ClaysandBirds: Good question; I had the same. I went with the classic because the frame is bigger and I fully expect to be adding more stuff to it; possible extra fuel/water. Sorry for the delay positing pictures; I'm traveling with work this week but will post pics when I get home. Here are some brief comments so far:
- Dealing directly with Wilco Offroad has been a pleasure; very quick responses to my queries and other comments.
- Fabrication quality is excellent; really clean welds, good paint, good quality components.
- Packaging was interesting; the big parts are wrapped in plastic film, placed in a cardboard box and then several large blobs of quick-set foam are sprayed around the box to hold the pieces in place and stop them banging around during transport. It works.
- The instructions are not very good but frankly they don't need to be as the assembly is pretty simple. The only issue I had was with alignment of the hitch pin holes after torquing the wedge; as the wedge is tightened it pulls the tube forward and up a little; it's really easy to compensate for the forward movement, just start a little further out, but the upwards movement was enough to make it hard to fit my pin. I had to tap it in with a mallet.
- The licence plate relocation kit was a breeze; I simply connected the live wire to my original right side licence plate lamp then removed the old bulbs. I will make a close-out panel for the old licence plate location (big hole behind the OEM plate location) using a spare license plate frame and a piece of plastic cut the same size as a plate.
- My only comment regarding improvement of design (so far) is regarding securing the swing arm when the thing is open. There is a pin to hold it shut but when open, it will freely swing all the way out to the right side of the truck. Parked on the flat this is no biggie but if the truck is leaning to the right and that thing swings when loaded with a tire, it could hit someone or maybe stress the hinge point. My old Hummer had a locking arrangement to prevent free movement of the swing arm when open.
I'm still waiting for my full-size spare wheel to arrive; it's been three weeks now.
Rick 2016 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab, long bed
BDS 5.5" lift, Fuel Vector 20x9 rims, Toyo Open Country AT II Extreme 305/55R20 tires
Bushwacker pocket fender flares
Wilco Offroad Classic Hitchgate
ARE CX HD cap and HD cross bars
Rhino Rack Pioneer platform (49" x 76")