Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

General Motors Production Codes - LIST

81K views 70 replies 38 participants last post by  Cool28 
#1 ·
Found this on another site while trying to interpret what Production Code 3000 meant for my Colorado on order. Maybe this could be a sticky?

GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Preferenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled
* Target Production Week (TPW) is usually available by status code 3300.

See less See more
#32 ·
Bummer
I ordered about 5 weeks ago. My dealer gave me an order #. I can use that at GM Canada Chat, but the customer service rep there can only say 'build date is not scheduled', and then directs me to the dealer for more info.

The dealer salesman is either completely in the dark about Production Codes, or is refusing to disclose.

I think I need to pay him a visit rather than email.

#44 ·
I thought Pil was Alberta specific. Doesn't Winnipeg have its own beer? And it's not Blue that I'm thinking about. Wasn't it called Club?

#46 ·
FYI: on contacting GM (via Live Chat) .... I just tried that a few minutes ago. I gave my order number and the Chat Person stated that they no longer handing out production / event codes on your orders. Bummer. I did sign up for Chevy's Customer Care Center weekly emails on my production status.

Anyways, I found out from my salesperson that I have a prod code = 3400 and it was scheduled for this week. So I hope to hear some happy news from GM early part of next week.

Reactions: Jerkyking
#49 ·
Sorry if this thread is too old to post on. It's at the top so hard to resist, and it's not locked so here I am.
Ordered 2/17/17. Salesman updated me that it went to 2000, and a few days ago 3000.
I chatted the people at the Chevy site for info.
They didn't say the code, but gave me a TPW of 3/13/17. Copy of what she said:
"Agent Lakeshia says: Your order status has been accepted by GM with a target production week of 03/13/2017. Please be advised that actual production is subject to plant scheduling "

Does this mean I am beyond 3000 already?
I was hoping to get it sometime in April, to me I am looking at really early April, unless these numbers get pushed back a lot. How accurate would that be at this time, that's only a little over 2 weeks away.
Thanks everyone. I am in Evansville WI so not a great distance from MO, could drive there in under 10 hours I'd guess.

Reactions: RatRacer
#50 ·
#63 · (Edited)
Exciting stuff. . . but sure would of been better if the talk about all of the last 12 posts was in a different thread .. .

Instead of a "Sticky" for GM Production Code List . . .

Makes it tough for those in the future who come later looking for Info, Details, Discussion the Topic, and have to sift through a lot of other stuff.

#70 ·
I am just curious and perhaps someone here might have an answer to a couple questions.
I have an order number for a 2018 Z-71 Colorado I just ordered last week. VQBT62
I registered on GM Authority and got eventually got on the forum requesting status update and to simply "track order no. VQBT62"
I haven't heard anything for a couple days, I am sure things take awhile but am I doing this right?
I'd like to track my vehicle and obviously the dealer will be notifying me when it arrives, I'd just like to know if there is anything else I need to do.
It doesn't appear to be working so I am curious.
Is there another website that works better?
Is there a chat or live operator that can look into this or a number where I can get a real voice on the phone?
Thanks in advance, I am told it could take up to 8 weeks to get my new Colorado.

#71 ·
go to the chevy webpage and open up chat. Has a option to check progress of your car. Someone will get on chat ask for your number and then will tell you and ask if you want weekly updates.

Reactions: Skimaniaz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.