Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Project: Vader Edition

9K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Kurt Hasseler 
#1 ·
A big thanks to everyone here for help and inspiration on my build...

2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab
Zone Offroad 5.5" Lift
Grid GD-4 Wheels (Black) 20x10 w/ 0 offset
Zitto Terra Grappler G2 285/55-20
Front wind foil removed
Front bumper guard swapped from chrome to black (OEM part)
Window trim swapped from chrome to black (OEM parts)
Front window ceramic tint
Reflex Spray In Bed Linder
Truxedo Lo Pro Bed Cover
LED Headlights and Fogs added
Stubby Jr Antenna
Sticker kit (eBay) to cover front grill chrome in black
GMC B&W American Flag sticker from DeVries Signs (Etsy store)
De-badged doors and tailgate

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks great! I especially like that I can't see any chrome lol.

#6 ·
How'd you get rid of the chrome on the bottom of the front bumper?

#7 ·
Plan to do any red accenting? Perhaps the calipers, or tow hooks.

#13 ·
The cool thing about GRID is your installer can order the wheels custom machined. They have wheel "blanks" on a shelf that they just pull and machine them to order. This is great for our Colorado/Canyons since they're kind of unique in their wheel setup. My wheels were machined to a "0" offset.

The other cool thing they do is machine the caliper clearance too! This way I didn't have to run any spacers.

#9 ·
Thanks guys!!

The chrome piece on the front bumper was replaced with a black version that I bought from my local GMC Parts dealer. It was pricey and they labor wasn't cheap either, but it really bugged me.

I hadn't thought about red accenting but that's a cool idea...time to research new tow hooks on here! :)

I'm no expert, but I don't think I'm running any spacers...I'll ask my installer

#10 ·
Is 22891734 the correct part number for the black bumper insert? I also have an All-Terrain Canyon and can't stand the chrome piece. Do you know exactly what the install entailed (remove entire bumper cover, break any clips, etc)?

#11 ·
Never been a fan of black vehicles but that is one hell of a Canyon! Nice work! I want some of those GMC stickers for mine now! Have a link perhaps??

#15 ·
I'm a big fan of "All Black" rigs but they have to be done tastefully. And yours checks all the right boxes.

I love your wheels and I love that you took out all of the badging-I left my tailgate badge but painted it OEM black. Personally I think the door badging is excessive.

One of the other things I did was to get a cat back exhaust (Spintech in my case) but make the exhaust tip larger then what it came with. I ended up getting an after market tip at my local muffler shop and spraying it with a high heat tolerant flat matte paint. Came out great and it seamlessly blends with the all black look I was achieving.

But nicely done man!

#17 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Yes, I'm running stock...no tune.

It drives really nice. I mean, it's a big truck lifted, and I'm used to SUV's and sedans, but it's not bad. I'm still getting used to the performance of a truck. Not setting any speed records. haha

#24 ·
Thanks! Awesome build. Love the all black. Not to encroach, just my two cents, have you thought about blacking out the head/tail lights? That would complete the look.

EFFIGY
2015 Canyon CC AT SB Onyx Black

#26 · (Edited)
There used to be a guy on here that sells a film that you apply to the tail lights. $50 for the kit I think.

I've not seen the headlights done yet that I can think of. But I think the same guy may have sold those too.

Edit found him it's @Acar7145

EFFIGY
2015 Canyon CC AT SB Onyx Black

#27 ·
Hey guys! thanks for the mention. pm me what you need!

been out the blog for a while... since for no reason my post was taken down and was a little disappointed after than.. but if you're interested, just pm me with what you need. thinking of making a post again..since i see of you guys still need some stuff.

#31 ·
the tab trimming is honestly about 1 minute worth of just cutting them short and then it fits. its dark but im sure if you swop out the bulbs with something stronger it will work ( im not a bulb guy so take my word for salt). im amazed to heard that canyons come with black fog accents instead of chrome. wouldn't chrome be more of a luxury look at most GMC go for? thats pretty interesting. ill have to be on the look out for canyon fog light housings. your truck is inspiring me to do the same. i love the look. keep modding, and keep posting pics!

#32 ·
the tab trimming is honestly about 1 minute worth of just cutting them short and then it fits. its dark but im sure if you swop out the bulbs with something stronger it will work ( im not a bulb guy so take my word for salt).
You can't just change them out for a brighter set the same way you can with the stock lights. The ANZO uses circuit boards for the LEDs, so to make it brighter, you need to replace the circuit boards. Not easy to do. Not worth the effort.

im amazed to heard that canyons come with black fog accents instead of chrome. wouldn't chrome be more of a luxury look at most GMC go for? thats pretty interesting. ill have to be on the look out for canyon fog light housings. your truck is inspiring me to do the same. i love the look. keep modding, and keep posting pics!
Although a lot of things work for both the Colorado and Canyon, the fog light surrounds will not. Take a look at pictures of Canyon fog lights and then go out to your Colorado and compare. They aren't even close. The parts will not swap over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.