Took My Canyon Out For Some 4x4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By 24v

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
24v

Took My Canyon Out For Some 4x4

So I got this truck last year in July. I have put 19,000 miles on it so far. The majority of my mileage is around town driving, with a little bit of towing. I visit jobsites often, and have used 4wd a few times for fun, but have never really used it where that was the only option. I have always had 2wd trucks, but this truck was the only one I could find that ticked every box when I bought it. It was literally the exact truck I wanted except for the 4wd. They made me a great deal, so I bought it.

Yesterday I went out with a friend who brought his Jeep. We went to Anza Borrego and Ocotillo Wells. The terrain was very sandy in some places, very rocky in others, and just hardpack dirt in most. The truck did awesome in every condition. I was running about 35 psi in my tires all day. I planned to air down when it became an issue but it never really did. In Ocotillo Wells there is a sand hill called Blowsand. It is where the sand from the desert has blown up against a hill and accumulated. I made it about 1/2 way up this before losing traction in 4wd. I could have aired the tires down and made it further, but probably not much, so I didn't bother. other than that hill, the truck pretty much went up and down anything I pointed it at.

Climbing up and down some rock gardens made me truly appreciate 4wd and tires that have good traction. I could not believe how much this thing grips going up some loose rocks and loose dirt.

I didn't take a bunch of pics, but here are a few.

Last edited by 24v; 03-12-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Looks good. How'd you get those towing mirrors on there? Are those from the full size trucks?

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondupot View Post
Looks good. How'd you get those towing mirrors on there? Are those from the full size trucks?
I'm pretty sure they are the same mirror as the fullsize, but just a different base. You can get them from Clearview in Australia. There is a towing mirrors thread on here where people discuss this for like 20 pages.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
I'm pretty sure they are the same mirror as the fullsize, but just a different base. You can get them from Clearview in Australia. There is a towing mirrors thread on here where people discuss this for like 20 pages.
Cool thanks I will look for that thread.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode