manage those tires alright? Does the feel like it needs regearing?

I have been debating trimming/rolling and 35's.....

Thanks in advance
post #57 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
DI went oes the front end (steering) manage those tires alright? Does the feel like it needs regearing?

I have been debating trimming/rolling and 35's.....

Thanks in advance
I went into it expecting the worst... for it to be a huge difference from 33's. But to be completely honest, it's really not that noticeable! I was kind of in disbelief at first lol I'm still planning on getting 4.10 gears as soon as they're available though... I'd like for it to accelerate like it was stock and regain some MPG's.

New pic as well!

DSC_6043 by J Tilley, on Flickr
deadly99 and MolonLabe like this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #58 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 04:32 PM

Those Grid GD-4's look great.

What finish are they?

Are those the Matte Black with the machined edge?
post #59 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwhitey View Post
Those Grid GD-4's look great.

What finish are they?

Are those the Matte Black with the machined edge?

It's the Graphite with machined. I will be getting them painted within the next couple of weeks though

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #60 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Finally home after being gone for a month.... time to continue on with the makeover!

Colorado Stance by J Tilley, on Flickr
zorty, Binkers78 and jamesb93612 like this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode