Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - Fire Extinguisher Install
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM
HITTHEBEACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezyRiderAZ View Post
I know, anyone can install a fire extinguisher.......

But, after seeing a pic posted by kaiser67 about something else, I noticed he had an extinguisher in the driver side rear door panel, inside the useless angled "drink holder" or whatever GM wants to call it.

I tried a couple throwaway Kidde extinguishers in my truck but they were too big in diameter and it seemed like they would eventually cause the door panel to stretch, break, separate, or whatever.

I PM'd kaiser67 and he told me the brand and model extinguisher he used.
After finding an Amerex dealer, I bought an Amerex B417 which is a 2.5 pound ABC extinguisher for about $30.
This extinguisher is all metal, including the operating mechanism, and the included mounting bracket. It's also refillable.
Thanks Cheezy -- nice, clean install job! Did you use a regular hacksaw on that lower handle, or a Sawsall? Guessing I could clamp that handle on a bench or vise and then carefully cut it down. Thanks again for sharing.
As an aside, it's good to have one of these available, should you find someone else on the road who is in need of assistance, whether an engine fire or something else.

2016 Canyon SLE, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, Bose, Cocoa-Dune Cloth, Factory spray liner, Locking Rear Diff., DeeZee Rubber Bed Mat, WeatherTech No-Drill Mud Flaps, Iron-Cross SS Running Boards. Built April 27, 2016. Delivered May 16, 2016.

Last edited by HITTHEBEACH; 04-21-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added comment.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome