Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

"Can I borrow your truck?"

21K views 62 replies 48 participants last post by  HammerHead 
#1 ·
Do you have to deal with this questions from friends / family always wanting to borrow?

Never had a truck but wanted to ask... hopefully by end of this year I will own the Diesel Variant..

#5 ·
Most of my family has trucks of their own, but I second that I am the driver for mine if needed.

#7 ·
Same answer I give when you want to borrow my power tools, hand tools, or anything else: I am part of the deal.

I lent my 2001 Tahoe out once to daughter and son-in-law. He came back bragging about how well it passed someone on interstate at 90 MPH, and were other issues.

As Edgar Allen Poe's favorite bird said,

NEVERMORE!

Reactions: rphtech99
#9 ·
I don't mind helping my friends. I've hauled stuff for a friend before. I like my truck being useful, but I don't let people just borrow it; I come with the truck.

#16 ·
My wife did drive my truck once, but she needed me to get the oil changed in the Jeep I think.

Does that count?

#18 ·
I have been asked to haul a few items, but I have never been asked to loan the truck out.

#21 ·
Two things I don't lend out: My toothbrush and my truck.
On the other hand, I am always very happy to haul anything if legal..... if asked.

#24 ·
Most are scared to lend me their car in exchange, for fear they will find out their car was at the track.
A feigned excitement at the prospect of switching vehicles for a day and a causal mention of wanting to get their car up two wheels changes the subject where the nearest Ryder or U-Haul is, and how surprisingly affordable their rates are.

#25 ·
Lol.

Mine is being built in July and my neighbor already asked if he could borrow it for mulch once I got it. I was so pissed he had the balls to ask before I even got the **** truck so I said um no and he got pissed. I told him to go fly a kite in traffic.

I never let anyone drive my cars to begin with. Buy your own **** truck.

#26 ·
So.. I let my son and his fiancee borrow my 2015 Colorado for a cross country trip. I actually prefered they take it. They were rear ended in Riverside, CA. They're OK but I don't know the extent of the damage yet.

He did get a neat photo of the truck at Joshua Tree National Park... from the front of course.

#29 ·
My current truck is a 2001 Ford Ranger, my brother-in-law asked to borrow that a few weeks ago, and I said yes. I figured what's the harm. I'm kind of worried I might have set a precedent though, and when I get my new Colorado next year it might be harder to say no. I'll probably just volunteer to help out the next time. There are 4 people who I will always loan my vehicle (even my corvette) to. My folks. After all, they let me drive their vehicles when I was growing up. My brother, because I trust him, and my wife, well because she is my wife. Luckily for me though, my wife hates driving all my cars.

#32 ·
Ask to borrow his plow... for plowing wet concrete.

#31 ·
I loaned my new 2000 s10 ZR2 to a guy that wanted to pick up a clothes washer instead of waiting until it is delivered. How dangerous can a wash machine be...right? He backed up to the loading dock and the fork truck driver drove into the top of the open tailgate.

If you loan your truck out, YOU have to be there, YOU supervise the loading procedure, YOU are the boss, because it is your truck and the damage will cost YOU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.