Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon - View Single Post - Use Android Auto and cannot use phone
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
ChevyTrucker2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
My big complaint with AA is no Waze yet, but suppose to be close...until then blue-tooth and a windshield mount provides everything I need. Long press the phone button on the steering wheel allows me to use google now for sending talk commands to my phone. Short press lets me make/receive phone calls.

I am a long time GPS owner. Bought the first Garmin StreetPilot for my truck back in 2000 when we were RVing a lot. Since then Since then I have always used one on trips, and generally it just stays on the dash, running all the time. Even though the new Canyon will have the GM Nav system, I plan to still keep my Garmin 2597 on the dash, although it means having that unsightly (!) power cable draping down to the power supply underneath. I like he operation of the Garmins, and since I've been using them for going on 20 years I can make them do pretty much all I want. However, I hope the GM nav will prove to be useful enough I can put the Garmin into the console storage most of the time! My wife's Mercedes GPS in her C300 does not impress me at all. I hope the GM one will be much better....the reading I have done so far sounds like it will be better, but still much less capable than my old 2597. We are picking up the new Canyon this weekend; looking forward to that.

Waze is nice, I agree. I have occasionally used it on my phone, and I think it's just as good if not better than GoogleMaps. However, I am an old fart and pretty much use my phone ...... well, as a PHONE only! <g>

2017 GMC Canyon SLT V6/AT/CC/SB/2WD
Red Quartz Tintcoat / Cocoa
Bose/Nav

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome