Is ZQ8 Package still available in the Canyon for 2012? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is ZQ8 Package still available in the Canyon for 2012?

Does anybody know if the ZQ8 package is still available? When you go to build truck on the GMC website it does not list it as a option. But if you look in the brochures it does list that it's still available. I'm thinking about one with leather and a sunroof if it's still available, probably not till next spring. I know neither the leather or the sunroof is available with the colorado ZQ8 but I do remember in 2011 model year the Canyons still offered leather. I really would like the leather power seats.

2012 3LT Stock.
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

The Chevy website indicates that the Leather/Power seats are available on the LT3 (ZQ but only on the Crew Cab. I could not find any reference to the sunroof. I could not find any reference to the ZQ8 on the GMC website either. I would say go by a Dealer and check but when I did that a year ago no one there knew anything about the vehicle and ended up calling the Chevy Order Desk. Wherever that is!!!.
cart7881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya, thats what I always run into, that non of the salesman at the dealer know anything about the Colorados or Canyons. I put in a call to a GMC local dealer earlier today and they never called back so I posted here. I've searched the internet up and down and it looks like no ZQ8 low rider for 2012 in the Canyons, 2011 was the last year and leather was available, I may end up waiting it out and see if one of those in the right color comes along used, I'm sure there are no more 2011's left on lots, probably like finding a needle in the haystack though, I don't think many were sold, very rare.

The Colorado still has the ZQ8 for 2012, but no leather with power seats or sun roof. I have a 2007 with the leather power seats I was going to sell and have thought about swapping the seats out if worse comes to worse, they should fit ok and are not worn very much, my 2007 is a Xtreme 5 banger and am thinking about getting rid of it for a 5.3 newer model (not Xtreme of course cause mine was the last year) anyhow, thanks for the help and looking it up. This could be a tough road finding what I'm looking for, glad I'm allowing a lot of time and starting to look now.

2012 3LT Stock.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

I forgot a link I have to GM that I used before I ordered last year. Check out eogld.ecomm.gm.com . It takes a bit of trial and error to navigate but all order info should be there for both the Colorado and Canyon. PM me if you have trouble with the website.
cart7881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

ZQ8 is still available on both the Colorado & Canyon. It's part of the LT3 package on the Colorado and part of the SLE3? package on the Canyon.

What's new for 2012 GMC Canyon
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gmc...nyon/2012.html

What's new for 2012 Chevrolet Colorado
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/che...rado/2012.html

2009 was the last year that leather & sunroof were available in the extended cab.

You'll have to order it, since there's no way you're going to find a new 2012 with the ZQ8 option sitting on the lot anywhere.

Last edited by rshadd; 02-01-2012 at 12:07 PM.
rshadd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshadd View Post
ZQ8 is still available on both the Colorado & Canyon. It's part of the LT3 package on the Colorado and part of the SLE3? package on the Canyon.

What's new for 2012 GMC Canyon
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gmc...nyon/2012.html

What's new for 2012 Chevrolet Colorado
https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/che...rado/2012.html

2009 was the last year that leather & sunroof were available in the extended cab.

You'll have to order it, since there's no way you're going to find a new 2012 with the ZQ8 option sitting on the lot anywhere.

You got that right, I did a national search and no luck. The ZQ8 has been discontinued on the canyon models, I just IM'd a GMC rep and he checked, just like I thought. It does not show on the ordering info anymore, I think earlier in the Model year you could still get it. So the only option new is a Colorado with the 5.3 8 but no leather or sunroof. Depressing, I'm actually ready for something more upscale at this point but not many options out there, needs to be a truck to carry my handcycle and an extended cab. I think a Avalanche is too high as is the escalade, any full size for that matter.

2012 3LT Stock.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

You could always get a new Silverado/Sierra and lower it. My next truck will be a full size on bags.

Last edited by rshadd; 02-02-2012 at 01:02 AM.
rshadd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks Rich, that's not a bad idea at all. I went to the Chevy dealer today to inquire about ordering a new Colorado, bad news. There are virtually no options available anymore on the 3lt truck with the 5.3. No Leather power seats, no sunroof, not even the towing package anymore, lol, what the heck is going on? I mean a lot of folks would buy the truck with the 5.3 with the intention of towing a horse trailer or some other trailer. Is GM on drugs or something these days. So ya, at this point I'm going to compare the Ford F150 with the Eco-boost motor to the Silverado with I dunno which motor, maybe the 6.2 and think about lowering it. Do you think Shorter springs would do it and maybe remove a couple leafs from the rear, or Air bags? Have you ever figured out how much this would cost to do? This would get me a lot more the Luxury in a vehicle I'm looking for too, can even get Nav in these vehicles, I'm getting kind of tired of the spartan dash and interior Colorados at this stage in my life anyhow, so maybe all this is a blessing.

I'm going to look at one of these http://www.cadillac.com/srx-luxury-crossover-suv.html tomorrow, Cadillac SRX, not to bad a price for a Cadillac, around ten grand more than the Rado but you get a lot more for your money. Even has brake pads that automatically move closer to the rotors when it's raining out (wipers on) for better braking performance on wet roads, how high tech is that? I'd be nervous though maybe it wears the pads faster, lol, or has problems being the first year doing this ever.

2012 3LT Stock.

Last edited by Curt; 02-02-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

You can still get leather in the crew cab Colorado 3LT. I specced one out a few weeks ago. The full-size trucks are just too **** big these days. Personally I like the 5.3 motor with extras.

594HP 5.3L Gen III Small Block for $3,252 - Hot Rod Magazine
flogge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flogge View Post
You can still get leather in the crew cab Colorado 3LT. I specced one out a few weeks ago. The full-size trucks are just too **** big these days. Personally I like the 5.3 motor with extras.

594HP 5.3L Gen III Small Block for $3,252 - Hot Rod Magazine
Ya, I was thinking about that. I don't think I'd be able to fit a full size truck in my garage. I would really want a extended cab though because I'm in a wheelchair and it is very easy to just open the suicide rear door and put the chair back there. The price of the ZQ8 3Lt truck has obviously gone up too even though it is stripped now, they told me at the dealer it would be 27K if the 2K incentive cash was not there when the truck came in a couple months from now, or 25K if the incentive cash was still there. I bought a loaded one sunroof and leather in 2009 for 23.2K. I think maybe I'll just forget about preserving that one and drive it into the ground over the next 5 years. With the 5.3 it will probably make it up to 200K miles if I take care of it.

2012 3LT Stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.