Passenger Rear tire locks - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Passenger Rear tire locks

Why does my passenger rear tire, lock when the brakes get wet? It happen to me last night after going to work. I drove through a flooded parking lot and after i tried reversing, i believe my emergency brake, locks my passenger rear wheel only when going reverse. if you drive forward it does not lock, but trying to go reverse, it lets you go for about a split second than it feels like if you slammed on your brakes to stop. Right now I'm stuck on my apt. cant get out because i cant go reverse, due to the rear passenger brake, and there is a huge brick wall in front of my parking....
d1_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Passenger Rear tire locks

you could always throw it in netraul and push it back....if ya needed to go somewhere in a hurry...
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

I beleive there is a part in the back brakes that adjusts the brake pads when you are in reverse. There maybe something wrong with this and thats why it only happens in reverse. Hopefully someone that knows more about the brakes can chime in on this comment and help you out.
Lifted member #264
4" Skyjacker lift, 2" Shackles, 16x8 Pro Comp 8128, Toyo open country M/T 285/75R16
K&N CAI, Gutted pre-cat, MBRP exhaust, PCM4less tune
Kenwood DNX5120, Subthump box, Solobaric 8L7, Kicker amp, Infinity Kappa door speakers
SSK Crossmember Caps, Auto shifter
SuperSkidz front skid plate
fbody4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 02:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

well the neutral and push does not work i wish it did, but what i did today ones the rain stopped and the sun came out, I put it on reverse and it rolled easily well sorta than putting it back on drive it sounded like it needed brakes on the rear...so than the brakes were back to normal, but i replaced the brakes on the rear and well let me tell you i was lucky enough there were not touching metal to metal yet, but the truck needed rear brakes bad, maybe thats why they would lock up. My truck has 72,000 miles now and i had never replaced them ... i know it was about time... but hopefully that will fix the problem no rain yet it was a miracle we had some rain in Laredo,tx. Im just waiting to test it out again to see if this fixed the problem. Thanks for the ideas on trying to solve my problem coloradofans...!
d1_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.