Some folks just don't seem to get it... - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD-IOM-2010 View Post
1)
I read somewhere 85% of truck owners don't use the "Truck Bed", they just feel safer in a larger vehicle.
LOL to that!
And what percent of car owners always use the back seat or trunk?
It is all about the 15+% of the time when you NEED the open bed that appeals to we truck owners.
Try and carry firewood, dirt bikes and canoes in your sedan!
Having an open bed when you NEED it is.... the whole da*n point!!
That is why there are trucks.
PAR likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT 4X4 V6, CC, SB.
Bronze Alloy Metallic/Cocoa Dune
Ordered 10/8/14 Picked up 12/22/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Garage
I owned a 93 Silverado, had it for 14 years and loved it. I made a bad decision and sold it because we had to many vehicles at the time. I should have kept it and sold something else. I finally sold something else and have now ordered a 16 Colorado. I personally don't need a full size truck any longer and to me the new Silverado looks to boxy and just doesn't appeal to me at all anymore. I think GM should build the new Silverado based off of the New Colorado with a more rounded front end instead of the box look, not to mention that a crew cab Silverado is a bit to long for my garage!
Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine and it's not meant to offend anyone. If you like the new Silverado and if it's what you like by all means buy it and enjoy it. That's what I hope to do with my new Colorado.

Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z71-1.jpg (336.9 KB, 45 views)
post #23 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Lt View Post
I owned a 93 Silverado, had it for 14 years and loved it. I made a bad decision and sold it because we had to many vehicles at the time. I should have kept it and sold something else. I finally sold something else and have now ordered a 16 Colorado. I personally don't need a full size truck any longer and to me the new Silverado looks to boxy and just doesn't appeal to me at all anymore. I think GM should build the new Silverado based off of the New Colorado with a more rounded front end instead of the box look, not to mention that a crew cab Silverado is a bit to long for my garage!
Everyone has their own opinion and this is mine and it's not meant to offend anyone. If you like the new Silverado and if it's what you like by all means buy it and enjoy it. That's what I hope to do with my new Colorado.

Ed
I know the feeling. I had a Black 91' Ford "Nite" I became disabled in 2000 after a 12 year river career. I was making $360.00 a month bank notes on her and owed $4,500.00 when I took her to the bank when I could no longer make the payments. I sure do miss that truck. One like her below. Mine had the over the windshield faring with marker lights and also a air dam behind the cab. I still see her on the road every now and then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1dcp_0008Nite.jpg (54.5 KB, 78 views)

2015 Colorado WT, Extended Cab, 4X2, V6, SOLD after 6 months.

post #24 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 05:15 PM

Garage
Yep, it is called marketing, people. Things will be as expensive as possible as long as people still buy it. If you feel like you are getting hosed, buy the Silverado / F150, or buy a Nissan / Toyota. Done and done.
JBT likes this.

A custom signature
post #25 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 06:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Illinois View Post
I know the feeling. I had a Black 91' Ford "Nite" I became disabled in 2000 after a 12 year river career. I was making $360.00 a month bank notes on her and owed $4,500.00 when I took her to the bank when I could no longer make the payments. I sure do miss that truck. One like her below. Mine had the over the windshield faring with marker lights and also a air dam behind the cab. I still see her on the road every now and then.
I'm glad I don't see mine. As bad as I miss it that would suck!
Southern Illinois likes this.

2016 Colorado LT
post #26 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM

Garage
Quote:

Ed
Quote:
I'm glad I don't see mine. As bad as I miss it that would suck!
Lol!
I sold my 94 Silverado to my neighbor in 2008, and see it every day. If you are kicking yourself for selling it now, just wait until you park your new Colorado next to one, and compare them size wise.
post #27 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:55 PM

I traded in one of my previous truck. A couple years later I went to meet a guy to purchase a used snowboard. Snowboard seller drove up in my old truck. First time I'd seen it in years, and have not seen it since.

It looked like the Nite Ford, but not a Nite package. same as far as the black standard cab though.
post #28 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 09:35 PM

Garage
I had a 2003 Ford Ranger, then I had kids. I went to a FS truck for the room because nothing else really did it for me and still didn't until this truck. I had a 2005 F150, a 2008, and 2011 Titan, all CC. The real world MPG was never, ever close to what they stated. I did not for a minute think I would trade in my 2011 Titan as I thought that thing was boss. Well, just playing I tested the Canyon. Amazed to say the least, and it is now in my driveway. Did I give up a few things, sure. But, this truck drives and handles miles ahead of what I got rid of. I call it my little rocket ship because in all reality, the power is close to what I traded, and I have way more fun in the Canyon. Handling is smoother, parking is easier, and it doesn't seem to piss everyone off around me like the Titans did. Of course that could be my driving too, lol. Will I ever go back, I doubt it since everyone is jumping on the midsize bandwagon again and will make some awesome trucks. How did we ever manage when the Canyon and Colorado are the same size as FS was just a few years ago? Trucks have gone the McDonalds route, oh come on, supersize it, it's only a few bucks more, people bought into it, even though it wasn't in our best interests.
JBT, RadoMan and PAR like this.
post #29 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 07:05 AM

Traded my 14 LTZ Crew Cab for a 16 Colorado Z71 and love it. The Silverado was the nicest truck I have had but just overkill for my needs. The Colorado gets better mileage, still looks great and is much easier to bomb around in and get in and out of the tight parking areas/side streets in the Northeast..... All while being less expensive.
post #30 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 09:07 AM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverendbiker View Post
I read two more posts today with words like "For that price you could have bought a full-size."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trundle View Post
Yep, it is called marketing, people. Things will be as expensive as possible as long as people still buy it. If you feel like you are getting hosed, buy the Silverado / F150, or buy a Nissan / Toyota. Done and done.
This. Nuff said!!!

However, I can't understand why people continuously make the comments because lets go over it. Starting at the bottom and moving our way up (using all Chevy vehicles for this example).

Let's start with a base model Spark, starts at $12,270.
However, if I fully load up that Spark, it's about $17,000, I can now get a mid loaded Sonic.

I can get the base model Sonic for $14,245.
However, if I fully load that Sonic, it's about $20,000, i can now get a mid to upper loaded Cruze, or a base model Trax,

I can get the base model Cruze for $16,170.
However, if I fully load that Cruze, we'll be up around $24,000, which means now I can get a Malibu, or a base model Equinox, or a base model Colorado or a base model Camaro.

I could keep going but you guys obviously get the point.

Regardless of what one vehicle costs, there will always be another vehicle which you can get for the same money. Why not simply let the people who are spending their own money, spend it the way they want to?

But in the end, people are entitled to their opinions and unfortunately, some of them stink.
JBT, RatRacer, Trundle and 1 others like this.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #31 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:40 AM

I "got" to drive a 2015 CC Sierra for a few days while my truck was in the shop. I hated every mile in it. Hard to maneuver, much harder than my 1995 regular cab C1500. No rear view camera made parking much harder, both parallel and some angled parking garages.

When you guys are comparing costs, does that FS truck you are comparing have a rear view camera in it? Power driver seat? Power windows? How many of you would actually buy that WT trim Full Size, or the WT MS truck? In any event, I got a Canyon SLT 2WD CC for $32,500 before TTL. Are you trying to tell me I could have gotten a Sierra SLT 2WD CC for a "mere" $38,500 before TTL? (If I was going to spend $38,500 on a truck, I would have either opted for the Canyon 4WD or I would have waited for the diesel to arrive. )

I would never have considered a FS truck. The only way I could consider a pickup at all, was going to be the Taco, Frontier, or the new Twins. Toyota didn't want to sell me a Taco, and they made that pretty self-evident. Nissan only had one stripped Frontier to look at, and that convinced my wife we didn't want it without ever sitting in one. The manager at the Nissan dealership sold me my Wrangler, he would have worked me a sweet deal on the Frontier if I had been interested.

If the FS works for you for price and capabilities, go for it. I won't tell you how to spend your hard earned money and you don't tell me how to spend mine. Now, if you are interested in a Colorado or Canyon, I will offer you some good suggestions. (Get the V6, get the tow package, spray in bed liner, not sure the extended cab is worth the rear seat space, rest is up to you.)

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #32 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:13 PM

Agree on everything

some of my friends do not get it.

i need something small to tow my aluminum boat and do "honey do's"... and it must fit on my garage, i am not a fan of garage infested with crap

Last edited by buton; 08-31-2015 at 01:33 PM.
post #33 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:19 PM

This is such a silly discussion. I've got an idea !, Lets compare strippers to Soccer Moms ! ...
Scott Drinks Beer likes this.

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #34 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:24 PM
ADMIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGER View Post
This is such a silly discussion. I've got an idea !, Lets compare strippers to Soccer Moms ! ...
soccer moms by day, strippers by night.

Compared!!!
RadoMan likes this.

2015 Laser Blue Colorado LT
CC, 4X4, V6, SB

Mods:
LED light bar - 32"
HID headlights
LED fog lights
LED high beams
LED reverse lights
LED license plate lights
LED visor lights
LED dome lights
LED switchback front turn signal lights
LED cargo light turn signal conversion
LED bed lights
LED tail lights
LED sidemarkers
Canyon swapped tail lights
Red painted calipers
Supermod ported throttle body
Silver metallic rally stripes
Super Skidz skid plate
Volant CAI

Have a Colorado but want Canyon tail lights? Or vice versa CLICK HERE

***NOTE***
SITE RULES

post #35 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:42 PM

Garage
Lol, how did you millennials park before cameras? My first car was a 77 Ford LTD, it was longer than two full sized Chevy pickups towing a Colorado.

Yes, stripper moms ftw.
post #36 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Lol, how did you millennials park before cameras? My first car was a 77 Ford LTD, it was longer than two full sized Chevy pickups towing a Colorado.

Yes, stripper moms ftw.
At 56, I don't think I qualify as a millennial. And my first car was a 78 LTDII. You are exaggerating a tad ( but not much).

I also wasn't parallel parking daily back then. And sure, you can hook up a trailer without a camera, but could you, on your first try, put the ball of the hitch perfectly under the tongue

All I was saying that given Truck A, the Sierra, or Truck B, the Canyon, I will take the Canyon any day. For my daily driver, I would never choose a FS truck. The added size does nothing to enhance my daily driving experience, and it just takes more gas and effort to drive it.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #37 of 157 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:18 PM

Garage
I'll jump on the bandwagon and beat my drum! I had an 03 Avalanche that I really liked by the wife and daughter couldn't stand driving it. Got rid of it when it got too expensive for me to use as my daily driver. Fast forward a decade and we picked up are used 07 Canyon. Got a stripped version and the only thing I wish it had is power locks. I am pushing her to look at the new diesel canyons but worry that the crew cab with the long bed might be pushing the drivability issue again. As has been pointed out, I can't get the diesel in anything other than a D1500, which I am sure won't fit in my garage. Of course, if the mileage numbers aren't there, I will still have my old canyon.

Stock 2007 Canyon ext cab 4 cyl with 5 speed
post #38 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 11:01 PM
CFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post

Yes, stripper moms ftw.
How did millenials drive before anti-lock brakes and traction control? Heck 1977, they would have veen totally lost without a side view mirror on both the left and right side.
JBT, RatRacer and wildwest450 like this.
post #39 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 07:36 AM

Garage
LOL, like they use mirrors!

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone
post #40 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 08:59 AM

I built and ordered a fully loaded canyon all terrain 4x4 just going off pictures a year ago exactly and I have loved it ever Sense I took delivery. It can go off road, carry my family and friends comfortably and has all the tech of the sierra and looks with out the girth. Like Richard Rawlings likes to say.... Its a win, win, win! Would I drive a sierra....in a Heart beat, but to have the sierra shrunken down to a mid size is perfect. Besides with my lift and tires people think it's a sierra half the time anyways.lol....money well spent!

1998 Pontiac Firebird/LS1 swap

2008 Pontiac G8 GT/ Cortex Tune/GXP Front Bumper
Camaro 20's/Solo Axel Back Exhaust-SOLD

2015 GMC Canyon Cyber Grey All Terrain CC SB 4x4
Took Delivery 11/23/14
Removed Air Dam
Rough Country 2 Inch Leveling Kit
Zone 1.5 inch body lift
Trifecta Tune
285/70 r17 BFG KO 2's

2016 SLIRH Chevrolet SS,
Camaro 20's
Solo Exhaust
Tinted front windshield
Black out package
#535 of 2,221 built in 2016
#1 of 5 as optioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode