Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - Dead battery/low voltage
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 10:45 AM
CaryBosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdavidson0128 View Post
Hello,

I just bought a new 2017 GMC Canyon diesel. I drove it home on Saturday and on Monday next time I tried to drive it the battery was dead. I had to jump start to get to the dealer...while on the way several systems were not functioning. It was explained after 3 hours of service that the battery had likely been drawn down very low due to a door or light left on while sitting on the lot. Made since I guess but the the next day I had the same issue. Its been at the dealer every since. I've only drove the BRAND NEW truck back and forth to the dealer twice for repair. Has anyone else experienced electrical issues similar where you experience no start or low voltage while driving? Electric power is so low that cruise, defroster, the DIC display, etc. doesn't work? I'm new to the forum/message boards here and also new to the GMC Canyon. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
There are systems in place on these trucks that should turn the light out before the battery goes dead. The service manager should learn a little bit about modern vehicles and the protections built into the electrical systems. (My 2009 Wrangler has some of these protections, so you can bet a 2017 GMC has more of them.)

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome