44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:49 PM

Garage
Get it dirty!!!
Binkers78 and nhoggard like this.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoggard View Post
Ha! It was a lot of monnies, but after checking with our service department to make sure it would fit, I just ordered a Rough Country 2" level kit.

Also, I have a friend who does professional machining. He is going to try and make the roof rack and lightbar from the ZH2 for me. Then all I will have to do is order 3 of the 8" RC Black Series LED bars.

I'd certainly be down for a light bar on the roof too!
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
Yes, they did.

I wonder if the dealer could update a 2017 Z71 with the software to include that.

2017 Summit White Colorado Z71
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
Eibach Pro
Zone Offroad 1.5" BL
Icon Swaybar Reloc.
Autosprings Diff. Drop
Swaybar Endlinks
Fuel Vectors 17" (custom painted matte gray)
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/17 E-load
Blackoak 30" curved LED
RC mounting brackets
Rigid Industries Security Hardware Kit
Powdercoated Tow hooks
Illuminated Front Emblem // Black Rear Emblem
Tyger Armor Star Armor Side Step/Nerf Bars
Amerex B417 Fire Extinguisher

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 10:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bee View Post
I wonder if the dealer could update a 2017 Z71 with the software to include that.
It's more than just programming. You would need to get whatever attitude sensor the ZR2 uses to read out the angles.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 11:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
It's more than just programming. You would need to get whatever attitude sensor the ZR2 uses to read out the angles.
The Android Torque app has pitch and roll display using the phone sensors...

2017 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 Midnight Edition
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1 View Post
The Android Torque app has pitch and roll display using the phone sensors...
Of course it does, because most phones already contain accelerometers needed for the app to read orientations. It's not reading anything from the truck for that function, its the phone using its own equipment adding information to the app display. I doubt the Z71 has them to utilize the programming, unless they use some other method, but it would be a nice add in.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Of course it does, because most phones already contain accelerometers needed for the app to read orientations. It's not reading anything from the truck for that function, its the phone using its own equipment adding information to the app display. I doubt the Z71 has them to utilize the programming, unless they use some other method, but it would be a nice add in.

While I'm sure the truck has accelerometers for safety and data recording along with other sensors for this but it's probably just not programmed to work. GM has never been one to be able to retrofit older models with new features. Or any manufacturer for that matter.
RatRacer likes this.

NEW TRUCK
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
5inch CST lift
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
While I'm sure the truck has accelerometers for safety and data recording along with other sensors for this but it's probably just not programmed to work. GM has never been one to be able to retrofit older models with new features. Or any manufacturer for that matter.
..except for Tesla..
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Well, this sucks. They must have just added it, but Rough Country now has in the product description that the 2" level kit will not fit the ZR2. I sent them an email, and they have no plans of making a kit for the ZR2.

New truck:
2017 Colorado ZR2

Parts ordered:
2" Rough Country leveling kit

Parts to come:
Soft Topper
Custom ZH2 lightbar
30" lightbar for under the grill

Old truck:
2016 Colorado Trailboss
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Well, this sucks. They must have just added it, but Rough Country now has in the product description that the 2" level kit will not fit the ZR2. I sent them an email, and they have no plans of making a kit for the ZR2.
why lift the ZR2? It's already lifted, and its already proved to be very capable offroad.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Its the damn rake that GM feels the need to put on every truck. I was kinda just hoping to level it out. Maybe Pro-comp will make one in the future, but right now, no one has one.
blakey42 likes this.

New truck:
2017 Colorado ZR2

Parts ordered:
2" Rough Country leveling kit

Parts to come:
Soft Topper
Custom ZH2 lightbar
30" lightbar for under the grill

Old truck:
2016 Colorado Trailboss
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
So, I'll get some better pics tomorrow, but I did a thing today.

I traded in my 16 Trailboss for a 17 ZR2 that rolled of the truck yesterday. Im too busy grinning ear to ear right now, but i will post more pictures and details tomorrow.

I tried searching "ZR2 sliders" and came up short but can anyone come up with the part number for the sliders on the ZR2. I originally was going to make the ones that were on the concept trailboss 3.0 but I think I like the ZR2 ones better. Depending on cost of course.

2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Duramax Diesel
Summit White Crew Cab
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Its the damn rake that GM feels the need to put on every truck. I was kinda just hoping to level it out. Maybe Pro-comp will make one in the future, but right now, no one has one.
What does the rear suspension look like? Is there a block under the leaf, or is the leaf "taller" than the regular Colorado?
If there's a block, remove it. If it's a taller leaf, trade with a regular Colorado owner to get the shorter one.

I think the reason the suspension lift spacer doesn't work is that the multimatic DSSV shocks probably mount differently. That, or the CV angles would be too extreme with the added height. As much as it sucks to "drop" a ZR2, if you want it level, this may be the way to do it.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
What does the rear suspension look like? Is there a block under the leaf, or is the leaf "taller" than the regular Colorado?
If there's a block, remove it. If it's a taller leaf, trade with a regular Colorado owner to get the shorter one.

I think the reason the suspension lift spacer doesn't work is that the multimatic DSSV shocks probably mount differently. That, or the CV angles would be too extreme with the added height. As much as it sucks to "drop" a ZR2, if you want it level, this may be the way to do it.

They do use a block to lift the rear. I'm sure someone will make a lift. Even the raptor has a leveling kit for it

NEW TRUCK

OLD TRUCK
5inch CST lift
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:

You can not lower the truck without changing the function of the shock if you look at how it works. It's position sensitive not velocity sensitive like most.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Anyone see this video:

https://youtu.be/_hVOEvd0yZw
RatRacer likes this.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old Today, 12:53 AM

Smile Glad to connect with another ZR2 owner

nHoggard, I too just bought a ZR2, have had it 2 weeks now. I posted a review in the owner review section, I am copying it below. Lets keep in touch!

Bought my ZR2 2 weeks ago. Been pretty happy with it, except for one thing - the engine seems a little sluggish to me, especially at speeds over 40-50 mph. I was probably spoiled by my previous vehicle, a 2000 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7L V8. My solution has been to limit the gear to 5 in town and to 6 occasionally on the highway.

I did replace the rock rails with chevrolet's off road steps, sinc my family was complaining loudly about the step in height. I don't plan to do any serious rock crawling, so hopefully that will be ok.

there are also a few tech goodies that this truck lacks, like lane departure warning, collision avoidance, or active park assist, but those are not a big deal to me. One thing I would be interested in would be a surround view camera system, and I am looking into an aftermarket system for that.

Would love to hear other owner's thoughts!
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old Today, 08:47 AM

Nice double whammy video!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old Today, 10:22 AM

Quote:

Cv angles are OK till about 2.5 to 3 inch spacers in the front. The zr2 only needs about 1.5 to 2 inch block to level.

Now saying that. Since it's lifted 2 inch from factory did they adjust the cvs or leave them stock like a z71. If so then a level kit (2inch) would actually be raising the front 4 inches overall which would cause Cv issues.

Don't worry someone will be a test subject soon.

soon to be ZR2 owner
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old Today, 11:03 AM

So the front is a little rake that's why you need the leveling kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode