Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

New colorado and the frustrating infotainment system

14K views 73 replies 25 participants last post by  The Tin Man 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!! New guy here and also new to Chevy's as well. I've always had Fords, but I really love the lines on this truck!!

Anyways.....One thing I have noticed is that GM can't seem to streamline their infotainment systems. I have the 3 months of XM which includes the travel link stuff for weather and traffic. It is nowhere on my system. It says it is capable, but damn if I can find it. No weather app...NOTHING!!!

I also think the turn-by-turn onstar nav is garbage!! I don't have the hardwired navigation and am left with my maps app through carplay to have a sense of a mapped navigation system. But if you look up the system in the manual or anything online it says I'm suppose to have the hardwired navigation. Can someone please explain this to me....because it makes ZERO sense.

Other than these little things I'm really enjoying the truck so far....has a bit a hill problem, but I'm getting use to it.

Attachments

See less See more
#73 ·
Took a ride in a friend's new Ford F250 diesel and was playing with it's infotainment system and realized how nice the Bose/Nav system is in my truck :laugh:

My friend was complaining about his door locks being a two push on the button affair (a minor pet peeve of mine also) and I said "oh I can fix that". Went into the settings, no vehicle/climate control adjustments like we have. Boo! Quickly realized our system is 10x nicer than Fords...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.