My 2017 Canyon SLT - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alabiker
  • 1 Post By haulingnothing
  • 1 Post By Duken4evr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

My 2017 Canyon SLT

Probably shouldn't put this in this thread because I'm not going to add much except eye candy at this time. This is going to be more of a poser truck. I don't need any serious changes because this thing ain't going off-road unless I fall asleep at the wheel.

I had the dealer add the spray-in bedliner and the towing package.

I dropped my three day old truck off at a custom truck place this morning to add:

Bushwacker fender flares matte black with bolt-on look.

Extang Trifecta 2.0 soft folding tonneau

NFab nerf steps in matte black, 6 step type (thanks @Toughsox).

Husky X-Act Contour floor mats front and back.

Bug shield for hood.

Window rain guards.

Some "before" pictures leaving it at the shop.

And, that used up all of my truck money for now. Will one day have to tackle the sound system because I can't hear the sound out of the rear speakers. Maybe that'll go on my Christmas wish list.

Will post "after" pics in the next couple of days.
Toughsox likes this.

Last edited by Alabiker; 04-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:48 AM

You are adding Bushwacker fender flares, without adding wider tires, offset wheels, or wheel spacers?

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
You are adding Bushwacker fender flares, without adding wider tires, offset wheels, or wheel spacers?
My first thought as well, he's going to want something to fill up those flares.

OP, don't worry about adding off-road stuff you won't use. Lots of guys just want the tough look and never actually use it. Nothing wrong with that.
Rogue01 likes this.

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:08 AM

Garage
Beautiful truck, congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Not adding them for function but for looks. And I already admitted that it was going to be a poser truck. And they will be there if I ever do anything with the wheels or tires.

It's been almost 30 years since I bought a new truck and I want this one to look just like I want. Hopefully it will be the last I ever buy.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabiker View Post
Not adding them for function but for looks. And I already admitted that it was going to be a poser truck. And they will be there if I ever do anything with the wheels or tires.

It's been almost 30 years since I bought a new truck and I want this one to look just like I want. Hopefully it will be the last I ever buy.

Their point about the flairs is not for function but for looks.

Larger flairs often will make the tires look odds being in too far or too small for the truck. Looks are a very important part of being a poser and this may mess up you plan.

You might hold off on the flairs till you can afford the tires and wheels to make it look right.

The key to get posing right is to get the look right. You get it wrong you just look like someone that made a mistake.

I would contact the installer ASAP and talk about this. If you are not changing the wheels make sure the flairs you have fit the look and wheels well. If not then you may want to reconsider them.

That is all they are saying.

Most people doing them for function do not care how they look.

Last edited by hyperv6; 04-20-2017 at 12:43 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:09 PM

Hi Alabiker,

Congratulations on your new purchase! We wanted to let you know that our team is always here to assist forum members with any questions or concerns they may have, so feel free to reach out to us any time. If interested, Id be more than happy to send you your trucks build sheet. To proceed, please send us private message with your VIN and email. Hope to hear from you soon!

To learn more about GMs privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Bret B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
Their point about the flairs is not for function but for looks.

Larger flairs often will make the tires look odds being in too far or too small for the truck. Looks are a very important part of being a poser and this may mess up you plan.

You might hold off on the flairs till you can afford the tires and wheels to make it look right.

The key to get posing right is to get the look right. You get it wrong you just look like someone that made a mistake.

I would contact the installer ASAP and talk about this. If you are not changing the wheels make sure the flairs you have fit the look and wheels well. If not then you may want to reconsider them.

That is all they are saying.

Most people doing them for function do not care how they look.

Oops, too late. They just called and the truck is ready. I will know in just a little bit how bad I might have screwed up.

I really didn't think it out real well. I just walked around the shop picking out things I wanted, but I have been reading the forum for a while. Just didn't get 4 when I added 2 and 2.

We'll see soon.

Thanks for the input and comments y'all.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabiker View Post
Oops, too late. They just called and the truck is ready. I will know in just a little bit how bad I might have screwed up.

I really didn't think it out real well. I just walked around the shop picking out things I wanted, but I have been reading the forum for a while. Just didn't get 4 when I added 2 and 2.

We'll see soon.

Thanks for the input and comments y'all.

Good Luck. It may look ok if not you can always do the wheels and tires to get it to where you want it. Nothing can be fixed in some way.

The real key is are you happy with it.

By the way great choice on the color. I picked out the same color for my Canyon.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

It will be awhile before I build up some bankroll so will have to live with whatever it looks like. I am sure it won't be awful. I love almost everything about this truck so far so it can't be too bad.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

My 2017 Canyon SLT

Picked it up and love everything about it. The top of the wheel wells do look kinda empty but I will get used to that. Or not.

The Husky floor mats are perfect. Complete coverage and only a little bend in the rear. Will lay it out in the sun if it doesn't settle down.

Driving this baby makes me feel like I'm in some kind of paradise.

John

Last edited by Alabiker; 04-20-2017 at 03:32 PM.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:51 PM

Looks good.

Not bad with these wheels and you have room for larger if you choose later.

The husky liners look like the GM liners in how they overlap the step plate.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:38 PM

I think those flares look GREAT !!! And the steps definitely look like they belong on your truck with the color you have.

CONGRATS on your new ride and wishing you many happy miles.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Garage
Damn this looks sick!!

2016 Colorado WT Crew Cab 2.5L
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 PM

Looks Great!!!!

2016 Colorado Z71 | 4WD | CC | SB | Duramax | Cyber Grey | Nav | Bose | Remote Start | Linex Spay In bed Liner | 3in GM black Assist steps| JDMaster G2 LED lowbeams |Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover |Upgrades planned: 1.25" zone Level lift or Eilbach pro struts, 255/70/17 Wildpeak AT3W tires, RC 20in LED Light Strip, Bed extender, Window Tint
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 PM

Nice truck, love the color, and think the flares look fine.

I waffled on getting the V6 or the diesel and waffled on quartz red or the bronze alloy. I waffled so damn much, I was ready to buy stock in Aunt Jemima pancake syrup products. Wound up with the diesel and the bronze

I tinted my front windows at 30%, which is slightly lighter than the factory rear tint (which I think are 27%), but not dramatically so, and they are a "legal" tint. That is a good mod for you to consider to complete the look. Only cost me $115 too.

Enjoy your new ride!
DemetrioGQ likes this.

'17 Canyon SLT CCLB 4X4 Diesel, Bronze Alloy, Cocoa/Dune interior. Line-x.

Last edited by Duken4evr; 04-20-2017 at 06:18 PM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Nice truck, love the color, and think the flares look fine.

I waffled on getting the V6 or the diesel and waffled on quartz red or the bronze alloy. I waffled so damn much, I was ready to buy stock in Aunt Jemima pancake syrup products. Wound up with the diesel and the bronze

I tinted my front windows at 30%, which is slightly lighter than the factory rear tint (which I think are 27%), but not dramatically so, and they are a "legal" tint. That is a good mod for you to consider to complete the look. Only cost me $115 too.

Enjoy your new ride!

Yeah, will definitely look at tinting. Told the wife I was through for a while so will have to slip that by her.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:33 PM

Garage
Are the rain guards mounted in the inside track or mounted to the window frame ? I'm looking for some that just attach to the door itself not in the track and haven't found any yet. They do look good but I want the ones that drop below the mirror to reduce the wind noise. But for now I'd use the ones you have and wait till the newer ones come out . Nice truck !! I got the 2017 Canyon Denali and adding things as I go . I love my Tonneau Extang Tri fold locking cover as I travel allot. I'm new at this so I'll try to attach a picture of my RIDE !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00735.jpg (189.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00729.jpg (213.4 KB, 34 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode