Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - That Jerry Brown!
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 05:15 AM
rawman

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokev View Post
California Legislature votes to raise gas taxes, vehicle fees by $5.2 billion a year for road repairs and transit - LA Times
That sonofabitch just raised the tax on diesel fuel ANOTHER 20c/gallon, plus a 12c increase on fuel across the board.
So starting next year we're gonna be paying another fucking THIRTY-TWO-CENTS a gallon on diesel fuel.
Can someone explain HOW the fuck that piece of shit got elected AGAIN as governor?
He TOTALLY shit the bed his first time around back in the '70s, and IIRC some idiotic NoCal city elected him mayor, and he drove that place into the ground, again IIRC, getting himself fired in the process.
And now he's been elected governor for two-consecutive terms!
It's like the idiots in D.C. re-electing Marion Barry, even after he got popped for taking bribes-AND- smoking fricken crack cocaine on CAMERA.
There's never been a greater need for an IQ test to get your voter registration card.
I used to like living in California, but since its conversion to Kalifornistan I'm really starting to dislike it

Not quite right. Here are the details (which still suck don't get me wrong):

Quote:
$24.4 billion by raising the gasoline excise taxes 12 cents per gallon, or 43 percent above the current rate of 27.8 cents starting Nov. 1.

- $7.3 billion by raising the current 16-cent-a-gallon diesel excise tax by 20 cents - a 125 percent increase starting Nov. 1.

- $3.5 billion by increasing the state diesel sales tax from 9 percent to 13 percent starting Nov. 1.
- An annual vehicle fee ranging from $25 for cars valued at under $5,000, to $175 for cars worth $60,000 or more
So it's a 24 cents a gallon increase for those of us who burn diesel. Not 32 cents a gallon. Plus, the extra per yearly fee of course.

2017 Ice Silver Metallic Colorado CCSB 4x4 Z71 Duramax

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome