Carolina Canyon - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Hobbesjr
  • 1 Post By Hobbesjr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Carolina Canyon

Hey guys, first thread i've made on here although i've surfed through countless pages of threads. All the information on here is a gold mine, it's really helped me figure out what I want/can do to my truck. So I got a 2016 base model 4 cylinder canyon after selling my lowered 5speed lancer, quite the change. I got the truck mainly to take my dirt bike to and from tracks/parks, so I didn't need the v6 for towing a trailer. Anyway on to the pics.

Here she is the next day after I got her, took the front air dam off that day.

Next I blacked out the GMC logos

I don't have a picture but next thing was to paint match the door handles, I ended up ordering a set from a sierra but they turned out to be the Triple white diamond color so I had to scuff them and paint them myself.

Next thing was to lift it. I did a 2.5" Autospring leveling kit, and 1.5" Zone body lift. Did them both in one weekend unfortunately I don't have any better pictures. These pictures were taken on a slanted driveway so it looks front end high. Also bought some 2" hubcentric spacers just to help the stance in the meantime.

So then I went rim shopping, as you guys know finding a 6x120 pattern wheel isn't easy. So i was browsing the interwebs and came across this site wheels for less. Got a killer deal on a set of 20x10 XD trap's in PVD finish.

So I had to test fit them while I was waiting for tires to show up, this is with the 2" spacers too.

So then I started tire shopping, was looking for lightweight AT tire and found the General Grabber at2 to be exactly what i was looking for. Got em in 305/50/20. Discount tire dropped the ball on shipping and it took almost a week but they knocked the price down because of it.

And yes they rub like crazy, this is with the 2" spacers though so this weekend i think Ill try the fit without em. I'd rather keep them on cause I like the stance but its just not practical, I can only get a quarter turn before they rub on the front bumper. You can see it's already destroying my bumper.

The blue tape is where i'm going to try and trim a notch out if I have to, but the idea of cutting into my brand new truck's fender is alarming to say the least.

And here is my other baby, she may be old but she still pulls.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 07:57 PM

Garage
Wow - looks great, give you credit for trying 305's, going to take a lot of work to make them fit. Love the wheels, so tired of black!

2015 Z71Cyber grey 2 Wheel Drive Crew Cab Long bed
Diablosport Trinity T1000 Tuner | Trail Boss Wheels l Duratrac 265/65/17 l Eibach Fronts (2.0") / Rear Shocks l Swaybar reloc brckt l End links l Peragon Bed Cover | K&N Drop in Air Filter | 30% Ceramic Tints | AVS Hood Deflector / Visors | Weathertec Front /Rear Mud Flaps | OEM FLARES l Carbon fiber Vinyl Bow Tie | OEM Bed Liner | OEM Tow Hitch | N Fab Steps | OEM Z71 Floor Mats
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Senior Administrator

Garage
Congrats and Welcome to Cfans.

I love these posts, you don't screw around and get right to the modding.

Great transformation! Looking BadAss

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Garage
Man the truck looks sick lifted with those wheels!!

And +1 on the black wheels , loving the look on the white especially

2015 GMC Canyon CCSB SLT Leather, Nav, Bose, Remote start, 4x4 3.6L V6, Tint, Vent shades, HID LB, LED Fogs,
2000 Camaro SS
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol

1999 Bobcat 751 Skidsteer
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 06:57 AM

305 is a big ole tire for these trucks without a big ole lift. If you check out @houseofdiesel he had 35s fitting and even 37s stuffed into a canyon with some genius body work. May be worth looking up his build for ideas. Either way nice looking truck, hope you can get it to work

2016 Canyon All Terrain V6
Morimoto HID 35w 5500k + Morimoto LED Fogs
Trifecta Tune
Fox 2.0 coilovers and shocks
265/70/17 BFG KO2 All Terrains
Bakflip F1 tonneau cover
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:42 AM

Did you ever get the clearance straight?

[/IMG]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmax16 View Post
Did you ever get the clearance straight?
Kinda. I took an angle grinder to the underside of my fenders and made some room, still rubs way too much. I think I'm going to order some 1.25 bora spacers and hope that the .75 inch difference is enough to pull the tires inside the rub points on the fenders. I'll try and post some pictures this weekend.

I did grab this photo at my uncles farm last weekend. Wish it weren't so dirty tho.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
JBT and Dmax16 like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Small update. Got the front windows tinted yesterday, and a 5% strip across the windshield. I had em matched to the rear windows, looks like 18% is a pretty good match.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
JBT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode