What makes a all terrain a "all terrain" is it a rip off? - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:09 PM

I agree that the front suspension springs and shocks are different on Z71 and ride marginally stiffer when I test drove a V6 Colorado LT and Z71. That said, it wasn't night and day like on the previous Gen I which had the obvious front torsion bar suspension and different rear springs also. The ride height was also upped for Z71 back then unlike now except for a possible small difference in tire size change.

I find the ride plenty firm in our LT trim V6. It suits our needs and ride height is great.

The Gen 1 Z71 was more Off Road capable then the new Gen II Z71 is.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-01-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
I got a LT because I got tired of waiting for the Z71 that I ordered - I went over 10 weeks without a factory acceptance of the order late in 2016. Found a well equipped LT with more stuff than I wanted and grabbed a few well timed incentives and basically got all that stuff for free! Mine also has the body colored front grill which looks even better than the Z71 trim. I found a set of take-off Z71 wheels with 80% tires on them for $400, and took off the front air damn and added a factory diff skid plate. I plan to upgrade the shocks to Bilstein 5100's anyway to get a 1.5" front lift, and then add proper AT tires in 265/70/17 size, so wasn't too concerned about shocks.

The only thing I'm missing is that auto decent mode vs. a Z71, and I can't see myself ever using that. I like the light gray leather seats in mine with 2-tone interior color. Mine is 4x4 w/ towing option so that gets the rest of the guts you want. I'm perfectly happy with my truck and would do it all again vs. the base Z71 that I had ordered.
I agree. We liked the interior two tone leather in the LT better also. There were also a few other things that were not available on the Z71 but included with the Convenience and Luxury Packages in the LT. Plus, I think the route you are going will actually result in a more substantial upgrade than what the current Z71 suspension offers. . . mainly stiffer front shocks and small spring rate change.
Really don't get why some spend more on a Z71 and then replace half or all the front suspension. Buy the Z71 grill emblem and rear Z71 decals (if you must), upgrade an LT suspension the way you want it and you're miles ahead.

My ride - -:
Vehicle Build:
Model: 12N43-2017 COLORADO

2017 2WD Colorado LT Crew Cab 3.6L V6
GBV Cyber Gray Metalic
H2V Jet Black/Ashen Gray Leather Seats
PCM Convenience Package
PCK Luxury Package
Z82 Towing Package.
G80 Locking Differential
E25 Assist Steps,Chrome 5" Rectangular

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-01-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode