How-To: OEM Fog Light Kit Install (P/N: 23459834) - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

I think you are going a different route than me. That is a factory relay according to the diagram you posted.

I took the 194 parking light bulb out of the headlight and tapped into the wire there.

2016 Colorado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr84 View Post
I think you are going a different route than me. That is a factory relay according to the diagram you posted.

I took the 194 parking light bulb out of the headlight and tapped into the wire there.
I guess they changed how it's wired from the 2015 to the 2016. I pulled the bulb out too and was expecting to do the same but then saw 2 extra unexpected wires..

Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2761.JPG.jpg (114.2 KB, 52 views)

2015 Canyon Crew Cab | 3.6L V6 | BNR Tune | Pioneer 5800 | Eibach Leveling Shocks 1.4"|
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar424 View Post
I guess they changed how it's wired from the 2015 to the 2016. I pulled the bulb out too and was expecting to do the same but then saw 2 extra unexpected wires..

Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it.
Is that the small bulb closest to the drivers door? That looks larger than a 194 bulb. It looks like it is the turn signal & parking bulb under the headlight.

2016 Colorado

post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr84 View Post
Is that the small bulb closest to the drivers door? That looks larger than a 194 bulb. It looks like it is the turn signal & parking bulb under the headlight.
I think I found the confusion, I have a Canyon so our lights are different, totally slipped my mind. I ended up just taping in to the headlight wire and now they're up and running!

2015 Canyon Crew Cab | 3.6L V6 | BNR Tune | Pioneer 5800 | Eibach Leveling Shocks 1.4"|
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar424 View Post
I think I found the confusion, I have a Canyon so our lights are different, totally slipped my mind. I ended up just taping in to the headlight wire and now they're up and running!
Yup, that will make a difference.

I'm glad you got them working.

2016 Colorado
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 12:54 PM

Question Did programming for a 2015 work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamharkey View Post
I purchased (23459834) this kit for my Colorado 2015 LT from ShopChevyParts.com
2016 Colorado Fog Light Kit (23459834) = $213.75

Installed it today. everything fit. Just need to get it programed.

Success! Colorado all programed and working like it should.
Just wanted to confirm that the programming worked for a 2015. I have a 2015 WT with 2.4 Manual that I have already purchased it for. Alex
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:30 PM

Any way to get the pictures working again or a link to them??? Thanks soo much

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpaintman View Post
Any way to get the pictures working again or a link to them??? Thanks soo much

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Pictures have been updated.

2016 Colorado
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 10:29 PM

Garage
Quick question. What about if I install the OEM fog lights. The one wire has to be hooked into the UJC. Is that going to void warranty if I do it. I thought about doing the complete install except for putting the wire in the #31 slot in the UJC. I only have 2500 miles on it and had it since OCT 12th last year. 2016 work truck I have already done a lot of upgrades to. I ordered the fog light kit and the remote start. Should be in next week and going to have both authorizations done at the end of next week. If I put the light in place and the switch all they have to do is hook in wire for the lights. I do not want to void warranty. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Jeff Jordan; 04-28-2017 at 10:37 PM.
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jordan View Post
Quick question. What about if I install the OEM fog lights. The one wire has to be hooked into the UJC. Is that going to void warranty if I do it. I thought about doing the complete install except for putting the wire in the #31 slot in the UJC. I only have 2500 miles on it and had it since OCT 12th last year. 2016 work truck I have already done a lot of upgrades to. I ordered the fog light kit and the remote start. Should be in next week and going to have both authorizations done at the end of next week. If I put the light in place and the switch all they have to do is hook in wire for the lights. I do not want to void warranty. Thanks for any input.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that no, GM couldn't void your warranty for you installing the OEM kit as long as you don't mess something up in the process.

2016 Colorado
post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Garage
Thanks for the response.
2J
post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 12:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
I consider @mjonesjr84 to be the authoritative voice on this subject as he did author the "how to" at the beginning of this thread, but I will offer one additional piece of information that might be worth considering. When I bought my kit, I stopped by my dealership to ascertain the lag time that I might have to experience waiting for an appointment to get the system programmed after I did the physical installation. (I didn't relish the thought of driving around for an extended period with an "alien" wire stuck in the junction box that the computer didn't know about.) I mentioned to the Service Mgr. that I intended to perform all of the work save the programming which I knew they had to do and he countered with a request that I not stick the wire into the junction box, but rather I should leave that for the tech who would be assigned the task of programming the system subsequent to the installation. He stated that he preferred they do that step. I don't feel that it added to the cost of the programming as the price I paid was in line with what others stated on here that it cost them to have the programming done. It might not be applicable to your situation, but it is at least worth a mention to your friendly neighborhood Service Mgr. to get their reading on it. Just my $.02.

2016 Colorado 4x4 WT Ext Cab Long Bed with:
WT Convenience Package
WT Appearance Package
Trailering Equipment Package
post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 02:50 PM

Garage
Well much appreciated for any input. I am not going to put it in UJC. I will let them do it. I am however going to go ahead and install switch and lights themselves. I only have 2500 miles on it so I do not want to mess up my warranty or possibly some prongs in UJC. Thanks again all. 2J
post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 06:55 PM

Garage
I got my fog light kit and my remote start kit today. Plan on putting lights in this weekend. Very cool mods for sure and should increase the value of vehicle for a fraction of cost from factory. $220 for remote kit and $230 for fog light kit including shipping. Both say once box is open there is no return GM stamped in 4 places lol. Probably another $200.00 to $250.00 for programming.
post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 07:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
I got my fog light kit and my remote start kit today. Plan on putting lights in this weekend. Very cool mods for sure and should increase the value of vehicle for a fraction of cost from factory. $220 for remote kit and $230 for fog light kit including shipping. Both say once box is open there is no return GM stamped in 4 places lol. Probably another $200.00 to $250.00 for programming.
Don't know how you feel about the "chrome bezels" that are included in the kit and whether you gravitate toward a glint of flash or not, but now would be an excellent time to hit those bezels rings with Plasti-Dip (assuming ultimately blacked out is preferable) before you snap all the pieces together and install in the front fascia. It can certainly be done later, but from my experience not doing it immediately, it was a royal PITA to get the chrome rings off after the fact.

2016 Colorado 4x4 WT Ext Cab Long Bed with:
WT Convenience Package
WT Appearance Package
Trailering Equipment Package
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:12 PM

Garage
That is a good bit of insight. No plans to black them out at this point but will consider maybe in the future. I am tricking this WT out with all the Z71 looks and mods as much as possible. This truck was sold to me as a fleet truck and has a few add ons that normally don't come with a stock WT. Pleased to say has the VVT engine with 305 hp and the automatic locking rear end differential and 6ft bed which is cool. Just having fun making it the way I want as the plan is to keep this for a few years or so. Found some factory leather seats for it cheap but going to put on fender flares after these two mods are done. This is a great place with a wealth of information. Glad to of found this forum for sure. I looked at the ZR2 and love the hood. May have to change that out eventually. It seems factory wheels and tires are flooding the market and it is a buyers market. You can upgrade rather cheap if you check out craigs list and such. 2J
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 04:11 PM

Garage
I got the fog lamps installed today. Attempted to get gray clip out to no avail. I just thought I would try to put wire in. Got everything apart and could not get that damn clip out. Also putting in the new light switch can be a pain. Everything else went really well. Thanks for all the help. I have a appt for Tuesday to get BCM flashed and remote start programmed as well.
2J
post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 02:01 PM

Garage
Got the fog lamps and remote start programmed today. So very awesome. Now on to the next mod. Going to do the fender flares and change out grille to Z71.
post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Is the 2017 identical? I got the physical parts in but I need to do the wiring still. I was waiting on my LED light bar to come in (which just did) so I can knock out both wiring jobs at the same time.

'17 Crew V6, Build log of sound system / Build log of rest of truck modifications
post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Garage
Hey LansonF. I am not sure if it is or not. Check out the pictures that were posted and see if it looks identical to your fuse box. They look awesome. What light bar did you get and can you post some pics of the install. Thanks 2J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode