Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Lets see your switch setups??

301K views 286 replies 141 participants last post by  NanserbE 
#1 ·
well as the title says...lets see how everyone mounts auxiliary switches in there truck.

#58 ·
Honestly, probably not. Too much time that I don't have. I've done these on my breaks at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I feel ya but still :crying:

#62 ·
No, but I can take one tomorrow.

Great looking set up.

You are using the switches from the F350, but are you using what is behind them? Everything I find online has a the entire switch assembly with a single attached male pigtale port that I am assuming is supposed to attached to something in the F350. How did you attach the switches to your lights? Do you have the part # for the switches? The ones I keep finding are Motorcraft SW-6685. Did you buy the wire harness and module that is associated with it?

Thanks!

#67 ·
What if someone got the oem switch panel from a higher trim model that had more switches and wired up one of the thus unused switches to control what ever. Like I have the LT without heated seats or anything so if I got a diesel z71 switch that had the heated seat and exhaust brake switches, theoretically I could wire the switches for use in auxiliary lights or something no?

#74 ·
Finished my switches on the card holder piece. Tried to sugru the edges of the panel to blend in with the plastic trim piece but didn't come out very nice. Would've looked better just leaving it as is I think, will fix that later.

I do like the rocker switches though, wired them to only light up when on. Can turn on without ignition though which is nice.

#75 ·
I used the switches that came with the RC light bars. Fit two nicely on the the dash and didnt open holes. At first i did this a temp solution but i dont feel the need to change it for now. They are easy access and non invasive if i ever decide to go back to stock. Used a small piece of cloth electrical tape to hide the red led showing its off. In the future i may just take apart the switch and just remove the red led. More than likely wont do anything cause im lazy. If i do i really like the ford AUX switch solution my favorite so far.

#82 ·
I just ordered a SwitchPros unit, they just came out with a blue backlit one instead of green. It's programmable, bluetooth for phone control, backlit with customizable labels, very easy and clean install.

Switch Pros - Home

I'm going to install over tiny pocket between heated seat switches.

That looks super sharp. Not bad for $480. Where do you plan to mount it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#88 · (Edited)
It looks like they moved the ports down to the passenger side of the console. Can see it in the first pic. Looks like USB and DC

#90 ·
Good eye. I didn't see that at first. Not sure if that comes with the mount or if it's an additional part.

Where does one purchase this? Doesn't look like you can purchase from their site.
Not sure, it may be too new that it can't be bought on the site yet. We will see when they get back to me. So far no word yet. I may give them a call tomorrow if they don't get back to me.

#92 ·
So I called Troy today and they emailed me some prices. The center console insert (the pics I previously posted) is $260.

They also have an overhead console for a radio plus additional switches for $275.

If you want to relocate your dome light it's an additional $125.

Both of these consoles use the standard faceplates Troy offers. Most of which I have found online for about $40. Ones like these:

Or these for switches and 12v outlets:

I have some more pics if anyone is interested and a short .pdf from Troy.

Turns out they also make a replacement storage box for under the rear seat. Ill post more about that in another thread so I don't de-derail this one.

Attachments

#94 ·
this tread has given me so many ideas, i was thinking of making a custom overhead switch panel insert for the sunglass holder since i typically toss mine in the bose center speaker when i do add some extra lighting. i was thinking of relocating the 4wd switch up top also to avoid accidently switching into 4wd when not needed (done it 3 or so times already) and getting the OEM 2wd dash piece to clean up the stock location.

#95 ·
That's actually a brilliant idea. If you do it, definitely post up some pictures. That's probably the number one complain on here...