Project Snow - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Doc George Send a message via MSN to Doc George
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacedtight28 View Post
Nice truck. Was there any issues installing the LEDs in your headlights? I just purchased a pair of Anzos and it looks like the bulbs are wired internally and not able to be unplugged and replaced.
I just installed a set of Anzo headlights and was able to change all the bulbs out for LEDs fairly easily. All the wiring was removable, once you unscrew the protective waterproof housing for each light. Which might be why it looks like all the wiring is internal. The only problem i had was the hole the projector bulbs slide into was a little small for the LEDs i used, and had to unscrew the plastic top on the LED to get it in there. Other than that it was super easy to change out the bulbs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to BaznastyDave Send a message via MSN to BaznastyDave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacedtight28 View Post
Nice truck. Was there any issues installing the LEDs in your headlights? I just purchased a pair of Anzos and it looks like the bulbs are wired internally and not able to be unplugged and replaced.
I had to cut out spots to fit the fans on the LED bulbs, i swapped the red and brown wires, ran a separate relay off the fuse box, and put in a switch, & re-wired the fogs. The factory fog light harness is just tapped up, nothing is connected to it.

Everything was custom, it wasn't easy enough to just do a simple write up.

As soon as the truck is cranked the fog's and led bars are on as daytime running lights. These are also on a switch so i can turn them on/off at will, since they are also on a relay they automatically turn off with the ignition in case i forget to turn the switch off.

The low beams automatically tun on at dusk by the daylight sensor

The led light in the bumper is wired on a relay off the high beams so when the high beams are switched on all 7 lights are lit. It's BRIGHT
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaznastyDave View Post
I had to cut out spots to fit the fans on the LED bulbs, i swapped the red and brown wires, ran a separate relay off the fuse box, and put in a switch, & re-wired the fogs. The factory fog light harness is just tapped up, nothing is connected to it.

Everything was custom, it wasn't easy enough to just do a simple write up.

As soon as the truck is cranked the fog's and led bars are on as daytime running lights. These are also on a switch so i can turn them on/off at will, since they are also on a relay they automatically turn off with the ignition in case i forget to turn the switch off.

The low beams automatically tun on at dusk by the daylight sensor

The led light in the bumper is wired on a relay off the high beams so when the high beams are switched on all 7 lights are lit. It's BRIGHT
I think this deserves a "How To" write up

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 12:05 AM

grill

Where did you get the custom grill?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode