• 1 Post By UnlimitedMatt
  • 1 Post By 3250man
  • 1 Post By UnlimitedMatt
  • 2 Post By 3250man

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ripp Supercharger HELP!!!

I got my RIPP Supercharger in this week and went to install it this weekend. I got 75% done with no problems but when I got to the piping it looks like I have the wrong pipes to connect the intercooler to the supercharger. Does anyone have a picture of the pipes they got in their kit? Help ASAP!
3250man likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 AM

I can help. Mine is all done and running.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to BaznastyDave Send a message via MSN to BaznastyDave
Can you guys post some info on your kits. Do the Temps seem any higher? Does the tune feel right? Any change in Mpg? And any other information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Looking into a kit.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:43 PM

Have you called them? Ross and Ripp are awesome to deal with.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:46 AM

Garage
Did you get it figured out?

I'm no help as my kit is being shipped right now.

I carry a gun because cops are too heavy...

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeWilliams85 View Post
I got my RIPP Supercharger in this week and went to install it this weekend. I got 75% done with no problems but when I got to the piping it looks like I have the wrong pipes to connect the intercooler to the supercharger. Does anyone have a picture of the pipes they got in their kit? Help ASAP!
Blake, let us get you back on track, send us a private message with your info :)
deadly99 and spaceghost like this.

https://rippmods.com/

RIPP Superchargers
574 Industrial Loop
Staten Island, NY 10305

Main: 718-815-1313
Fax: 718-984 - 2725

info@rippmods.com - Information
sales@rippmods.com - Sales questions
tech@rippmods.com - Technical support:
tuning@rippmods.com - Tuning support:
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:28 PM

Garage
I have an install question to anyone who has already installed their kit: Where does the supplied MAP sensor go? The supplied harness is to short to install where the factory MAP sensor is and back to the MAF sensor.

I have also sent an email to RIPP, I'm looking for a quick resolution.

I'm so close to being installed!!!

***Update*** Not more than 20 minutes after I emailed RIPP, they got back to me. That would make it about 10 pm est on a Saturday night, now that is great service!

By the way, my truck is running awesome!!!
Whocares05050 likes this.

Last edited by UnlimitedMatt; 03-19-2017 at 12:39 AM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 AM

Hey I'm in the same boat! The instructions on pg 22 don't make sense with the pipes I got. Pipe C coming from the supercharger, after the 90 degree coupling, doesn't have a place to mount the assembly pictured - installed on pipe C, pg 21. 2 of the pipes I got have mounting holes for MAF sensors??
Calling RIPP inn the morning. Sad they only have tech support M-F. Only time to do the install IS the weekend. I also have the same question as somebody else about the breakout harness. MPA sensor on the harness is the same part number as the one mounted onto the intake manifold?? We're so close to firing the truck up.
Whocares05050 likes this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedMatt View Post
I have an install question to anyone who has already installed their kit: Where does the supplied MAP sensor go? The supplied harness is to short to install where the factory MAP sensor is and back to the MAF sensor.

***Update*** Not more than 20 minutes after I emailed RIPP, they got back to me. That would make it about 10 pm est on a Saturday night, now that is great service!

Great now we need pics and a full report on how the truck runs.

2016 Colorado CCLB 4X4 Brownstone
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3250man View Post
Hey I'm in the same boat! The instructions on pg 22 don't make sense with the pipes I got. Pipe C coming from the supercharger, after the 90 degree coupling, doesn't have a place to mount the assembly pictured - installed on pipe C, pg 21. 2 of the pipes I got have mounting holes for MAF sensors??
Calling RIPP inn the morning. Sad they only have tech support M-F. Only time to do the install IS the weekend. I also have the same question as somebody else about the breakout harness. MPA sensor on the harness is the same part number as the one mounted onto the intake manifold?? We're so close to firing the truck up.
I'm sure RIPP will get you going, but if not, give me a call. PM on it's way.

***Edit***
After re-reading your questions, I got all of your answers, Lol.

The way you mount pipe 'D' is by using the only large hose clamp with the little black alan head bolt mounted to it. You attach the smallest 'L' bracket to that alan bolt and to the sc. Basically, the 'L' supports the weight of pipe 'D' and the air filter.

The opening on pipe 'C' is where the blow off valve mounts. The opening on pipe 'A' is where your factory MAF sensor gets installed.

The breakout harness (bh) is actually very easy to install now that I understand what RIPP is accomplishing with it. The bh plugs into your factory MAF sensor harness and the new temp sensor on pipe 'A'. Now just zip tie the new MAP sensor under the throttle body. The new supplied MAP sensor acts a barometric sensor.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by UnlimitedMatt; 03-20-2017 at 11:20 AM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Great now we need pics and a full report on how the truck runs.
It will happen soon. I have about 75 miles with the supercharger installed, most of the was with the wife, so I kept my foot out of it. I also now have a Toyota axle housing, for my son, in the bed of my truck that I will drop off tomorrow. After that, I hope to fully explore the benefits of this supercharger!
Tucker likes this.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:27 PM

Unlimited Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with RIPP this morning - and I was sent the wrong pipe "C." The one I got in the kit (supposedly pipe C) only has a hole for mounting a MAF sensor and it won't reach all the way to the intercooler inlet. RIPP's sending me the correct pipe. I did an inventory on the kit when I got it and unwrapped the 4 pipes and other stuff to account for it. That's on me for not making sure they were the correct pipes. Maybe they can put a label (A,B,C,D) on the pipes to go with the pics.
Also, the deal about the breakout harness: The MAP sensor that's part of the harness isn't mounted/used for anything, so I was told to just ziptie it to the closest wire bundle. That makes sense. Man, that drove us nuts trying to figure out where that thing went. Nothing in the instructions about it not being used.
One last thing: The pics for the Diablo tune in the instructions didn't match with the actual display on my tuner. Instead of "Write vehicle" instructions, my tuner read, "Advanced tune." We stumbled through the install and made it to the end. Not sure why the displays were different.
All in all: I'm well pleased with the supercharger kit. Can't wait till it's fired up and running. I did get a pre-dyno run on the truck: 244 RWHP and 233 ft lb torque. Only things installed were a K&N stock box filter and a supermodulator throttle body.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedMatt View Post

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion guys, the MAP sensor supplied with our kit is used specifically for a "Baro" reading. Therefore, we leave it open to atmosphere by securing it to the factory harness below the throttlebody. We're reworking the next set of instructions to make this a little more clear for the future.

Quote:
Unlimited Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with RIPP this morning - and I was sent the wrong pipe "C." The one I got in the kit (supposedly pipe C) only has a hole for mounting a MAF sensor and it won't reach all the way to the intercooler inlet. RIPP's sending me the correct pipe. I did an inventory on the kit when I got it and unwrapped the 4 pipes and other stuff to account for it. That's on me for not making sure they were the correct pipes. Maybe they can put a label (A,B,C,D) on the pipes to go with the pics.
Also, the deal about the breakout harness: The MAP sensor that's part of the harness isn't mounted/used for anything, so I was told to just ziptie it to the closest wire bundle. That makes sense. Man, that drove us nuts trying to figure out where that thing went. Nothing in the instructions about it not being used.
One last thing: The pics for the Diablo tune in the instructions didn't match with the actual display on my tuner. Instead of "Write vehicle" instructions, my tuner read, "Advanced tune." We stumbled through the install and made it to the end. Not sure why the displays were different.
All in all: I'm well pleased with the supercharger kit. Can't wait till it's fired up and running. I did get a pre-dyno run on the truck: 244 RWHP and 233 ft lb torque. Only things installed were a K&N stock box filter and a supermodulator throttle body.
Hi Matt, glad you're back on track. We noted there's a variance with Diablo's GM suite with this latest Firmware update. We're making sure they're no longer making any further global updates before the lastest tuning instructions are revised.

If anyone has any additional questions we'd be happy to help.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:33 PM

BlakeWilliams85

You get your correct pipes? How'd the install go?
PM me if you need any help . . .

Jim
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
BlakeWilliams85

You get your correct pipes? How'd the install go?
PM me if you need any help . . .

Jim
Yeah they sent me the Correct Pipe C that Monday. The install went great other than that. Truck runs great too. I have about 1500 miles on the kit and I haven't had any issues.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 07:05 PM

Well was going to install the kit Monday but got an email saying to hold off because there is a tune update coming out in the next couple weeks. Anyone experience issues with there set-up? Just really want to install the kit this coming week! Lol
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:31 PM

Sentry_FE10,

PM me if you would like some good-to-know things about the install while yer' waiting . . .
What kind of truck you got?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Sentry_FE10,

PM me if you would like some good-to-know things about the install while yer' waiting . . .
What kind of truck you got?
I have a 2015 GMC Canyon. Started the install this afternoon. Hoping to not have any issues.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry_FE10 View Post
I have a 2015 GMC Canyon. Started the install this afternoon. Hoping to not have any issues.
How is the install going?

I've got over 1,000 miles on my RIPP Supercharger so let me know if you have any questions.

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 01:51 PM

The install went great! So far it sounds amazing. Still doing some tweaking to it before I get it back on the road. Need to get the gears changed out and she will be ready for the dyno!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode