Tylerrankin90's 2016 CCLB Z71
A little about me first,
My name is Tyler and I am active duty in the Army. I have been in for almost 9 years now. I am currently deployed for the 3rd time. I really enjoy my job and being in the military. The job has its ups and downs, but you will find that anywhere. I am glad that I found this site, it is a wealth of knowledge. I hope to contribute as much as I can.
I have had my truck since January of 2016. I have pretty much been lurking since then. I haven't really been posting anything, just trying to learn as much as I can about our platform, the pitfalls to avoid, etc. I haven't really done much to the truck as of yet, but that should be changing soon. As stated earlier, I am currently deployed and I am scheduled to get home soonish, so I am ordering parts for when I get home.
This is my first 4x4 truck, so I am learning a lot along the way. I would love to build this thing to be able to tackle anything, but unfortunately, if I am being honest I am much too practical (fiscally responsible) for that. This is my daily driver and I am just not going to be doing any crazy offroading/rock crawling with a brand new truck. I just want something that is going to be more functional for me and my family when we decide to go camping, hunting, and driving on the beach.
- 2016 Chevy Colorado Long Bed Z71
- Summit White
- 3.6L V6
- No Stock Nav/Bose
- Truxedo LoPro QT tonneau cover
- Black Bullet spray in bed liner
- Husky Liner X-Act Contour front and back molded floor liners
- Either Eibach or Bilstein RHA shocks for a 2" level up front
- 1"-1.25" Add-a-leaf in the rear
- 1.25" body lift (only if I really need it for clearance issues)
- Titanium Method grids 17"x8.5"
- Falken Wildpeak A/T3 265/70-17 or I might be brave and try to fit the 285/70-17's, but most likely the former.
- Light bar in the grill or the hood mounted light pods (not sure yet)
- Rhino roof rack (I am planning on getting a couple kayaks this summer as well as one of those 90* awnings) I chose rhino because they give a military discount.
- Side steps. Most likely going to go with the Star Armor Side steps
- Front Skid Plate
- Darker tint this summer.
- I am also considering Katzkin or some other aftermarket leather seating in the future. I like the idea of a dark brown like in the king ranch trucks, but I am unsure of how that would look with all of the gray and black in the cab. I would probably end up going with a dark gray.
That is all that I can think of right now. Unfortunately, I don't really have any pictures right now but when I get home I will make sure to upload some. I look forward to hearing your feedback on what I have chosen.
Thanks for taking a look,
- 2016 CC LB Colorado
- Z71 4x4
- 3.6L V6
- Summit White
- Truxedo soft bed cover
- Bullet bed liner
- Basically stock right now
Last edited by Tylerrankin90; 05-02-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Reason: Forgot to add a few things