Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - 2007 Colorado strange airbag light behavior?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
442_mike

2007 Colorado strange airbag light behavior?

For as long as I've owned this truck (bought used, but put over 100,000 miles on it) it's exhibited the behavior that if I get out, with the engine still running, the airbag light turns on. As soon as I sit back down the light turns off. It never turns on if I'm sitting in the driver seat or exhibits any other behavior that I might consider "unusual".

Tonight I took it to the dealer for my annual safety inspection and immediately the crotchety old inspector came out and started arguing with me that these vehicles don't have a pressure sensor in the seats, and that he was failing it. I demonstrated that the light turns off as soon as I sit down and he stormed off in a huff. At least they didn't charge me for the inspection.

I recorded a short video on YouTube, sorry if it's kind of dark. There's also a "part 2" I could upload, where I test it by making the light turn off just by pressing down on the center of the seat. The only other thing I could think of is maybe some kind of a loose ground or damaged connector, where it only makes contact when there's weight on the seat? What do you guys think?

Last edited by 442_mike; 11-02-2016 at 10:57 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome