---Numero Deuce--- - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
---Numero Deuce---

I've started removing some things, and ordering new things, so I figured it was time to start a 2nd build thread for the new look. I've had a couple of sponsors stay onboard to help out with the makeover:

DPR Off-Road has a couple new wheel designs coming out shortly, so I will be sporting a set of those. Of course I will not be doing the standard black finish on them lol I'll be ordering a new color from Prismatic Powders... but as of now, it's undecided as to which color. Maybe a blue... maybe a berry... maybe a copper/gold...

Baja Designs will be contributing some of their industry-leading lights that will be attached to a custom fabbed push-style bar.... more to come on that. They've also released a direct replacement fog light kit that uses a custom mount that will hold their Squadron Sport or Pro series lights. Make sure to check those out on their website!

BDS was kind enough to hook me up with one of their sister company's (Zone) 1.5" body lift to make way for the new tire size: 325/50/22 (That equates to about a 35x13.5x22). I know I'll catch some heat over that, buuuut... I don't care

I plan on trying to team up with companies that have new products coming out as well.... but since I'm not going to SEMA this year, we'll have to see how that plays out.

I think I had a pretty good run with the "REPTAR" look. I still haven't seen another Colorado/Canyon that looked even remotely close to it... which is what I like! Huge thanks to all the sponsors that helped out with that! I'll be adding pictures/updates as the makeover kicks off.

RIP, REPTAR! lol

DSC_4359 by J Tilley, on Flickr

Colorado12 by J Tilley, on Flickr

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |
| BDS-SUSPENSIONS | KILLERWAXX SOCAL |
| LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS | RHINO-RACK |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4
BDS Suspensions 7" lift | 22x12 -44 Grid Off-Road GD-4
325/50/22 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Possible wheel color options.... Quite the array lol

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 07:55 AM

Big wheels and skinny tires....bro....
markpetersonii likes this.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 08:10 AM

I think the last gold on there would like really good and tie into the bow ties, kinda keep that theme going would be cool!

2016 Canyon All Terrain V6
Morimoto HID 35w 5500k + Morimoto LED Fogs
Trifecta Tune
Fox 2.0 coilovers and shocks
265/70/17 BFG KO2 All Terrains
Bakflip F1 tonneau cover
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
Big wheels and skinny tires....bro....

A 13.5" wide tire is skinny?! Well my current 12.5's must be anorexic... so at least I'm moving up! haha
deadly99 and Blev2922 like this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-10-2016, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
A 13.5" wide tire is skinny?! Well my current 12.5's must be anorexic... so at least I'm moving up! haha
22 inch rims makes for a low pro (aka skinny) tire....was what I was meaning...aka bro truck ;)
ocnblu likes this.
post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
22 inch rims makes for a low pro (aka skinny) tire....was what I was meaning...aka bro truck ;)

Ohhh.... I've never heard anyone refer to a tire as "skinny" based off the sidewall height lol But regardless, my current 33x12.5x20 has a sidewall height of 6.50", and the 325/50/22 has a 6.40" sidewall..... won't even be noticeable to the naked eye
deadly99 likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got some new stuff installed! Baja Designs as a direct replacement fog light kit for us and they made it easy with direct bolt up, plug-and-play and it uses the factory fog light switch. You can use their Squadron Pro or Squadron Sport LED pods with these mounts, which put out 4,300 and 1,800 lumens, respectively. They also offer clear lenses instead of the yellow... but, Baja Designs knows that some people want function over form, and everyone knows that yellow cuts through fog a lot better than white light!

On to the pics!

BD1 by J Tilley, on Flickr

I still need to get them aligned properly, but I kinda ran out of time lol

BD2 by J Tilley, on Flickr

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Are they comparable to the stock light's brightness and/or DOT approved? Basically seeing if these can be considered fog light replacements or offroad light?

Thanks

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules

Last edited by Arctic Cat ZRT; 09-14-2016 at 12:51 PM.
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:04 PM

Garage
As usual, great taste in your builds. Love that amber fog setup.

Does one need to buy their Fog Pocket kit (SKU 447582)?

As for the lights, in the Squadron Sport LED, is that a direct swap for factory fog light pocket?

PIAA 1702 Low Beam
30in Cree LED Light Bar - Single Row
Rough Country 30" LED Hidden Bumper Mounts
Innovative Creations LED Light Bar locking kit
Thule Bed Rider 822XTR bicycle rack
K&N Blackhawk Induction Air Intake System
SpinTech Cat-back Exhaust
VMAX Motorsports CNC ported throttle body
Pro Clip iPhone 6 custom mount
Kicker Hideaway
Fox 2.5 Factory Series Reservoir - DSC Adjuster
Fox 2.5 Factory Series Coil-Over Reservoir - DSC
ROCKSTAR Matte Black/Nitto Terra Grappler
post #11 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
Are they comparable to the stock light's brightness and/or DOT approved? Basically seeing if these can be considered fog light replacements or offroad light?

Thanks
These are not DOT approved. The Squadron Sport in wide cornering is their most "street friendly" light and pattern combo. It's up to the driver's discretion when used on the road around other traffic. According to BD, the sport's will be 3x the usable light over OEM and PRO would be at least 5x. I will be testing these out tonight to see how they do vs. OEM. After running some of their other products, I'm sure the 3x performance over OEM will more than likely be true! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dono1 View Post
As usual, great taste in your builds. Love that amber fog setup.

Does one need to buy their Fog Pocket kit (SKU 447582)?

As for the lights, in the Squadron Sport LED, is that a direct swap for factory fog light pocket?
Thanks! If you want to run these lights in the fog pockets, then you will need to purchase the BD mounts (447582). For this, the Squadron-R series will provide the best fitment, as the standard square Squadron won't be as clean. Feel free to call Bailey at Baja Designs with any questions at 800-422-5292 ext. 114, or email him at: bailey@bajadesigns.com . He's helped me with my kits and will provide a discount if you mention my Colorado
yaryarrr likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #12 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
These are not DOT approved. The Squadron Sport in wide cornering is their most "street friendly" light and pattern combo. It's up to the driver's discretion when used on the road around other traffic. According to BD, the sport's will be 3x the usable light over OEM and PRO would be at least 5x. I will be testing these out tonight to see how they do vs. OEM. After running some of their other products, I'm sure the 3x performance over OEM will more than likely be true! haha

Thanks! If you want to run these lights in the fog pockets, then you will need to purchase the BD mounts (447582). For this, the Squadron-R series will provide the best fitment, as the standard square Squadron won't be as clean. Feel free to call Bailey at Baja Designs with any questions at 800-422-5292 ext. 114, or email him at: bailey@bajadesigns.com . He's helped me with my kits and will provide a discount if you mention my Colorado
Gottca thanks for the info, after taking a browse on their site, I kinda answered my own question too. I'd be interested to see how they do! They are a bit pricey for me as well at this point.

Thanks

2015 Colorado Red Rock Metallic CC Long Bed Z71 4x4
-Mods So Far: Rally Armor UR Plus Flaps, Yellow Tinted Fog Lights, Access Vanish Cover, Linex, EGR Matte Black Wind Deflectors, P3 Brake Controller, MBRP Stainless Steel Cat-Back, Anzo LED Tail-lights, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB w/3' Firestik, Falken ATw3 Wildpeak 265/65R17 tires

Self Diagnosed RC Car/Truck Addict

Site Rules
post #13 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
Gottca thanks for the info, after taking a browse on their site, I kinda answered my own question too. I'd be interested to see how they do! They are a bit pricey for me as well at this point.

Thanks

Give Bailey a call and see what he can do for you! Just make sure to mention my truck and that you're a forum member. And I can assure that BD's quality is worth every penny... these things are built to last!

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #14 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Got some new stuff installed! Baja Designs as a direct replacement fog light kit for us and they made it easy with direct bolt up, plug-and-play and it uses the factory fog light switch. You can use their Squadron Pro or Squadron Sport LED pods with these mounts, which put out 4,300 and 1,800 lumens, respectively. They also offer clear lenses instead of the yellow... but, Baja Designs knows that some people want function over form, and everyone knows that yellow cuts through fog a lot better than white light!
Yea, but you still gotta turn them on every single time you need them with that stupid spring loaded switch assembly. Can Baja fix THAT? :)
post #15 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNC View Post
Yea, but you still gotta turn them on every single time you need them with that stupid spring loaded switch assembly. Can Baja fix THAT? :)

Turning on the fog-lights is just a push of a button.... but I don't know of anyone that makes a kit so that they're always on. I guess you could run your own switch for these if you wanted to though. Then you could have it so that as soon as the truck has power, the fogs come on.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNC View Post
I wonder if the Silverado mod would work on the Colorado?
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...ith-High-Beams

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Is there even cutoff built into those? Not really sure how well they'll work as fogs if they scatter light vertically the same as they do horizontally like a normal "spot/flood"
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lqdchkn View Post
Is there even cutoff built into those? Not really sure how well they'll work as fogs if they scatter light vertically the same as they do horizontally like a normal "spot/flood"
Compared to an HID in a projector, no lol I don't think I've ever seen any fog with a clean cutoff, to be honest. BD lenses use vertical cutouts to to evenly disperse the light. Aiming them more downward (as you're supposed to) also helps keep the light where it should be. Here's a pic with just the fogs on:

Bailout likes this.

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
And, just because lol

BD4 by J Tilley, on Flickr

-SPONSORS-
| BAJA DESIGNS |

2015 Colorado Z71 4x4

Last edited by Tilley; 09-16-2016 at 02:01 PM.
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 03:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
(That equates to about a 35x13.5x22).
**** that's a lotta fricken tire man. I imagine that's one of the reasons why you're adding a body lift, but still, that's a lotta tire.
I think we have the same flares(EGR?). You gonna push out your wheels further to accommodate the 13.5" width, or are you thinking you'll be fine running the way it is?
As far as getting flack for running 22s(I'm assuming that's what you're talking about?), I'd usually be the first in line to throw the poo, but naw man...it's a show(case) truck
You gotta run the edge-of-the-spectrum stuff man. Not to mention it's your truck, not anybody else's. You gotta run what makes you happy. Besides, being different is what fuels change. It's all good
I only throw poo at people when they try to tell everyone what they're running is the 'best', and everyone else is subpar for not being like them

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17

Last edited by yokev; 09-15-2016 at 03:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode