Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - Fire Extinguisher Install
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM
kaiser67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonesjr84 View Post
As much electronics that are in vehicles now a days, it still amazes me that people carry a fire extinguisher to use. You will do just as much damage with the fire extinguisher as the fire and more than likely not put the fire out.

Knowing what hidden damage fire causes, I'd probably knock someone out who was trying to put my burning vehicle out with a fire extinguisher. Not to mention I know what damage a FD will do to a vehicle and what the water damage will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Outstanding job, looks very good. Got a couple in my house and 1 at my hunting camp but I think if my Canyon catches fire I would rather it burns to a black blob and let the insurance company buy me a new one.
If it comes to the point that the extinguisher is needed then yeah the vehicle is already screwed most times but you bet your ass if someone is in trouble or that extra few seconds even with the extinguisher allow somebody to get free or save a pet or something, I'm going to use it...

I commented on the What Did You Do thread but I have used it twice. During an auto-x a car was leaking oil and caught fire in the engine bay, a quick blast put it out and no further damage. The other time I spotted a brush fire starting from some idiot tossing a cig butt into dry mulch.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome