Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
N

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    197 Posts
    Hello, it seems from your post in the AC thread you have a pretty good grasp of the AC on the first gen trucks. So if possible, may I pose a situation?
    I have a 2010 which when the temperature is below 25C the AC works fine. Then when the temperature rises to 30C or more, the problems begin.
    - at idle the AC works, blows cold air
    - at engine speeds below 2000RPM the compressor is in protection mode, runs for 5 seconds and shuts off, cycles like this as long as at that RPM, blowing warm air
    - at engine speeds above 2000RPM the compressor will run for longer, like 10-15 seconds and cycle like this, blowing coolish air
    Then once the outside air temperature gets back down in the middle 20s the AC blows cold air again.
    It has gone in to the dealership and of course while it is there it works. The dealer will not add coolant, they put in dye and couldn't find any leaks.
    Would you have an idea?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
    14 Posts
    Just a quick note to say thanks for the post on trouble-shooting / resolving AC motor issues. This saved me a 3-hour drive to the dealer where I bought it, figuring it would be a significant repair that I couldn't do myself.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…