• 1 Post By Buckland
  • 1 Post By goleee33
  • 1 Post By k7tnt
  • 1 Post By mhr900ss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
NEW Off-Road Section Announcement!

With the input of other members, and the future of these trucks with the gaining traction as an overland and off road vehicle I felt that it was necessary to bring this section to the forum. We can discuss trips or trails we've done. Off-road related modifications and just share experiences. I hope with the diesel and the ZR2 this section and truck will give some close rivals some competition! Thanks to the admins for listening to these suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 02:34 AM

Awesome :)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:30 PM

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Oh so you're limiting the competition to the ZR2 and diesel? Rude. My gasser is gonna be an off road monster...
JVederas likes this.

Resident thread derailer

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CC SB 4x4

Site Rules

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by and_steve View Post
Oh so you're limiting the competition to the ZR2 and diesel? Rude. My gasser is gonna be an off road monster...

My truck is a gasser as well. I'm just stating what the competition doesn't have that sets this platform apart. What are the plans for your offroad monster?
pennhunter likes this.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits Boxed UCA - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:47 PM

My truck is a gasser as well, and with my zombie bumpers, clearly it would look great off road....but it's too pretty for me to get it all muddy and dirty. But, an off road section would be helpful so those topics could be more easily grouped together.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
My truck is a gasser as well. I'm just stating what the competition doesn't have that sets this platform apart. What are the plans for your offroad monster?

I was just kidding. We need an accepted font for sarcasm...

Plans for my truck? Forced induction, BDS lift with Fox shocks, 275/70 18 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros.

Unsure on what else at this point.
pennhunter likes this.

Resident thread derailer

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CC SB 4x4

Site Rules

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 07:56 PM
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors

Whoa!! We are getting Serious around here!!!
goleee33 likes this.

Wheeler's Off-Road, Inc.
dan@wheelersoffroad.com
support@wheelersoffroad.com
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Just into this and glad there are folks wanting to talk about going where it is quiet. I have been doing that in my old Taco for a long time and now moved UP to the Duramx 4wd with my For Wheel Camper on back (FWC). I had to add a leaf, sway bar, air lifts, and soon the 5100 RHA Bilsteins. The truck is terrific so far with 5000 miles. I have some concerns with the underneath protection. I added the trans plate but probably will have to buy the front metal skid plate ... gotta have that off road.... but worried about the oil drain plug(!?) bad placement. I undercoated with Fluid Film as I live in salt road conditions.
I have a hi lift jack and MaxTrac and chains for the bad stuff but not yet a winch... never got that deep in that the other stuff didn't get me out. Looking forward to tapping the deep well of knowledge in the forum on the back road folks... I am not a rock crawler for the sake of crawling... I just want to get off the grid into the outback and have a cold beer. Hope I can help others and exchange ideas...things that worked and most importantly things that didn't.

2016 Colorado Duramax LT CyberGray Longbox 4WD
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckland View Post
Just into this and glad there are folks wanting to talk about going where it is quiet. I have been doing that in my old Taco for a long time and now moved UP to the Duramx 4wd with my For Wheel Camper on back (FWC). I had to add a leaf, sway bar, air lifts, and soon the 5100 RHA Bilsteins. The truck is terrific so far with 5000 miles. I have some concerns with the underneath protection. I added the trans plate but probably will have to buy the front metal skid plate ... gotta have that off road.... but worried about the oil drain plug(!?) bad placement. I undercoated with Fluid Film as I live in salt road conditions.

I have a hi lift jack and MaxTrac and chains for the bad stuff but not yet a winch... never got that deep in that the other stuff didn't get me out. Looking forward to tapping the deep well of knowledge in the forum on the back road folks... I am not a rock crawler for the sake of crawling... I just want to get off the grid into the outback and have a cold beer. Hope I can help others and exchange ideas...things that worked and most importantly things that didn't.

Look into superskidz on here. They have a front plate, front differential plate and an oil pan plate. Working on a beefier transfer case plate as well.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits Boxed UCA - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 12:09 AM

Garage
Sweet, this was a good addition. Nice job

Ordered 09/16/16, Built 10/13/16, 10/19/16 Transit to the Dealership! 10/31/16 at the Dealer. 11/06/16 Home. 4x4 Canyon SLT 2.8L Duramax short box, Bronze Alloy Metallica w/ Cocoa Dune interior.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Just what we needed here and what we asked for. Thanks for such a quick response moderators
goleee33 likes this.

Rick 2016 Colorado Z71
BDS 5.5" lift, Fuel Vector 20x9 rims, Toyo Open Country AT II Extreme 305/55R20 tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode