Originally Posted by Xwd
Originally Posted by XJDesertFox
as another member put it, "the colorado is the red head ******* child of general motors"
Just curious...but why? I never owned an S10, but I figure aside from motor/torque range preference, the Colorado is a better truck than the S10 was. And even though the Colorado is behind in a few categories, I don't think it's a bad truck. Simple, and after 5 years of production, pretty solid.
you own a 2009 so you probably dont understand fully as the 09s had a lot of the problems fixed by then
Just off the top of my head.
1) the ABS system is garbage, constantly throwing faults
2) the motor is hit or miss, some get great life out of them, and to some its a ticking timebomb, i can recall atleast 3 motors on 355nation that have blown, and i know for a fact 2 of them were stock.
3) poor build quality. i dont even have to explain this one do i?
4) Leaf packs are defective on lots of Z71's
5) Poor gas tank placement causing the "chevy lean"
6) The TPMS system going nuts in cold weather (happens to me not sure about others)
7) The lack of aftermarket due to GM cheaping out and using cheaper, but less available parts, the AAM series axles for example.
Various electrical PCM problems people have : trucks shutting off, electrical going nuts, then with a restart of the motor, shazam its gone.