5Likes
  • 1 Post By Esoxchaser
  • 1 Post By goleee33
  • 2 Post By yokev
  • 1 Post By lqdchkn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Protecting the interior while offroad

Just curious what you guys do for protecting the interior.

I've got weathertech floor liners for front and back row's and was looking to get some other stuff to keep it clean and such. I found these seat covers to help keep the mud and grime off the seats when getting in and out of the vehicle. They're cheap and have some pretty good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005R27ZK4...JGLZBPFO&psc=1

what else do you guys do/use?

2016 Black Colorado Z71 4x4

- Current Mods: Air Dam Delete; WeatherTech floor liners; LED Bed-Lighting Mod;30" double row Xprite light bar; Tablet setup for nav;
Hard-wired dash cam to fuse box;

Build Thread: http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-2...and-build.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 PM

"Please note this set is not equipped with front side airbags and rear split function."
No thanks.

I'm just going to get leather in my Z71........the way it;'s supposed to be. :)
This is the first truck I've had in a couple decades with cloth. Not feeling any love. Too hard to maintain. I like just wiping the leather down.
Whocares05050 likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoxchaser View Post
"Please note this set is not equipped with front side airbags and rear split function."
No thanks.

I'm just going to get leather in my Z71........the way it;'s supposed to be. :)
This is the first truck I've had in a couple decades with cloth. Not feeling any love. Too hard to maintain. I like just wiping the leather down.
Didnt notice that. oops.

Yeah probably wont do that then. I've got the z71 interior too, but even then its not completely leather. I wanted to try and keep it less dirty inside when off the beaten path.

2016 Black Colorado Z71 4x4

- Current Mods: Air Dam Delete; WeatherTech floor liners; LED Bed-Lighting Mod;30" double row Xprite light bar; Tablet setup for nav;
Hard-wired dash cam to fuse box;

Build Thread: http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-2...and-build.html

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:05 PM

Garage
I've essentially given up. My entire cab is dusty and dirty from offroading. Especially after my 150 Mile Mojave trip in the dust, it played hell on my filters and my entire cab was blowing dirt and dust out of the vents. Been like that for about 3 months now. The seats don't look too bad though on the Z71. The cloth is a pretty tough material and a vacuum will get most of it out.
bcuzucant likes this.

NEW TRUCK
2015 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4X4 - Summit White
KN 63 Series intake - LineX - 30" GGLighting LED Bar - Front/Rear Adujustable King Shocks - Bajakits +2.5 4x4 Pre Runner Kit - Method Double Standard Wheels - Falken AT3W 285/70/17 - Deaver Mini Pack inserts

OLD TRUCK
2004 Colorado Crew Cab Z85. I5 2wd
5inch CST lift
LIFTED COLORADO CLUB MEMBER # 123
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 12:18 PM

Get some Aries seat defenders. Easy to add when you need them and stow when you don't. I carry 2 around bc I'm always getting in and out all sweaty from mountain biking.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goleee33 View Post
I've essentially given up. My entire cab is dusty and dirty from offroading. Especially after my 150 Mile Mojave trip in the dust, it played hell on my filters and my entire cab was blowing dirt and dust out of the vents. Been like that for about 3 months now. The seats don't look too bad though on the Z71. The cloth is a pretty tough material and a vacuum will get most of it out.
You need this:
goleee33 and Whocares05050 like this.

2016 Colorado 2.8L D-max, Crew Cab, Long Bed, Z71, 4WD.
ZONE 5.5" Suspension Lift
Moto Metal 970 17x8.5"
Nitto Terra G-G2s, 295/70/17
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:13 PM

I don't even have floor liners, just the factory mats. I brush the crevices and vacuum the interior after a trip. And take a damp microfiber to all the surfaces I can reach. Its not perfect, but 90% of the interior is plastic and dirt will clean right off if you can reach it. Dust is another issue. Mud dries on carpet and then its dirt which can be broken and vacuumed out. Seats seem to be fine but I also haven't sat in the mud yet. I get in them sweaty and soaking wet sometimes. I have used a leather spray cleaner/conditioner once in the year I have had the truck. Aside from seat covers and floor liners, you could basically do your best to keep the windows up.

2016 Laser Blue Ext Cab Short Bed 4x4 Z71
Fox 2.0 suspension, LineX; custom HiLift, shovel/axe mounts, Chassis Unlimited rock sliders, LED hood pods, Custom aluminum oil pan and transmission skid plates, custom bed cage, MBRP cat back, lots of scratches.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 PM

As a mechanic by trade, I have always just folded a towel in half for the drivers seat. K-Mark has black or gray ones for like $4. I keep a couple around to change out. Who likes dirty seats?

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 10:32 PM

Garage
I have Weathertech floor liners as well. Also I have Carhartt custom fit seat covers. Expensive but great quality and well worth it. And I have a dash mat from Covercraft to protect from fading.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 11:03 PM

All my "outside" and "ground" stuff stays in the bed or strapped to the tonneau cover. Only my "inside" stuff goes inside and none of that stuff will mess up my seats.

Being able to do that was a major reason I left the FJ Cruiser. I hated always packing my dirty crap in the back and having to clean it.
CaryBosse likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:29 PM

Garage
In the process of clearing out the interior, modifying the seats, full leather, and last but not least putting truck bed lining inside.

Disclaimer: Not selling the truck ever and have already voided every warrenty for the truck ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode