Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Opinions on Summit White

19K views 65 replies 43 participants last post by  papasmurf1958 
#1 ·
Looking for thoughts on Summit White as a truck color.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I had a Summit White Camaro and it was a sharp color. It was great at hiding dirt unless you got up close to it which was huge improvement over my previous black car (never again).
My only hesitation with it on a truck would be that it's a common fleet color. All the local auto parts stores and power/gas utility vehicles are white. I think as long as you don't get a WT with all the black plastic it'll keep it from blending in with the crowd.

Reactions: KY Red Rock
#8 ·
I love my white one, only color I'd trade for is the new orange color later this year.
Yes, why it has to be a late release ticks me off. :censored:

#5 ·
Love mine!

#6 · (Edited)
I just purchased a 2017 Z71 diesel crew cab in summit white. I went back and forth (many times) on several colors including Cyber Gray, white, silver and black. But I went with white and very happy.

As mentioned above, with some black contrast it really pops. I did the black bow tie (easy plastidip), black bed liner and tint on front side windows matching rear. Also just added black midnight wheels for even more contrast. But it looked great with stock Z71 wheels also. I posted a couple pics in my garage, will take better pics once it stops raining and she gets her first bath.

#9 ·
White looks like crap on economy cars, but it looks great on trucks. Go figure! Always liked the clean white truck with tinted windows look. It is a classic. Cooler in the summer too.

I went with the Bronze alloy with Cocoa/dune interior on my Canyon, it just spoke to me for some reason. Have had black and white trucks in the past, trying something different.

#10 ·
As I work for my city gov. being white was one of my concerns. There are white chevy full size trucks around me everyday. I guess I'd blend right in, LOL. But the white can pop with the right accents, especially black & red. My dealer has a Z71 for a decent price. Decisions, decisions.

#11 ·
I hate white. All everyone seems to want is white, black, or some shade of non color grey. Stand out and buy a truck that is a proper color. :)

#13 ·
I wish the "new" orange was out. I've heard it's more metallic.

#12 · (Edited)
Choosing my Canyon SLT and options was easy but, I struggled so hard at choosing a colour and after nearly a year of ownership, I am still uncertain. I think the white looks great with the SLT chrome which takes it out of the work truck look category. Colorados with black accents look good too. I still don't like the white in bright sunlight. At low light and nightime though when the other colours start to disappear, it is without equal.

#43 ·
Here in Arizona, sun reflecting white with dark tint is the official vehicle color.

The tint and black accents really pop on a white truck. If you don't get Nerf bars/steps, you need to paint the body seam under the rocker panels to hide the seam.
That's what I did last summer, I never really noticed it until some were complaining about it on this site. I think it really cleans up the lower body line.

Here's a spliced photo showing half painted & as delivered. I just used brush on Plasti-Dip.

#15 ·
If you are talking Burning Hot Metallic that looks Orange I saw one last weekend at the dealer. It is bright.

I know what truck I want but color is my issue too. I wanted Red Hot on a ZR2 and as for now it is not available. I checked out 4 other colors and will go Cajun Red. I will be ok with it but really wanted the Red hat.

Red has been the best color I ever had as it is easy to keep clean and touch up and looks good on a truck with black trim.

#16 ·
If you are talking Burning Hot Metallic that looks Orange I saw one last weekend at the dealer. It is bright.

I know what truck I want but color is my issue too. I wanted Red Hot on a ZR2 and as for now it is not available. I checked out 4 other colors and will go Cajun Red. I will be ok with it but really wanted the Red hat.

Red has been the best color I ever had as it is easy to keep clean and touch up and looks good on a truck with black trim.
Was it a 17? Or a left over 16? It was my understanding it wasn't going to be out until late summer/fall.

#25 ·
Nice truck! I dig the red recovery hooks. Just red paint or what?

#18 ·
According to Forbes, the most popular vehicle colors: 1. white, 2. black, 3. silver, 4. gray, 5. red, 6. blue, 7. brown-beige, 8. yellow-gold, 9. green, 10. everything else. Get a vehicle and color most everybody doesn't have: Colorado Z-71 in orange, Colorado ZR2 in green or Canyon Denali in mineral.

zoz

#22 ·
If you are considering summit white, be cautious of "rail dust" as GM likes to call it that takes many hours of clay barring to get out of the paint. Tiny orange rust colored dots mainly on hood and roof. Had it on my 2014 ATS, my 2015 Sierra 2500 and now my 2016 Colorado.

#29 ·
I love white, I will be posting up my truck in the project section pretty soon. 16 cc Z71, custom grille, RK hood, RC flares, custom Anzo's, 20x12's on 33x12.5's with spacers, led's all around, and a few other little tid bits. You could get some ideas. All white paint gets the tiny rust specs that is a pain to get out of the paint, which I'm sure they get on every paint color but just show up on white more.

#31 ·
The color I am seeing around me on new cars on the road is variations of the red quartz. It looks cool, but it strikes me as "trendy" and I don't want to be trendy.

#33 ·
Thanks for the reply's! :smile2:

I hope it works out, but it might not if my dealer doesn't get their act together. :frown2:

#34 ·
I hope the Canyon Denali comes out with the cream color(off white) that they have on the Sierra Denali's,

White looks great with either black accents or lots of chrome

My black truck looks great when it is clean. A white truck looks great until it gets dirty.

#36 ·
It may be from transport on the car hauler. Some trucks ride with their butt into the wind, and get plastered with all kinds of junk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.